NBC Sports Edge Forums

Le'Veon Bell 2020 Outlook

2 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

If your reasoning is "I won't draft Leveon Bell because I'm worried about Frank Gore being there" you should probably quit Fantasy Football.

If your reasoning is 'I will draft Bell in hopes that he recaptures his Steeler glory of 2017' despite the presence of Gase and Gore, you should keep right on playing fantasy football, for money, which I will take.

• Like 2
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone that doesn't have Dolphins, Chiefs or Bills RBs

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Thank you for what? The report you quoted said Bell is expected to get something similar to his 20.7 touch per game average, but in fewer snaps. We'll see how it shakes out during the season, but I still think Bell is going to be the mid-RB2 in half PPR that he was last season. 

As if the Jets offense is not hilariously predictably enough as it is, now they are going to scale Bell's snaps back but keep giving him the same amount of touches?  I guess when Bell is in the game, his opponent's will know he is getting the ball.  Bell will probably be a good player to roster in leagues that give out a point for every carry and catch a player has, while ignoring yards and touchdowns.  "Thank yew" was to the bolded part--that Bell does not represent any kind of value in the 4th round.

16 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

As if the Jets offense is not hilariously predictably enough as it is, now they are going to scale Bell's snaps back but keep giving him the same amount of touches?  I guess when Bell is in the game, his opponent's will know he is getting the ball.  Bell will probably be a good player to roster in leagues that give out a point for every carry and catch a player has, while ignoring yards and touchdowns.  "Thank yew" was to the bolded part--that Bell does not represent any kind of value in the 4th round.

Leveon Bell gave you his Floor season last year. He basically told you "My worst possible season is RB16"

Leveon's floor in 2020 = RB16

Leveon's ADP in 2020 = RB19

It's very simple logic: Leveon is currently being priced BELOW his Floor. That, by definition, makes him a Value pick.

How is this hard for people to understand?

Edited by PisEdiRin
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

If your reasoning is "I won't draft Leveon Bell because I'm worried about Frank Gore being there" you should probably quit Fantasy Football.

If you think, "Ah....there's no way Gore will have any effect on my starting RB", then you should probably quit Fantasy Football.

• Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, K197040 said:

If you think, "Ah....there's no way Gore will have any effect on my starting RB", then you should probably quit Fantasy Football.

All 32 starting RBs have a Backup. Every one of them. Bell is no different; his backup just happens to be a 40 year old, plodding, 1 yard and a cloud of dust, 1st/2nd Down Only RB who offers zero value on passing 3rd downs or in Hurry-up situations.

Just now, PisEdiRin said:

All 32 starting RBs have a Backup. Every one of them. Bell is no different; his backup just happens to be a 40 year old, plodding, 1 yard and a cloud of dust, 1st/2nd Down Only RB who offers zero value on passing 3rd downs or in Hurry-up situations.

And yet coaches still give him 150+ carries.  At the expense of more clearly talented backs.

I'm not banking on Gase breaking that trend.   Which he's already been a part of.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

If your reasoning is 'I will draft Bell in hopes that he recaptures his Steeler glory of 2017' despite the presence of Gase and Gore, you should keep right on playing fantasy football, for money, which I will take.

Has anyone actually said they are expecting that? maybe i missed it while going through the back and forth in here

EDIT: Middle of the pack RB2 this season for me 

Edited by kmoore1521
  • Like 1
46 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Has anyone actually said they are expecting that? maybe i missed it while going through the back and forth in here

EDIT: Middle of the pack RB2 this season for me 

Exactly! Nobody here is expecting a top-5 finish for Bell, & if anyone is actually relying on that then they’re gonna be sorely disappointed. A top-15ish,  RB2 season is a reasonable expectation for him based on his versatility & a revamped o-line. Those touting Conner, Carson, or Taylor over him are just spinning their wheels because they’ll all end up pretty close in final fantasy numbers 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Exactly! Nobody here is expecting a top-5 finish for Bell, & if anyone is actually relying on that then they’re gonna be sorely disappointed. A top-15ish,  RB2 season is a reasonable expectation for him based on his versatility & a revamped o-line. Those touting Conner, Carson, or Taylor over him are just spinning their wheels because they’ll all end up pretty close in final fantasy numbers 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ah...but here's the key: in the 4th round, I look for a player who could finish top 5.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

Leveon Bell gave you his Floor season last year. He basically told you "My worst possible season is RB16"

Leveon's floor in 2020 = RB16

Leveon's ADP in 2020 = RB19

It's very simple logic: Leveon is currently being priced BELOW his Floor. That, by definition, makes him a Value pick.

How is this hard for people to understand?

You forgot one thing: 2019 is not Bell's floor.  The Jests will still be terrible, and now Gore is there.  2020 will be Bell's new, lower floor.  Then, in 2021, Bell will not be on any NFL team, and that will be his yet lower floor.

It's all about spotting trends.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
10 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Ah...but here's the key: in the 4th round, I look for a player who could finish top 5.

Good luck with that.  More often than not, that plan ends in disappointment

I mentioned last yr how Bell would be a bust at his draft position and I even predicted his yardage total and TD total almost on the nose. However, he did run hard and looked spry. The biggest issue was the lack of talent around him and leaky offensive line. He's sliding to the 5th rd in some mock drafts, which has peaked my interest. Any reason to believe this yr will be different? Any notable upgrades at O line or at play caller?

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

I mentioned last yr how Bell would be a bust at his draft position and I even predicted his yardage total and TD total almost on the nose. However, he did run hard and looked spry. The biggest issue was the lack of talent around him and leaky offensive line. He's sliding to the 5th rd in some mock drafts, which has peaked my interest. Any reason to believe this yr will be different? Any notable upgrades at O line or at play caller?

Their entire line is pretty much revamped. I doubt their line will be even average but it should be better than absolutely awful. Becton is also a very good run blocker. The team was also pretty beat up in general last season so that didn’t help.

I really like Bell this year and the only thing giving me pause is Gase. How that dude still has a job is absolutely beyond me. 

• Like 4

Jets' Le'Veon Bell: Bothered by hamstring

By RotoWire Staff

Bell was pulled from practice Wednesday due to tightness in his hamstring, Connor Hughes of The Athletic reports.

Coach Adam Gase seemed to downplay the injury but didn't really get into details. Bell's absence opened up some first-team reps for fourth-round rookie La'Mical Perine, who then broke free for a 36-yard gain on his first carry with the starters. If Bell were to miss games this season, the Jets likely would rely on Perine and Frank Gore to split the workload in the backfield. There's already been plenty of speculation that Bell won't match last year's 82.4 percent snap share or 20.7 touches per game, though he can afford to lose some work and still provide better fantasy production if he drags his efficiency (3.2 YPC, 7.0 YPR) out of the gutter. In any case, the Jets likely will take a cautious approach and keep Bell out of practice for at least one or two sessions after Wednesday.

Something to keep an eye on.  Perine may be worth adding in deeper leagues because hamstrings can be especially tricky for rb's.

On 8/10/2020 at 4:32 AM, joshua18 said:

Them signing Gore is telling you Bell won’t get the workload he got last year. It’s up to you to listen...or not.

Just remember, I warned anyone who was wise enough to listen...

ESPN's Cameron Wolfe, who covered Adam Gase in Miami, said the Jets head coach "loves" Frank Gore and implied the veteran could split carries with RB Le'Veon Bell. 

Bell on Wednesday appeared unhappy about his practice usage while the Jets offense struggled mightily throughout. Wolfe chimed in on Twitter, saying he "wouldn’t be surprised if that backfield is split more than some Jets fans might want. Gore still has some gas in the tank and plays how Gase likes his backs — downhill, always moving forward, good vision and pass blocking." Gore led Gase's 2018 Dolphins in carries, and the Jets have been open about using the 37-year-old back to lighten Bell's workload in 2020. 

RELATED: 
Aug 26, 2020, 12:36 PM ET
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Jets' Le'Veon Bell: Bothered by hamstring

By RotoWire Staff

Bell was pulled from practice Wednesday due to tightness in his hamstring, Connor Hughes of The Athletic reports.

Coach Adam Gase seemed to downplay the injury but didn't really get into details. Bell's absence opened up some first-team reps for fourth-round rookie La'Mical Perine, who then broke free for a 36-yard gain on his first carry with the starters. If Bell were to miss games this season, the Jets likely would rely on Perine and Frank Gore to split the workload in the backfield. There's already been plenty of speculation that Bell won't match last year's 82.4 percent snap share or 20.7 touches per game, though he can afford to lose some work and still provide better fantasy production if he drags his efficiency (3.2 YPC, 7.0 YPR) out of the gutter. In any case, the Jets likely will take a cautious approach and keep Bell out of practice for at least one or two sessions after Wednesday.

Something to keep an eye on.  Perine may be worth adding in deeper leagues because hamstrings can be especially tricky for rb's.

Why would you quote this and not mention the tweet from Bell saying "Ain't nothing wrong with my hamstrings" kind of scary seems like him and Gase are at odds. Handcuff like crazy today Drake, Miles, Montegomery, Bell melt down, its gonna be a crazy year. 

• Thanks 1

Gase seems like he is going to ice Bell and feed Gore and Perine.  Just trade Bell then...or is he not movable?  I don't know the dead $, cap space etc details and if a deal could be struck.  But Bell might still be good and we would not know it on the Jets.

16 minutes ago, EWV1 said:

Gase seems like he is going to ice Bell and feed Gore and Perine.  Just trade Bell then...or is he not movable?  I don't know the dead $, cap space etc details and if a deal could be struck.  But Bell might still be good and we would not know it on the Jets.

This is why gurley is the far superior back in fantasy this year and it’s not about talent both backs are talented but the situations are completely different, Jets just don’t have the receivers to prevent stacked boxes, add in the fact that the head coach (Gase) is a horrible coach for fantasy rbs, and then you add In the fact that they brought in frank gore too do one thing basically vulture some of bells Td opportunities because let’s get real he’s a back rb and at this age he’s not a change of pace back he’s a goalline bulldozer basically.

• Like 1
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic