• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone that doesn't have Dolphins, Chiefs or Bills RBs

Posted Images

14 hours ago, yossarian said:

Nah. "I was really healthy for a long time" shouldn't get you in the hall of fame. Sorry. 

I agree and thankfully that is one of many criteria that are taken into account. A player can't collect the stats without playing and based on past years, stats do get you in when they're that high. Peace.

Edited by Spyplane
5 hours ago, Sherlocklock said:

Agreed.  You wouldn’t make someone a saint just because he lived to be 125 and was a pretty nice guy for the entire time.

I take it you're not very familiar with Catholic saints and their life stories. For some of those, that would be a considerable upgrade.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

I take it you're not very familiar with Catholic saints and their life stories. For some of those, that would be a considerable upgrade.

Hallucinating a vision of the Virgin Mary usually get's 'em in, too.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Invest in Darrel Williams.

meh, i'd steer clear altogether .... you know the Falcons will jump out to a 44-0 halftime lead only to see 60+ attempts by 'Homie translate to the 45-44 comeback win. 

3 carries for the rbs total, with maybe 4 receptions.

🤷‍♂️

If Bell is right he's absolutely intriguing as a streaming RB, maybe in the RB2-flex range. I think they'll get the other backs involved some though and won't lean completely on Bell. He got his brain scrambled at the very end of the game though and may be in concussion protocol this week

The problem with investing in Darrel Williams is won't get enough touches to warrant entering into lineups for the Ship/3rd place. Bell seemed fine at the end of that game. Also Andy Reid probably feels like he HAS to give Bell 12-15 touches so he doesn't sulk like a baby and get divisive in the locker room, but he may chuck it 60 times with Mahomes anyway.

Even if Bell gets the full load, KC will be passing all day on Atlanta, Mahomes doesn't dump to the RB often, and when Bell did get full run with CEH out earlier this year he absolutely sucked. 

Hard to trust that in the Championship.

1 hour ago, StevieStats said:

Even if Bell gets the full load, KC will be passing all day on Atlanta, Mahomes doesn't dump to the RB often, and when Bell did get full run with CEH out earlier this year he absolutely sucked. 

Hard to trust that in the Championship.

People were saying this about Fournette, and he dropped 20 fantasy points. I think similar situation if Bell suits up, good TD opportunities because they should light up ATL defense but I don't see him hitting 100 yards or anything. Bell gets alot of hate because of what's happened the past few years not living up to expectations but if this was someone else potentially starting as lead back for KC against ATL they'd be getting talked up. 

TLDR; I think he could potentially help some championship teams that have underwhelming RB2/flex options.

And to the guy wondering why the thread is so quiet, every thread is going to be quiet this time of year. Only about 20% of the fantasy community cares anymore. It's rare for me to still be posting this time of year 😄

Edited by owenmills
1 minute ago, noles1983 said:

So what kind of workload does this dude get with the Chiefs possibly limiting/benching their starters? Is he even worth rostering at this point?

Dicey. No reason to lean on him too much in meaningless games after already losing CEH

1 hour ago, noles1983 said:

So what kind of workload does this dude get with the Chiefs possibly limiting/benching their starters? Is he even worth rostering at this point?

I can't trust him with a Championship on the line. He sucked when CEH was out earlier this year. Very very risky even with presumed lead back duties.

• Thanks 2
5 hours ago, Lucius Seneca said:

Agree that Bell has lost a step, but then again, he might fall into the end zone a couple of times.  DPI in the end zone is best case scenario for Bell's goal line plunges.

Completely agree. With MEH out of the picture Bell should be in lineups at least as a flex this week. Bell is the only back with any size/bulk left in this offense and I don't know the numbers but I'd bet KC is top 5 in DPI EZ situations.

• Haha 1
21 hours ago, sSektor said:

@SharkSwimmer

I concede. Bell is hot garbage and can't do anything without high volume and a great o-line. Reid is insane for stunting CEH's development for this bum.

Bell got a lot of folks excited when he signed with KC, but he was a pretty big let down.  I will be avoiding him like the plague again next season, if he is still in the league by then.

• Like 2

Yeah I mean it's undeniable now - he is washed. I owned him in a dynasty since his rookie year and thought he had at least 3-4 elite years in him before his holdout. He was a unique blend of ability and incredible patience as a runner. I never saw his running style before combined with the power he had. I finally parted ways shortly after I saw him w/the Jets - and blamed it on the Jets. 

As a 1st-round drafter of MEH this summer I was crushed LeVeon was signed by KC. I thought for sure Bell would take the RB1 role . As it turns out his time with the Jets is what he now is. Gore outplayed him while he was there and then after he left - he's somewhere below Gore now FFS. That was not a Gase fluke as it turns out.

Holdout was a real bad idea - it killed his career is what it now looks like and I agree - he may not even be in the league next year. That seems crazy to me.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Le'Veon Bell said he signed with the Chiefs in October because he wouldn't get a significant workload. 

Bell said he seriously considered signing with the Dolphins but wanted "to go somewhere where I can still have my body and still help the team win." In Miami, Bell figured he'd see far more touches than in KC's loaded offense. "That’s what separated the Dolphins and the Chiefs. I felt like if I went to the Dolphins, I would have done a little more," Bell added. "It’s hard even trying to explain it. But it was real close between the Dolphins, Bills and Chiefs.” It's a revealing comment -- one that shows an abnormal sense of how much work the aging running back can handle. In KC, Bell has started two games and rushed for 254 yards and two touchdowns on 64 carries. He'll be third in the team's backfield pecking order this Sunday against Tampa. 

I actually think that was pretty smart of Bell to analyze it that way.

A player is never supposed to admit something like this out loud, however.

I don't think this quote is going to help much if Bell tries to continue his career into 2021.

• Like 1