Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Le'Veon Bell 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Bell is 29 in human years and appears to be about 49 in running back years.

Technically he's still 28, but if we hold our breath for about 10 days you'll be right. The second part of the sentence I'm not debating, at all.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone that doesn't have Dolphins, Chiefs or Bills RBs

Posted Images

On 2/8/2021 at 6:40 PM, SharkSwimmer said:

Bell is 29 in human years and appears to be about 49 in running back years.

 

He has less carries on his body than most great running backs did by his age.  He's just a player that fits well in a particular scheme.  He should have fit better with the Chiefs, but how much work should he have gotten after joining the team in the middle of the pandemic season?

If Bell is content being a backup or competing for touches he should go to a team that has a system that would fit his running style well... Denver or Vegas would make sense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Iron-cock said:

 

He has less carries on his body than most great running backs did by his age.  He's just a player that fits well in a particular scheme.  He should have fit better with the Chiefs, but how much work should he have gotten after joining the team in the middle of the pandemic season?

If Bell is content being a backup or competing for touches he should go to a team that has a system that would fit his running style well... Denver or Vegas would make sense.


some guys get paid and have no true desire left to play hard enough to hurt their bodies, etc... I think Leveon falls into this category. He got his big payday, no incentive for him to want to try as hard. Some guys are all about the money and not having a prolific career.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Iron-cock said:

 

He has less carries on his body than most great running backs did by his age.  He's just a player that fits well in a particular scheme.  He should have fit better with the Chiefs, but how much work should he have gotten after joining the team in the middle of the pandemic season?

If Bell is content being a backup or competing for touches he should go to a team that has a system that would fit his running style well... Denver or Vegas would make sense.

A system which would "fit his running style well"?  I suppose you mean a place where he expects to not really run at all?  I wonder how many teams have that type of opening available.  Maybe Bell aspires to the old Eddie Lacy scheme fit. 

 

spacer.png

Edited by jumper
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Iron-cock said:

 

He has less carries on his body than most great running backs did by his age.  He's just a player that fits well in a particular scheme.  He should have fit better with the Chiefs, but how much work should he have gotten after joining the team in the middle of the pandemic season?

If Bell is content being a backup or competing for touches he should go to a team that has a system that would fit his running style well... Denver or Vegas would make sense.

I think you may want to reassess that bolded portion...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I think you may want to reassess that bolded portion...

Yeah I think that's fair to say at this point. He had 3 "very good" seasons, 2 where he approached 2000 yfs ('16/'17) and 1 where he exceeded that #('14 - his year 2). He topped out at 11 combined TDs twice ('14/'17), 

I thought he was trending to be "great", particularly after 2014, but in hindsight he falls short of that term for me with the body of work to evaluate. He is more flash in the pan and there have been some very good ones of those over the years whose names will trigger a flashback.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2021 at 4:20 PM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:


some guys get paid and have no true desire left to play hard enough to hurt their bodies, etc... I think Leveon falls into this category. He got his big payday, no incentive for him to want to try as hard. Some guys are all about the money and not having a prolific career.

spacer.png

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think about his style of running how he would wait for holes to develop and seems like you’d really have to have a good oline but also be totally in sync with them and it’s something that just doesn’t carry over to another team

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...