Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

Things are now going to happen rapidly.  The CBA vote will conclude, the legal tampering period will begin, teams will excercise their franchise tags.  They say Brady's decision will start the chain reaction of QBs going to teams.  As one agent said, however, it is like musical chairs in that there are not enough chairs.  Where will Winston end up?  Rivers?  Bridgewater?  Newton?  Mariota?  

It's wild.  Brady is far more name than game at this point, and that is the type of player Belichick regularly gets rid of.  Patriot way.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A moment of your time sir please fill out this form!

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Sivaro said:

Tom Brady will get hurt within 4 games without the o-line he had in NE.   He is no better than a low end starter at this point.  He could be a starter as long as there is a stud rookie looking to take over, and he is willing to mentor the rookie.  But, that is not Toms deal, he does not want to help another QB get better.   

He has overstayed his welcome. Just retire Tom, you do not need to prove anything, you have the money.  Just go out in style and on your terms.  

This is just getting old. 

The incoming punishments likely to occur in Spygate 2.0 probably isn’t encouraging him to stick around, as well.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sivaro said:

Tom Brady will get hurt within 4 games without the o-line he had in NE.   He is no better than a low end starter at this point.  He could be a starter as long as there is a stud rookie looking to take over, and he is willing to mentor the rookie.  But, that is not Toms deal, he does not want to help another QB get better.   

He has overstayed his welcome. Just retire Tom, you do not need to prove anything, you have the money.  Just go out in style and on your terms.  

This is just getting old. 

Im not saying you're wrong, but have people who know, said that? Has Garoppolo or Jacoby Brissett said that? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Tom Brady does not want to mentor anyone because he never wanted to be mentored, either.  Bledsoe tried to help Brady when Brady was 4th string but I can just imagine the response...

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Tom Brady does not want to mentor anyone because he never wanted to be mentored, either.  Bledsoe tried to help Brady when Brady was 4th string but I can just imagine the response...

For me, the bottom line is, some people want to be teachers and some dont. It doesnt change my opinion of a person either way. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ski-U-Mah said:

Im not saying you're wrong, but have people who know, said that? Has Garoppolo or Jacoby Brissett said that? 

 

He wanted nothing to do with helping Jimmy G when he was here. Not sure if he said it out loud.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2020 at 9:43 AM, SharkSwimmer said:

If Brady were still an effective game manager?  Big improvement over what he actually is now.  He lost in Foxboro to the fricking Fitzmagic Dolphins in a must win week 17.  He went .500 down the stretch and lost to every real team on the schedule.  

Remarkable that anyone could think tenn sniffs the playoffs without a historic season from their franchise qb Tannehill. They were 2-4 and got PASTED by the lowly Flacco Broncos when he took over.

 

 

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ski-U-Mah said:

For me, the bottom line is, some people want to be teachers and some dont. It doesnt change my opinion of a person either way. 

Fair enough.  But Brady seems squarely in the second category.  Therefore, any team that wants to bring Brady in to mentor a younger QB should keep that in mind.  Phillip is the same way.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Rick Stroud is reporting that the Bucs will go balls to the wall to try to sign Tom Brady.  It would be interesting to see.  I suspect Evans and Godwin's numbers would suffer a bit, but OJ Howard's might actually improve.  If Brady goes to Tampa.

Edited by SharkSwimmer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ski-U-Mah said:

Im not saying you're wrong, but have people who know, said that? Has Garoppolo or Jacoby Brissett said that? 

 

It's documented that Brady is not a take you under his wing type of mentor; he believes in competition, he will compete against you daily on the field regardless of if you are the starter or the practice squad QB. In a way he mentors by figuring out how to kick your azz and minimizing his weaknesses. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

Remarkable that anyone could think tenn sniffs the playoffs without a historic season from their franchise qb Tannehill. They were 2-4 and got PASTED by the lowly Flacco Broncos when he took over.

 

 

 

Lol, Tannehill the HOF'er.

 

I'd like to see him do it without His Royal Highness King Henry.

 

 

Looks like TBis gonna go hard after Tom anyway.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Rick Stroud is reporting that the Bucs will go balls to the wall to try to sign Tom Brady.  It would be interesting to see.  I suspect Evans and Godwin's numbers would suffer a bit, but OJ Howard's might actually improve.  If Brady goes to Tampa.

 

I guess you haven't heard about Bruce Arians and his TE history.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Rick Stroud is reporting that the Bucs will go balls to the wall to try to sign Tom Brady.  It would be interesting to see.  I suspect Evans and Godwin's numbers would suffer a bit, but OJ Howard's might actually improve.  If Brady goes to Tampa.

I'm not sure about Godwin's, he does a lot of damage after the catch.  I still see him feasting.  But I agree on Mike.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In the unlikely event Brady goes to play for Bruce Arians, it is going to be a battle of wills.  Brady could pepper OJ Howard with targets, just to prove a point.

That, and, pop-gun arm.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Lol, Tannehill the HOF'er.

 

I'd like to see him do it without His Royal Highness King Henry.

 

 

Looks like TBis gonna go hard after Tom anyway.


only a fool chases ghosts of the past, DHC 

 

King Henry deserves better 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Rick Stroud is reporting that the Bucs will go balls to the wall to try to sign Tom Brady.  It would be interesting to see.  I suspect Evans and Godwin's numbers would suffer a bit, but OJ Howard's might actually improve.  If Brady goes to Tampa.

Yea. and whoever the catching RB is

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Rick Stroud is reporting that the Bucs will go balls to the wall to try to sign Tom Brady.  It would be interesting to see.  I suspect Evans and Godwin's numbers would suffer a bit, but OJ Howard's might actually improve.  If Brady goes to Tampa.

 

Impossible. Arians needs a QB who will throw bombs and be willing to take a hit to buy the wr time to get downfield.

A 43yr old immobile QB cant play in that type of system. 

 

The way I read this Tampa situation is Ken Doll Brady asked his Sugar Momma Giselle could he consider TEN and she said go sleep on the coach for such a stupid idea and then he asked her what about Tampa since they have non-stop flights to Brazil and she said she would consider it. 😂

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Looks like TBis gonna go hard after Tom anyway.


Bucs need a lot more than Brady to win. Brady is after money but more rings too.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, MrWannaBee said:


Bucs need a lot more than Brady to win. Brady is after money but more rings too.

 

They have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. I wouldn’t underestimate what kind of impact bringing in a guy like Brady who is so accustomed to winning would have on that whole team. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

They have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. I wouldn’t underestimate what kind of impact bringing in a guy like Brady who is so accustomed to winning would have on that whole team. 

 

Their defense wouldn't have to instantly get back on the field 23 times due to head scratching interceptions for one. Winson was also responsible for 42 points worth of pick 6's in 2019 lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BMcP said:

 

Have you not read the thread? He is a HOF and a GOAT who cares about his terrible 2019 performance that all the fanboys blame on his wr's? 🤣

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

Have you not read the thread? He is a HOF and a GOAT who cares about his terrible 2019 performance that all the fanboys blame on his wr's? 🤣

So you just ignore the whole bottom part of the article? 🤣 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

Have you not read the thread? He is a HOF and a GOAT who cares about his terrible 2019 performance that all the fanboys blame on his wr's? 🤣

I’m just so tired of arguing.  I imagine he wouldn’t fit well with Arians. I’ll leave it to the younger folks to argue the contrary.

Edited by BMcP
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Tom Brady 2020 Outlook
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...