NBC Sports Edge Forums

52 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Tennessee bound

Feed Henry 25 times a game. Brady dominates play action.

Could win back to back super bowls there.

You know who dominates play action?  Ryan Tannehill.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A moment of your time sir please fill out this form!

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Goatstain3 said:

At this point in their careers, I'll take the mobility of Tannehill, over wrinkled balls Brady.  

You sure about that?

With the same talent around them, Brady > Tannehill and it's not even a question that should be taken seriously IMO.

45 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

You sure about that?

With the same talent around them, Brady > Tannehill and it's not even a question that should be taken seriously IMO.

Is just my opinion.  And I'll have you know, the next time I'm wrong, will only be the 4,873 rd.

• Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Cleats: never thought we wouldn’t be seeing eye-to-eye on the value of Tannehill to this offense?!

Tannehill was really good, I admit it.

However, Brady is the GOAT and Tannehill shriveled under pressure against KC and didn't have to do anything against BAL. I just feel like a guy like Brady makes tight throws in tight windows and that's what it takes to win a super bowl. Tannehill was good most the season but against KC he was overthrowing and underthrowing everyone. When you have Brady at an advanced age who is still very accurate in high pressure situations then I'd rather have him in those critical moments and he can lean on Henry through the regular season to do the heavy lifting.

It's just a out the best match for Brady. Chargers and raiders aren't winning a super bowl with Brady, he would have to do too much to keep them competitive. Tennessee has a really good defense, offense is built with a strong OLine and a big strong running game, Brady would have a solid slot guy in Hinphries ala Welker or Edelman, he will have AJ Brown and Jonnu Smith, maybe Corey Davis bit that's some nice weapons for the GOAT.

Tannehill is decent but I'd always be worries about him being able to make the big play in the big games. Henry dominated through the playoffs and was doing good against KC, when they needed Tannehill to make a play he came up flat, those are the moments that make Brady the GOAT, Henry can carry him so far but when everything is on the line you need a guy with ice water in his veins and that is the GOAT.

I think TEN is the best fit because they were the closest team to making the super bowl last year. Henry is built to take on the majority of the load, so an older QB like Brady would coast through the regular season and then his experience and playoff prowess combined with Henrys power would be a formidable opponent for anyone.

From what I can gather in a half asleep state during my early morning commutes it appears that Bostonia sports radio thinks Brady is gone. You can hear the fear in their voices but also a hint of happiness that they will have a nice topic to bitch about for years to come.

I also hate Boston sports radio and media in general.

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Tannehill was really good, I admit it.

However, Brady is the GOAT and Tannehill shriveled under pressure against KC and didn't have to do anything against BAL. I just feel like a guy like Brady makes tight throws in tight windows and that's what it takes to win a super bowl. Tannehill was good most the season but against KC he was overthrowing and underthrowing everyone. When you have Brady at an advanced age who is still very accurate in high pressure situations then I'd rather have him in those critical moments and he can lean on Henry through the regular season to do the heavy lifting.

It's just a out the best match for Brady. Chargers and raiders aren't winning a super bowl with Brady, he would have to do too much to keep them competitive. Tennessee has a really good defense, offense is built with a strong OLine and a big strong running game, Brady would have a solid slot guy in Hinphries ala Welker or Edelman, he will have AJ Brown and Jonnu Smith, maybe Corey Davis bit that's some nice weapons for the GOAT.

Tannehill is decent but I'd always be worries about him being able to make the big play in the big games. Henry dominated through the playoffs and was doing good against KC, when they needed Tannehill to make a play he came up flat, those are the moments that make Brady the GOAT, Henry can carry him so far but when everything is on the line you need a guy with ice water in his veins and that is the GOAT.

I think TEN is the best fit because they were the closest team to making the super bowl last year. Henry is built to take on the majority of the load, so an older QB like Brady would coast through the regular season and then his experience and playoff prowess combined with Henrys power would be a formidable opponent for anyone.

Tannehill led the team to a victory in a game where Mahomes threw for about 450 and 3 TDs.  Henry ran for nearly 200 yards and 2 TDs to help seal the win.  Can that sort of production be counted upon from 43-year-old Brady?  I doubt it.

9 hours ago, BMcP said:

Tannehill led the team to a victory in a game where Mahomes threw for about 450 and 3 TDs.  Henry ran for nearly 200 yards and 2 TDs to help seal the win.  Can that sort of production be counted upon from 43-year-old Brady?  I doubt it.

I think it can.

Tannehill won against KC in a regular season game, which was a good job but winning in the AFC Championship game is a different story. If rather have the GOAT making those tight window throws with everything on the line.

12 hours ago, sSektor said:

From what I can gather in a half asleep state during my early morning commutes it appears that Bostonia sports radio thinks Brady is gone. You can hear the fear in their voices but also a hint of happiness that they will have a nice topic to bitch about for years to come.

WEEI is my go to station. 

13 hours ago, sSektor said:

Felger and Mazz totally want Brady gone. 

2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:
13 hours ago, BMcP said:

Um......Tannehill didnt "win" that game. HENRY did. Tanny only needed to throw 19 times with 181 passing yards....yes he had 2 touchdown passes but that was because the chiefs couldnt stop Henry and focused on him. Tanny is still TRASH and would be Trash without Henry. The Titans would 100000000% kick Tanny to the curb for Tom Brady. Brady CAN win you a game, Tanny can't. C'Mon Man!

25 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Um......Tannehill didnt "win" that game. HENRY did. Tanny only needed to throw 19 times with 181 passing yards....yes he had 2 touchdown passes but that was because the chiefs couldnt stop Henry and focused on him. Tanny is still TRASH and would be Trash without Henry. The Titans would 100000000% kick Tanny to the curb for Tom Brady. Brady CAN win you a game, Tanny can't. C'Mon Man!

Yeah, I didn't realize 13-19 for 181 and 2 td was "winning the game"? Tannehill was a game manager not asked to do much while Derrick Henry put the offense on his back every week.

Tannehill did a great job for what he was asked to do though. I think we should keep that clear. But to say Tannehill > Brady or that Tannehill was the won winning games for TN....come on now lol.

Edited by ThreadKiller

"Well, I would love to know where I’m going to be living this year, but I don’t know that yet,” she revealed. “But hopefully somewhere nice. And [wherever] my husband is happy playing. So we will see.” ~Gisselle

Welp.....looks like Tennessee is out of the question....she wants somewhere nice...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

"Well, I would love to know where I’m going to be living this year, but I don’t know that yet,” she revealed. “But hopefully somewhere nice. And [wherever] my husband is happy playing. So we will see.” ~Gisselle

Welp.....looks like Tennessee is out of the question....she wants somewhere nice...

The more I think about it, the more I think TN makes sense to go after Tom. They are a QB away from doing some big things. You can't win in today's NFL landscape with a QB like Tannehill. At some point, your QB has to be able to put the team on his back. Brady isn't who he once was, but with the right pieces around him, he ABSOLUTELY can do that. Tannehill has never done that. I would nearly guarantee that TN would jump at the opportunity to move on from Tannehill and roll with Brady...

I think It's going to come down to whether or not BB wants 12 back...IMO, Brady is looking for COMMITMENT. This has nothing to do with money and it has little to do with seeing what weapons the Pats surround him with first. I bet if Bill said to Brady "Here is a legitimate 2 year contract (rather than year to year) to take you to 45 (which is the age he wants to play until), he would sign tomorrow. The question though, is that what's in the best interest of the New England Patriots and the rest of their team that needs rebuilding/replenishing? While it's not about money with 12, he's obviously not playing for free lol. Add that to the fact that the cap hit has nearly 7 mil added to it because of the way things have been structured going year to year and I'm not so sure they can replenish the entire team sufficiently while also bringing Brady back. I obviously want him back, but we will see how it unfolds.

Edited by ThreadKiller
21 hours ago, ThreadKiller said:

You sure about that?

Agreed.  The answer is Tannehill all the way.

• Haha 1

If Brady were still an effective game manager?  Big improvement over what he actually is now.  He lost in Foxboro to the fricking Fitzmagic Dolphins in a must win week 17.  He went .500 down the stretch and lost to every real team on the schedule.  

• Like 1
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Tom Brady 2020 Outlook