NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A moment of your time sir please fill out this form!

Posted Images

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

Tommy Boy is going to learn how to manage taking hits from NFC defenses regularly behind that awful Bucs o-line   

2019 SACKS:

Jameis Winston  - 47

Tom Brady  -27

😜

Most of those are on Winston. They have a fairly decent pass blocking line.

Wonder where Winston goes now.

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

This is the other side of the Brady legacy that none of the fanboys acknowledge.

He had great defenses that gave him a chance to win games. 😉

Because he never sucked all the dollars out of the team trying to be the highest-paid QB. If Peyton was unselfish like Tom, he’d have more rings.

1 minute ago, devaster said:

Winston is likely out in the cold.  Hoping to be 2020's Ryan Tannehill.  That's his ceiling...

3 minutes ago, devaster said:

My speculation he becomes backup in jacksonville, Miami or the Chargers.

1 hour ago, devaster said:

22nd ranked pass-blocking line and around the same in Adjusted Sack Rate, per FO.  Not seeing how this is a decent pass-blocking unit.

Edited by BMcP

Separating Brady and BB should be the most fascinating thought experiment in the NFL over the past two decades.

I think anyone who knows how this goes is FOS.

The Bucs have the pieces to have a competent offense.

The Pats have yet to make their QB move.

I really have no idea how this will work out and I don't believe anyone who says they do.

• Like 1

It happens to all the greatest... Johnny Unitas.  Joe Namath.  Joe Montana.  Brett Favre.  

Never a Pats fan but I wish Brady the best of luck.  Still can't believe the Pats and Kraft let him go.  The NFL is a business.  No loyalty.  Once your usefulness is done, you're out the door without a second thought.

1 minute ago, sSektor said:

If AB goes there is that the most loaded WR trio in history?

It may be time to let the AB Dream die a long-awaited death

• Like 1
2 hours ago, paulwall29 said:

My best guess is that he is choosing Tampa because of the receiving weapons and because he wants to work with a player friendly coach that will let him air it out and have more control over the offense. Will be very interesting to see him playing for a coach and team that couldn't be more different than the pats. Also, where in the F is Jameis going to end up? Would the Bears dare torture their fans further by replacing TruBUSTsky with Famous Jameis??? And it's a mortal lock that Brissett ends up back in New England.

I think he's choosing it because nobody really wants him at the dollar figure he is commanding and he doesn't have many options. Let's be real, TB12 is not a hot commodity at this point in his career. If he wanted to play for a dollar figure commensurate with his on field value, he'd still be a Patriot.

As a football fan in general and as a fantasy geek this was the outcome I was hoping for most. The receiver talent and offensive coaching in Tampa is rich. I'm excited to see the Brady/Arians offense subtracting about 20 INTs.

3 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

I think he's choosing it because nobody really wants him at the dollar figure he is commanding and he doesn't have many options. Let's be real, TB12 is not a hot commodity at this point in his career. If he wanted to play for a dollar figure commensurate with his on field value, he'd still be a Patriot.

lol... I understand hating on Tom but get real man.
If Phillip Rivers was given a one year 25 MILLION. Drew Brees got a two year 50 MILLION, what do you think Tom Brady is worth? I sure think Tom is better then those two... 

Explain 

8 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

lol... I understand hating on Tom but get real man.
If Phillip Rivers was given a one year 25 MILLION. Drew Brees got a two year 50 MILLION, what do you think Tom Brady is worth? I sure think Tom is better then those two... 

Explain 

I’ll jump in - the Patriots apparently never made him an offer this off-season.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2881525-report-tom-brady-seriously-considered-leaving-patriots-camp-due-to-contract.amp.html

• Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Except multiple teams did want him. The Bucs, Chargers, Raiders, Niners and Titans all expressed interest in him. Hence him having the single biggest impact on the QB free agent market and multiple teams admitting they were waiting to see where the dust settled with him.

1 hour ago, BMcP said:

22nd ranked pass-blocking line and around the same in Adjusted Sack Rate, per FO.  Not seeing how this is a decent pass-blocking unit.

I think a lot of that was on the decision making ability of jameis... Idk i think they might look better under a brady with his quick release, preference for short routes and high decision making ability. The defense will probably look better as well, when the offense isn't giving up 4 picks a game 

• Like 2

Humphries FTW WR3 (probably 2 all said and done - likely still worth it). All in as well on the TE duo. Evans/Perriman will be dueling banjos on the outside week to week i.e. inconsistent but hitting big. Evans likely takes the biggest theoretical hit - just my speculation.

• tonycpsu changed the title to Tom Brady 2020 Outlook