NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dalton's ok I guess.  He was a good friend to AJ.  If you want "perfectly adequate bridge to the future" he seems like your guy.

If I were them, in light of this new post Brady world, I'd rather rise or tank with Stidham, or being in someone who has shown they can be better than that.  Just my .02.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A moment of your time sir please fill out this form!

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Dalton's ok I guess.  He was a good friend to AJ.  If you want "perfectly adequate bridge to the future" he seems like your guy.

Bridgewater is a perfectly adequate bridge to the future

you can get legitimate pro bowl seasons from red rocket if you surround him with an o-line and a good OC

I'm not saying he's great, but he's very underrated. I mean, we have dashoe saying Brissett is better, when Brisset's best season he sports an 88 qb rating, which is only .5 higher than the ginger's career qb rating. And that includes Dalton's crappy 14, 17, and 19 seasons

Edited by Chippa
Just now, Chippa said:

Brisset has a career 59.9% completion percentage. Dalton has a 62% completion percentage

Brisset's career qb rating is 84.6. Dalton's is 87.5

you know, the numbers disagee with your "convictions"

Sorry mate but your  2 metrics without any context does not tell me who is the "better" QB

Andy has been in the league 9yrs as a starter made the playofffs 4x and knocked out in rd1 4x and Brisset has 2yrs as a starter always viewed as the Luck insurance. 

There is data that has to be analyzed with context for me to determine who is the "better" QB in 2020, because that is what is relevant; which guy is the better QB in 2020.

I currently dont have an opinion but you obviously do based on your QB rating and completion %.

I'm not even sure why you are seeking a debate with me when I stated I don't have conviction as to who is the better QB which means I am indifferent at this point 🤣

1 minute ago, Chippa said:

you can get legitimate pro bowl seasons from red rocket if you surround him with an o-line and a good OC

And AJ Green in his prime.

Look I know you love the guy...but I don't think I'm alone in saying he looks to me like a guy who was serviceable in a vacuum and largely buttressed by a generational talent at WR.  Which the Patriots do not have.

Bridgewater is a perfectly adequate bridge to the future

I'm not saying he's great, but he's very underrated.

I mean, we have dashoe saying Brissett is better,

when Brisset's best season he sports an 88 qb rating, which is only .5 higher than the ginger's career qb rating. And that includes Dalton's crappy 14, 17, and 19 seasons

Why would you lie? I never stated one was better than the other. I stated that I can see how one can have an opinion for either of them.

Seriously you don't need to lie to support your opinions or if you made an honest mistake then you should take remedial reading comprehension courses.🤣

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

Sorry mate but your  2 metrics without any context does not tell me who is the "better" QB

Andy has been in the league 9yrs as a starter made the playofffs 4x and knocked out in rd1 4x and Brisset has 2yrs as a starter always viewed as the Luck insurance. 

There is data that has to be analyzed with context for me to determine who is the "better" QB in 2020, because that is what is relevant; which guy is the better QB in 2020.

I currently dont have an opinion but you obviously do based on your QB rating and completion %.

I'm not even sure why you are seeking a debate with me when I stated I don't have conviction as to who is the better QB which means I am indifferent at this point 🤣

he's made the playoffs 5 times. And referencing his lack of playoff success is hilarious when you defend Lamar Jackson like you're his mommy. 

oh, and you said

"You are correct I am not that dude. I'm honest with my opinions and convictions.

I won't state one player is better than the other if i don't have that conviction."

And you stated that Brisset is better. So why are you talking out of both holes? You slow or something?

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

And AJ Green in his prime.

Look I know you love the guy...but I don't think I'm alone in saying he looks to me like a guy who was serviceable in a vacuum and largely buttressed by a generational talent at WR.  Which the Patriots do not have.

Dalton's underrated so that means I love the guy

Guess I love Kirk Cousins and Phillip rivers too since I think  those guys are both good-great quarterbacks. You dont discount Matt ryan for having Julio, or Watson for having Hopkins, so why discount Dalton?

3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Why would you lie? I never stated one was better than the other. I stated that I can see how one can have an opinion for either of them.

Seriously you don't need to lie to support your opinions or if you made an honest mistake then you should take remedial reading comprehension courses.🤣

"I wouldnt say Dalton is better"

you said it. Quit acting foolish. 

Just now, Chippa said:

Dalton's underrated so that means I love the guy

Guess I love Kirk Cousins and Phillip rivers too since I think  those guys are both good-great quarterbacks. You dont discount Matt ryan for having Julio, or Watson for having Hopkins, so why discount Dalton?

I absolutely have a similar opinion of Ryan/Julio.

Just now, Chippa said:

he's made the playoffs 5 times. And referencing his lack of playoff success is hilarious when you defend Lamar Jackson like you're his mommy. 

oh, and you said

"You are correct I am not that dude. I'm honest with my opinions and convictions.

I won't state one player is better than the other if i don't have that conviction."

And you stated that Brisset is better. So why are you talking out of both holes? You slow or something?

Wow you really do lack reading comprehension skills. I said Brisset was a better "fit" for NE not that he was a better QB than Dalton.

What is it with guys like you bringing up posts from other threads that clearly you are traumatized by dues to bruised egos? Do you keep a log of this stuff?😂

Just now, JE7HorseGod said:

I absolutely have a similar opinion of Ryan/Julio.

you'll have a similar opinion of Watson too if the first round receiver they draft doesnt live up to snuff

Just now, Chippa said:

you'll have a similar opinion of Watson too if the first round receiver they draft doesnt live up to snuff

Maybe so.

But I've seen what Cam can do with terrible options at WR.  So if he's healthy I prefer him given the scenario.

29 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I think the operative word was "fit" not "better".

I also wouldnt say Dalton is better, I can see arguments for either being viewed as better than the other

hmmm so what are these arguments you speak of? Brisset's a better fit? I guess I can buy that. But give me an argument as to why Jacoby is better.

"I wouldnt say Dalton is better"

you said it. Quit acting foolish. 

if you are going to quote then quote the entire post?  Once again context is key, something you clearly dont understand.

Also  learn the use of language. One not being better could mean they are similar or equal too. 🤣

You are hilarious, I am now prepared for you to turn this topic into a 40 post retort over the next month or 2  🤣

hmmm so what are these arguments you speak of? Brisset's a better fit? I guess I can buy that. But give me an argument as to why Jacoby is better.

See context is a beautiful thing. Thank you for showing that I never stated Brisset was a better QB than Dalton. Now post what I said about I don't have a view on either one being better than the other. 

i think you don't understand what you read before you respond 😂

Just now, dashoe said:

See context is a beautiful thing. Thank you for showing that I never stated Brisset was a better QB than Dalton. Now post what I said about I don't have a view on either one being better than the other. 

i think you don't understand what you read before you respond 😂

I said Dalton is better than Brisset. Then you said "I also wouldnt say Dalton is better", so what do you mean? We're talking about Dalton vs Brisset here. So if you say "I wouldnt say Dalton is better", well that means you think Brisset is the better quarterback of the 2.

Now keep spamming laughing emojis because you never make good points

• Thanks 1
Just now, Chippa said:

I said Dalton is better than Brisset. Then you said "I also wouldnt say Dalton is better", so what do you mean? We're talking about Dalton vs Brisset here. So if you say "I wouldnt say Dalton is better", well that means you think Brisset is the better quarterback of the 2.

Now keep spamming laughing emojis because you never make good points

reading_is_fundamental_6_10.jpg

58 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Brisset is a better fit than Dalton and I dont even know why people are placing Cam in the conversation

56 minutes ago, Chippa said:

why? because he played there before? I think most logical people know Dalton is better than Brissett. Jacoby's just been surrounded by better coaching and offensive lines the last couple of years. 

The plus side with Brisset is that he would be cheaper than Andy, I presume. I see the positives there, but I know Dalton is a better qb

46 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I think the operative word was "fit" not "better".

I also wouldnt say Dalton is better, I can see arguments for either being viewed as better than the other

44 minutes ago, Chippa said:

I figured you wouldnt, dashoe. You seem like that type of dude

39 minutes ago, dashoe said:

You are correct I am not that dude. I'm honest with my opinions and convictions.

I won't state one player is better than the other if i don't have that conviction. 

That would be silly and dishonest 🤣

And then you say

27 minutes ago, dashoe said:

jesus, my man. Keep laughing and deflecting. You keep burying yourself time and time again

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Dudes chill out man .. lets get back on topic 

Chippa likes to engage in posting as if it is a blood sport; I like having fun watching him bleed with each post 🤣

What is Tampa going to do about the O-line?  Right now it looks sub-average - just as it was in 2019.  I have to imagine that becomes the top priority for them now in FA/draft.

9 minutes ago, BMcP said:

What is Tampa going to do about the O-line?  Right now it looks sub-average - just as it was in 2019.  I have to imagine that becomes the top priority for them now in FA/draft.

That's a part of the great thought experiment I think.

Did NE have great pass protectors, or did they just look that way because of Brady?

• Thanks 1
Just now, JE7HorseGod said:

That's a part of the great thought experiment I think.

Did NE have great pass protectors, or did they just look that way because of Brady?

usually, yes. 2019 they didnt. Werent they working with a back up center and Marshall Newhouse at left tackle? That's horrendous. 

The patriots have great coaches. They can scheme around bad o-linemen. Shorter drop backs from Brady, shorter routes, more dump offs, etc. 

He's a total system guy. BUT I believe the bucs will shore up the o-line, and with Godwin and Evans as his 1 and 2, and Arians as the coach, Brady will put up good numbers. 

• tonycpsu changed the title to Tom Brady 2020 Outlook
  • tonycpsu locked this topic