NBC Sports Edge Forums

45 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

If Brady were still an effective game manager?  Big improvement over what he actually is now.  He lost in Foxboro to the fricking Fitzmagic Dolphins in a must win week 17.  He went .500 down the stretch and lost to every real team on the schedule.  

Blah blah and one more Blah 

Yea we get IT. 

When the Patriots win it’s because of Bill 

When the Patriots lose it’s because of Tom 

Edited by shakestreet
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A moment of your time sir please fill out this form!

Posted Images

2 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

If Brady were still an effective game manager?  Big improvement over what he actually is now.  He lost in Foxboro to the fricking Fitzmagic Dolphins in a must win week 17.  He went .500 down the stretch and lost to every real team on the schedule.  

Right, it was all him and football isn't a team sport. It was Tom Brady alone vs Miami Dolphins. The more you post (aka troll), the sillier your posts become.

Edited by ThreadKiller
20 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

HENRY won it. I don’t even remember tanny

Right.  It was all him because football isn’t a team sport and Tanny’s literally best-in-football PA passing didn’t perfectly complement Henry’s dominance on the ground.

18 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Right.  It was all him because football isn’t a team sport and Tanny’s literally best-in-football PA passing didn’t perfectly complement Henry’s dominance on the ground.

As we've said, Tannehill did a great job doing what he was asked to do which was manage the game, not make mistakes and allow the offense to run through the ground game.

Tannehill did those things very well, but those are not the same as putting a team on his back and Tannehill being the one to go out and "win the game". Because that simply didn't happen.

If you, or anyone else in here has a 2 minute drill to come back and win the game, and you prefer Ryan Tannehill over Tom Brady given the exact same surrounding cast, then the debate ends there and isn't even worth conversing about lol.

EDIT: Also, your sarcastic mentioning that football is a team game is interesting to me from what I continue to see littered throughout these annoying threads. Brady is criticized by many in here for not playing up to his standards despite having literally nothing to work with in a TEAM GAME (most fail to acknowledge this), yet Tannehill is defended when criticized for not putting the team on his back and it being a team sport? Seems a bit hypocritical to me.

Brady haters: "Brady sucks!"

Brady apologists: "He had nothing to work with and he's the one who directly lost the games. I won't acknowledge that he had little surrounding him in the way of talent."

Brady haters: "Tannehill is awesome and can win the game for you much better than Brady can."

Brady apologists: "Huh? Tannehill didn't do anything to win any games on his own since he was a game manager. That offense ran through Derrick Henry."

Brady haters: "It's a team game!"

HAHAHAHAHAH ok?

Edited by ThreadKiller
42 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

EDIT: Also, your sarcastic mentioning that football is a team game is interesting to me from what I continue to see littered throughout these annoying threads. Brady is criticized by many in here for not playing up to his standards despite having literally nothing to work with in a TEAM GAME (most fail to acknowledge this), yet Tannehill is defended when criticized for not putting the team on his back and it being a team sport? Seems a bit hypocritical to me.

Brady haters: "Brady sucks!"

Brady apologists: "He had nothing to work with and he's the one who directly lost the games. I won't acknowledge that he had little surrounding him in the way of talent."

Brady haters: "Tannehill is awesome and can win the game for you much better than Brady can."

Brady apologists: "Huh? Tannehill didn't do anything to win any games on his own since he was a game manager. That offense ran through Derrick Henry."

Brady haters: "It's a team game!"

HAHAHAHAHAH ok?

If these threads annoy you so much, why do you continue to read them?  You’d probably feel far more comfortable in a Patriots fan forum devoid of all of these “haters” you rail against on a near-daily basis.  No haters, just “apologists.”

Edited by BMcP
2 hours ago, cashvillesent said:

There is no way Brady comes to Tennessee.

If anything he will probably go to an LA team.

I also think he’s going to pass up better teams in Ten and Tampa Bay due to location. Tampa would be the most stacked receiving cast he would ever play. Ten would be the best RB and what looks to be a future monster in AJB. 

4 hours ago, ThreadKiller said:

Right, it was all him and football isn't a team sport. It was Tom Brady alone vs Miami Dolphins. The more you post (aka troll), the sillier your posts become.

I think you really love this thread, thats why you keep coming and commenting, and than spending your last 4 posts bashing this thread.

Lol. Classic dweeb.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Um......Tannehill didnt "win" that game. HENRY did. Tanny only needed to throw 19 times with 181 passing yards....yes he had 2 touchdown passes but that was because the chiefs couldnt stop Henry and focused on him. Tanny is still TRASH and would be Trash without Henry. The Titans would 100000000% kick Tanny to the curb for Tom Brady. Brady CAN win you a game, Tanny can't. C'Mon Man!

Um yeah he did win that game vs KC. He threw a TD pass to Humphries up the middle with .33 seconds left in the 4th.

Tanny was much better in TN than he ever was with Miami. And thats only because Miami is asscheeks and never had an oline built around Tannehill

1 hour ago, cashvillesent said:

Um yeah he did win that game vs KC. He threw a TD pass to Humphries up the middle with .33 seconds left in the 4th.

Tanny was much better in TN than he ever was with Miami. And thats only because Miami is asscheeks and never had an oline built around Tannehill

When opposing defenses sell out to stop the run thats expected i guess.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, sSektor said:

Other than OMF it’s been kinda meh since psycho Kirki left. But f--- Boston sports radio.

It's only tolerable when the teams aren't winning. The most biased, arrogant clowns alive when any team is. Plus they insist on pushing the only political agenda aloud on mass media outlets. When sports are slow it gets bad. Boomer and Gio is tough to listen to because of this but the rest of the WFAN is good sports talk even after the major sports are basically gone after the Super Bowl.

To keep it Brady related........He ain't going anywhere. They haven't talked because they have all year. Not a difficult concept. They are creating buzz for the NFL. The "GOAT" leaving his dynasty?! Where could he go? He's selling his house?What about his brand? The NFL needs attention? Look over here.

Edited by this guy right here
18 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Blah blah and one more Blah 

Yea we get IT. 

When the Patriots win it’s because of Bill 

When the Patriots lose it’s because of Tom 

You phrased that well.

32 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

To keep it Brady related........He ain't going anywhere. They haven't talked because they have all year. Not a difficult concept. They are creating buzz for the NFL. The "GOAT" leaving his dynasty?! Where could he go? He's selling his house?What about his brand? The NFL needs attention? Look over here.

Pretty obvious to me that Brady 1) will no longer take a "home town" discount; and 2) wants more say in how the offense is run and personnel decisions.

I am reading between the lines of all of his offseason quotes.  Kraft is all for it.  But Belichick runs the football operation.  Do those sound like items that fit into Belichick's team building philosophy?  Overpaying for a declining player based on past performance?  Making player moves to mollify one guy?  Uh...

Brady is all but gone, and it is a pity for those of us who revel in Patriot failure.  

But my question to you sycophants is this: if Brady does play for a new team in 2020, will your hearts follow your golden boy or will you stay Patriot fans with the new quarterback?

16 hours ago, BMcP said:

If these threads annoy you so much, why do you continue to read them?  You’d probably feel far more comfortable in a Patriots fan forum devoid of all of these “haters” you rail against on a near-daily basis.  No haters, just “apologists.”

Because I’m interested in taking football. You, in addition to some of the others make a lot of great points after sifting through the intentional, biased Patriots hating.

Edited by ThreadKiller
  • Like 2
13 hours ago, cashvillesent said:

I think you really love this thread, thats why you keep coming and commenting, and than spending your last 4 posts bashing this thread.

Lol. Classic dweeb.

You calling someone a dweeb is fascinating as you hide in your basement spending your life hating on a sports team on the internet with strangers.

lol

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Pretty obvious to me that Brady 1) will no longer take a "home town" discount; and 2) wants more say in how the offense is run and personnel decisions.

I am reading between the lines of all of his offseason quotes.  Kraft is all for it.  But Belichick runs the football operation.  Do those sound like items that fit into Belichick's team building philosophy?  Overpaying for a declining player based on past performance?  Making player moves to mollify one guy?  Uh...

Brady is all but gone, and it is a pity for those of us who revel in Patriot failure.  

But my question to you sycophants is this: if Brady does play for a new team in 2020, will your hearts follow your golden boy or will you stay Patriot fans with the new quarterback?

I have a similar question to all you Brady/Pats illogical haters. If Brady leaves, are you going to find new hobbies besides spending your days (every day) on the internet talking negatively about a sports team and their fans more often than about a team you actually root for? Or are you going to continue with your favorite irrational hobby?

1 hour ago, ThreadKiller said:

I have a similar question to all you Brady/Pats illogical haters. If Brady leaves, are you going to find new hobbies besides spending your days (every day) on the internet talking negatively about a sports team and their fans more often than about a team you actually root for? Or are you going to continue with your favorite irrational hobby?

I am pretty confident I will be able to continue to hate the Patriots with their (ongoing) cheating ways, yet still glory in every pick, sack, and pouty face Tommy puts up for his new team.

Brady is pretty irrelevant for fantasy in most leagues, since he is no longer top 12 material.  If he goes to a team with good deep threat receivers, I will be bumping those receivers down my board.  I don't have much faith that Brady will be able to hit them downfield with his noodle arm.

Edited by SharkSwimmer
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I'm a Giants fan. Don't deny he is good but always thought he got WAY too much credit for the teams success. Especially at first. His first three championships his role was to not screw up enough to prevent the defense from carrying the team through. Brady's "game winning drives" were getting just enough for Vinatieri to knock down clutch game winning 45 yard+ field goals every playoff game. No one knows who Brady is as they would've went right back to Bledsoe if not for Vinatieri that first playoff run.

Edited by this guy right here
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, this guy right here said:

I'm a Giants fan. Don't deny he is good but always thought he got WAY too much credit for the teams success. Especially at first. His first three championships his role was to not screw up enough to prevent the defense from carrying the team through. Brady's "game winning drives" were getting just enough for Vinatieri to knock down clutch game winning 45 yard+ field goals every playoff game. No one knows who Brady is as they would've went right back to Bledsoe if not for Vinatieri that first playoff run.

Another guy that dont know what hes talking about.

• Like 1

Tannehill pretty clearly outplayed Brady last season basically across the board - and won’t cost as much to sign on a per-year basis.  One of the main reasons suggesting the Titans don’t sign Brady is a point that I don’t believe has been touched upon: it would force the Titans to go back to the drawing board in finding their QB of the future, as that would assuredly mean losing Tannehill (and Mariota is not the answer).  Plus, I really don’t see how the Titans’ offensive weapons represent enough of an upgrade to entice Brady: apart from a blazing-hot stretch of the season, AJ Brown was fairly quiet.  Humphries is a clear downgrade from Edelman in the slot.  Corey Davis has been a massive bust.  And with the likely departure of Lewis, you don’t have a back on the roster to throw to - which is a huge step back from having White as one of your most dependable receivers.

• Thanks 1
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Tom Brady 2020 Outlook