NBC Sports Edge Forums

4 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I am pretty confident I will be able to continue to hate the Patriots with their (ongoing) cheating ways, yet still glory in every pick, sack, and pouty face Tommy puts up for his new team.

Brady is pretty irrelevant for fantasy in most leagues, since he is no longer top 12 material.  If he goes to a team with good deep threat receivers, I will be bumping those receivers down my board.  I don't have much faith that Brady will be able to hit them downfield with his noodle arm.

Such a strange dude 😂.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A moment of your time sir please fill out this form!

Posted Images

1 hour ago, BMcP said:

Tannehill pretty clearly outplayed Brady last season basically across the board - and won’t cost as much to sign on a per-year basis.  One of the main reasons suggesting the Titans don’t sign Brady is a point that I don’t believe has been touched upon: it would force the Titans to go back to the drawing board in finding their QB of the future, as that would assuredly mean losing Tannehill (and Mariota is not the answer).  Plus, I really don’t see how the Titans’ offensive weapons represent enough of an upgrade to entice Brady: apart from a blazing-hot stretch of the season, AJ Brown was fairly quiet.  Humphries is a clear downgrade from Edelman in the slot.  Corey Davis has been a massive bust.  And with the likely departure of Lewis, you don’t have a back on the roster to throw to - which is a huge step back from having White as one of your most dependable receivers.

One of the mistakes many people make is trying to compare situations as if it’s black and white, or apples to apples.

Comparing how Tannehill played with one supporting cast to how Brady played with a different supporting cast and then making a definitive statement that Tannehill is the better option (as if they then had the same supporting cast) makes literally no sense.

I strongly doubt Tannehill would’ve outplayed Tom Brady if they had the exact same supporting cast last year. Obviously no one can prove this, but the one thing that is proven is that the only ones who disagree are the ones with a daily agenda to discredit and hate on anything Patriots or Tom Brady related. Since that’s the case, OPINIONS are to be taken with a HUGE grain of salt.

AJ Brown, Humphries, Davis, Smith is an obvious upgrade to 34 year old Edelman, Sanu, Harry, no TE.

Davis has been a bust with Mariota as his primary QB. So we’re going to admit Mariota sucks but also blame Davis for not getting it done with Mariota as his QB? Can’t really have it both ways. I’d be interested to see what Davis can do with an actual QB.

Edited by ThreadKiller
6 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

One of the mistakes many people make is trying to compare situations as if it’s black and white, or apples to apples.

Comparing how Tannehill played with one supporting cast to how Brady played with a different supporting cast and then making a definitive statement that Tannehill is the better option (as if they then had the same supporting cast) makes literally no sense.

I agree - there is no way of definitively stating one would have been better than the other given differing team scenarios.  But it is a fact that Tannehill outproduced Brady this past season - and really outperformed most of the league in a variety of respects.

I’d be more interested in hearing any opinions on whether Brady would feel like TEN offered enough of a weapons upgrade (if any at all) to satisfy Brady’s wishes.

3 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Another guy that dont know what hes talking about.

Here you have my claims: Don't deny he is good but always thought he got WAY too much credit for the teams success. Especially at first. His first three championships his role was to not screw up enough to prevent the defense from carrying the team through. Brady's "game winning drives" were getting just enough for Vinatieri to knock down clutch game winning 45 yard+ field goals every playoff game. No one knows who Brady is as they would've went right back to Bledsoe if not for Vinatieri that first playoff run.

Backed by historical fact.

Brady's regular season stats 2001, 2003, 2004 have top 10. AKA 10th best.

2001 playoffs, during a blizzard, Vinatieri kicked a 45-yard field goal into a swirling winter wind to tie the game 13–13 and send it into overtime. The Patriots won the game on another field goal of 23 yards by Vinatieri. Brady 312 0TD 1INT

Next game they beat the Steelers 24-17. Brady has 115yd 0TD

In Super Bowl XXXVI that season, Vinatieri kicked a 48-yard field goal on the final play to give the New England Patriots their first Super Bowl victory

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2003 season  Divisional Round - Tennessee Titans at New England Patriots -

Brady 201yd 1TD

4 4:06 Patriots Adam Vinatieri 46 yard field goal 14 17

Next game beat Colts 24-14 Brady has 237yds 1TD 1INT

Super Bowl he had good numbers 354yds 3TD 1INT but needed

an almost identical situation as his first SB, Vinateri kicking a 41-yard field goal with four seconds left.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2004 Season Divisional Round - Indianapolis Colts at New England Patriots

Beat Colts 20-3 Brady 144yrd 1TD Defense wins it

Beat Steelers 41-27 Brady 207yrd 2TD...not bad...not the reason they won

Super Bowl beat the Eagles 24-21 Brady 236yrd 2TD he had a good game. could make the argument he won it but it was the defense forcing 4 TOs

Edited by this guy right here
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, BMcP said:

I’d be more interested in hearing any opinions on whether Brady would feel like TEN offered enough of a weapons upgrade (if any at all) to satisfy Brady’s wishes.

Henry, AJB, Davis, Humphries, and Jonnu Smith is far better than what Brady had to work with this past season so he would probably consider it enough of a weapons upgrade. Vrabel would also probably give him free reign over the offense. Tennesse is nearly perfect unless Brady is really valuing location. If he is valuing weapons above all else then it has to be between Titans or Bucs.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Henry, AJB, Davis, Humphries, and Jonnu Smith is far better than what Brady had to work with this past season so he would probably consider it enough of a weapons upgrade. Vrabel would also probably give him free reign over the offense. Tennesse is nearly perfect unless Brady is really valuing location. If he is valuing weapons above all else then it has to be between Titans or Bucs.

Really - why not Chargers, with Allen, Williams, Henry and Gordon (and/or Ekeler)?  

I also cannot agree with the notion that the Titans pass-catchers are far better than those Brady worked with in 2019.  I’m open to persuasion, though.

14 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I also cannot agree with the notion that the Titans pass-catchers are far better than those Brady worked with in 2019.

Um what? Edelman was the only noteworthy pass catcher on the Pats and he's 33. Harry was injured half the season and couldn't get separation to save his life when he returned. Dorsett was also incapable of getting separation after Gordon was released. White and Sony combined were far less effective than Henry. Pats TE position is as close to nonexistent as it can get right now.

How are they even remotely comparable?

1 minute ago, sSektor said:

Um what? Edelman was the only noteworthy pass catcher on the Pats and he's 33. Harry was injured half the season and couldn't get separation to save his life when he returned. Dorsett was also incapable of getting separation after Gordon was released. White and Sony combined were far less effective than Henry. Pats TE position is as close to nonexistent as it can get right now.

How are they even remotely comparable?

I’ll start with the easiest example - Sony and White were (again) “far” less effective than Henry in the passing game?!  I don’t believe you meant to say that, so I’ll move on.

Brady barely worked with Harry.  Not sure it’s relevant to my question, but I will point out he hardly any chance to realize his potential.  He worked much more with Sanu, who had assembled an impressive resume during his time in Atlanta.

Edelman is still hands-down the best slot WR in the league - Humphries is solid but inferior.

Maybe you’re talking about Jonnu Smith over X Patriots TE?  Has to be an upgrade.

At this point, Corey Davis has done little to show he’s any better or worse than the likes of a Dorsett.

Yes, I’m saying they are most assuredly comparable situations.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, BMcP said:

Really - why not Chargers, with Allen, Williams, Henry and Gordon (and/or Ekeler)?  

I also cannot agree with the notion that the Titans pass-catchers are far better than those Brady worked with in 2019.  I’m open to persuasion, though.

how about 9ers? Jimmy G can be his backup again. 
9ers would have beat Chiefs if Brady was there a few weeks ago.

1 minute ago, MrWannaBee said:

how about 9ers? Jimmy G can be his backup again. 
9ers would have beat Chiefs if Brady was there a few weeks ago.

I don’t see this link at all.  Who knows, anything could happen.  It would be one of the dumbest moves they could do.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, this guy right here said:

Here you have my claims: Don't deny he is good but always thought he got WAY too much credit for the teams success. Especially at first. His first three championships his role was to not screw up enough to prevent the defense from carrying the team through. Brady's "game winning drives" were getting just enough for Vinatieri to knock down clutch game winning 45 yard+ field goals every playoff game. No one knows who Brady is as they would've went right back to Bledsoe if not for Vinatieri that first playoff run.

Backed by historical fact.

Brady's regular season stats 2001, 2003, 2004 have top 10. AKA 10th best.

2001 playoffs, during a blizzard, Vinatieri kicked a 45-yard field goal into a swirling winter wind to tie the game 13–13 and send it into overtime. The Patriots won the game on another field goal of 23 yards by Vinatieri. Brady 312 0TD 1INT

Next game they beat the Steelers 24-17. Brady has 115yd 0TD

In Super Bowl XXXVI that season, Vinatieri kicked a 48-yard field goal on the final play to give the New England Patriots their first Super Bowl victory

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2003 season  Divisional Round - Tennessee Titans at New England Patriots -

Brady 201yd 1TD

4 4:06 Patriots Adam Vinatieri 46 yard field goal 14 17

Next game beat Colts 24-14 Brady has 237yds 1TD 1INT

Super Bowl he had good numbers 354yds 3TD 1INT but needed

an almost identical situation as his first SB, Vinateri kicking a 41-yard field goal with four seconds left.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2004 Season Divisional Round - Indianapolis Colts at New England Patriots

Beat Colts 20-3 Brady 144yrd 1TD Defense wins it

Beat Steelers 41-27 Brady 207yrd 2TD...not bad...not the reason they won

Super Bowl beat the Eagles 24-21 Brady 236yrd 2TD he had a good game. could make the argument he won it but it was the defense forcing 4 TOs

Maybe he didn't need to throw for eye popping numbers because they were comfortably ahead 🤨 

He threw for 312 yards in a blizzard and you are saying he had a bad game? Seriously?  you forgetting he had a rushing TD in this game as well

• Like 1
10 hours ago, hockeyfan77 said:

Maybe he didn't need to throw for eye popping numbers because they were comfortably ahead 🤨 

He threw for 312 yards in a blizzard and you are saying he had a bad game? Seriously?  you forgetting he had a rushing TD in this game as well

Never said he was horrible. You fan boys are so hard for this dude logic and fact just can't be accepted. Never said they'd win without him. Never said he didn't help them win. Just said...HE GOT TOO MUCH CREDIT IN THE EARLY YEARS. They were a defensive team. He was a game manager. PERIOD. Without possibly the most clutch kick in NFL history they lose. Without one of the most controversial calls in history they lose. Without a great defense they lose. (Peyton Manning carried his team. In the end they lost because of the rest of the team. COMPLETE OPPOSITE of Brady's situation) Without another clutch field goal he has TWO less Super Bowls. You see, you guys haven't been on the end of your kicker MISSING those attempts to win they game that leaves YOUR 'QB' from getting SB wins that are used to validate greatness. Many QBs would have more SB wins if not for clutch kicks and great defense. They year Brady carried the team to an 18-0 record did they win the SB? NO!.... As a matter of fact, the PATS didn't win SBs when Brady had his best statistical seasons.......HMMMM.......maybe he got too much credit in general. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, this guy right here said:

Never said he was horrible. You fan boys are so hard for this dude logic and fact just can't be accepted. Never said they'd win without him. Never said he didn't help them win. Just said...HE GOT TOO MUCH CREDIT IN THE EARLY YEARS. They were a defensive team. He was a game manager. PERIOD. Without possibly the most clutch kick in NFL history they lose. Without one of the most controversial calls in history they lose. Without a great defense they lose. (Peyton Manning carried his team. In the end they lost because of the rest of the team. COMPLETE OPPOSITE of Brady's situation) Without another clutch field goal he has TWO less Super Bowls. You see, you guys haven't been on the end of your kicker MISSING those attempts to win they game that leaves YOUR 'QB' from getting SB wins that are used to validate greatness. Many QBs would have more SB wins if not for clutch kicks and great defense. They year Brady carried the team to an 18-0 record did they win the SB? NO!.... As a matter of fact, the PATS didn't win SBs when Brady had his best statistical seasons.......HMMMM.......maybe he got too much credit in general. 

Another guy that doesnt want to accept Brady's Greatness in all years. 

I dont think it was a coincidence Patriots started WINNING right when Brady became qb. Bledsoe didnt do Anything with that SAME defense. Your point is Void and null

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

I dont think it was a coincidence Patriots started WINNING right when Brady became qb. Bledsoe didnt do Anything with that SAME defense. Your point is Void and null

Except help lead the Patriots to four playoff appearances, two conference championships, and two SB appearances.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Except help lead the Patriots to four playoff appearances, two conference championships, and two SB appearances.

2 superbowl appearances one of which was when Brady was the starter and won that superbowl and the other appearance when Bledsoe started and was embarressed with 4 picks and lost to Farve. I remember that well.  

Patriots record under Bledsoe= 98-95

Patriots record under Brady= 219-64

what was your point?

• Thanks 1

Any QB could do well under the bellichick system (see matt cassell) but only the greats can make a 20 year dynasty with 6 SB rings from the system. They both created great synergy but if you insert Andy Dalten instead of Brady i doubt you get the same result.

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

didn’t the patriots take Matt cassel and win 10 games? And ain’t the patriots like 17-8 games where Tom Brady doesn’t play?

jimmy G won games for them. Brisset won games for them. Matt cassel who never started a college game won games for them. i don’t think Tom Brady has ever won a super bowl where he didn’t have a top 5 defense either.

Not to mention almost every Super Bowl he won isn’t just because of his greatness but in large due to the other parts of the team’s greatness. He had to have the greatest clutch kicker of all time win some for him. He needed the falcons to continue passing and his defense make incredible stop after stop and turnover after turnover (Hightower is the freaking man) The Seahawks had to throw on the 1 yard line and the defense made another great play. The defense held the rams to season lows in yards and points while Tom sucked it up for a whole game. Oh and he lost a few super bowls to lesser teams. Despite all that he’s still epically great to me but I can recognize that maybe he isn’t the GOAT To some ppl.

but a guy like joe Montana never lost a super bowl never even threw and interception in 4 Super Bowls. He also got the hell kicked out of him in the leagues toughest eras and had to beat teams like the 80s bears and giants and eagles with all time great defenses just to get to a Super Bowl. When they needed him to be clutch he had to drive the length of the field and get a touchdown not a field goal aka (the catch). He won super bowls with 2 different coaches and neither one of them were as good as bill bellichick. The first Super Bowl he didn’t have a top defense or Jerry rice. He also had to beat out a few hall of fame lever qbs on the other side of the ball dan Marino John elway ken stabler and mvp of the league boomer esioson (to be fair Brady has beat some good qbs but also some guys that no one will remember) But what truly makes joe great to me is after he was traded to a bad chiefs team the very next year he leads the chiefs to the playoffs and beats the same Super Bowl caliber 49ers led by Steve young. Truly great to me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
38 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

didn’t the patriots take Matt cassel and win 10 games? And ain’t the patriots like 17-8 games where Tom Brady doesn’t play?

jimmy G won games for them. Brisset won games for them. Matt cassel who never started a college game won games for them. i don’t think Tom Brady has ever won a super bowl where he didn’t have a top 5 defense either.

Not to mention almost every Super Bowl he won isn’t just because of his greatness but in large due to the other parts of the team’s greatness. He had to have the greatest clutch kicker of all time win some for him. He needed the falcons to continue passing and his defense make incredible stop after stop and turnover after turnover (Hightower is the freaking man) The Seahawks had to throw on the 1 yard line and the defense made another great play. The defense held the rams to season lows in yards and points while Tom sucked it up for a whole game. Oh and he lost a few super bowls to lesser teams. Despite all that he’s still epically great to me but I can recognize that maybe he isn’t the GOAT To some ppl.

but a guy like joe Montana never lost a super bowl never even threw and interception in 4 Super Bowls. He also got the hell kicked out of him in the leagues toughest eras and had to beat teams like the 80s bears and giants and eagles with all time great defenses just to get to a Super Bowl. When they needed him to be clutch he had to drive the length of the field and get a touchdown not a field goal aka (the catch). He won super bowls with 2 different coaches and neither one of them were as good as bill bellichick. The first Super Bowl he didn’t have a top defense or Jerry rice. He also had to beat out a few hall of fame lever qbs on the other side of the ball dan Marino John elway ken stabler and mvp of the league boomer esioson (to be fair Brady has beat some good qbs but also some guys that no one will remember) But what truly makes joe great to me is after he was traded to a bad chiefs team the very next year he leads the chiefs to the playoffs and beats the same Super Bowl caliber 49ers led by Steve young. Truly great to me. 

Hahahaha

Edited by ThreadKiller
  • Haha 1
50 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

Indeed QB's CAN win under the Greatness of the hoodies system. no doubt. I doubt they can mirror what Brady did for 20YEARS.

ALSO....no QB can diagnose a defense BEFORE the snap and audible like Brady. His football IQ is uncomparable. His CLUTCH is uncomparable.

27 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Indeed QB's CAN win under the Greatness of the hoodies system. no doubt. I doubt they can mirror what Brady did for 20YEARS.

ALSO....no QB can diagnose a defense BEFORE the snap and audible like Brady. His football IQ is uncomparable. His CLUTCH is uncomparable.

It also helps that the Patriots have cheated to steal their opponent's defensive signals.  And been caught for it.  And been punished for it.  And are still doing it.  (Eh Bengals?  Let's just erase that tape, shall we...)

Brady is trying to pretend he has leverage.  Hence the sour face with Fallon when PEDleman said Brady was going to be a Patriot for the 2020 season.  How is Brady going to do when he does not know his opponent's plays ahead of time?

Edited by SharkSwimmer
  • Like 1
47 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Oh for sure they’re both greats that got paired with the perfect player/coach for them you can’t knock him for that but I don’t give him extra points for it either.. still an amazing qb no doubt I will never argue that 

As for playing for 20 years you have to account for the fact the nfl changed a lot of rules for Brady and Manning and today’s qbs in general. Brady tore an ACL and the next year defenses can’t sack a qb In the knees. If Brady was able to get destroyed on a regular basis like Elway or Phil Simms or even 90s qbs he probably doesn’t play this long. but that’s all hypotheticals

58 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Maybe or maybe not. There are certainly guys who were famous for it just like him. Peyton Manning, Rodgers, brees are all some audibling sons a guns. I listen to the Chris Simms podcast (Who worked in New England for a year and knows the offense and the plays and even how to say the play) and he claims that the OC is such a good play caller and the system is so good that Brady might throw 25 passes a game and 21 of them will be first reads. That’s hard to believe but if it’s true it doesn’t seem like Brady is on his own level at all.  

Tom Brady’s clutch is amassed by one man joe “cool” Montana 

3 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

2 superbowl appearances one of which was when Brady was the starter and won that superbowl and the other appearance when Bledsoe started and was embarressed with 4 picks and lost to Farve. I remember that well.  

Patriots record under Bledsoe= 98-95

Patriots record under Brady= 219-64

what was your point?

Happy to help with the reading comp difficulties - my point was  your point that Bledsoe “didn’t do anything” during his time with the Patriots was clearly void and null, to use your turn of phrase.  Pointing out that Brady has more career wins in two decades as a Patriot is completely irrelevant.

33 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Happy to help with the reading comp difficulties - my point was  your point that Bledsoe “didn’t do anything” during his time with the Patriots was clearly void and null, to use your turn of phrase.  Pointing out that Brady has more career wins in two decades as a Patriot is completely irrelevant.

i dont care if my spelign is bad o n a internet thred.

• tonycpsu changed the title to Tom Brady 2020 Outlook