NBC Sports Edge Forums

1 minute ago, SyNdicateZ said:

i dont care if my spelign is bad o n a internet thred.

Your spelling wasn’t the issue - it was your contention that Bledsoe did nothing as a Patriots starting QB.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A moment of your time sir please fill out this form!

Posted Images

5 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Another guy that doesnt want to accept Brady's Greatness in all years. 

I dont think it was a coincidence Patriots started WINNING right when Brady became qb. Bledsoe didnt do Anything with that SAME defense. Your point is Void and null

How many seasons did Bill Belichick coach when Bledsoe was the full time starter? ONE. 

Pats defensive ranks with Bledsoe: 11,12, 25,14, 8, 14, 7, 17

Pats defensive ranks with Brady: 6 (Super Bowl), 17, 1(SB), 2(SB), 17, 2, 4, 5, 8,15, 9,10, 8(SB), 10, 1(SB), 5, 7(SB), 1

The Patriots had one defense ranked as high when Bledsoe played as they did the years Brady won SBs.........Bledsoe had no Belichick

So...back to my original point. Brady gets too much credit in the early years. (Now starting to see always)

Defensive ranks the years Brady won: 6,1,2, 8, 1, 7...all top 10.

Just for fun. Pats offensive ranks with Brady : 6 , 10, 12, 4, 10, 7, 1, 6, 1, 3 4, 3, 3, 2, 4, 7

How many years that the team relied on Brady and the offense did the Pats win the Super Bowl? Never. Brady is a is a great QB so they always had a good offense. BUT.....BRADY'S best statistical years..... no SBs.

Another fun fact. The Pats are 14-6 under Belichick when Brady hasn't played with QBs he's drafted. They were still the 8th ranked offense with a backup (Cassel) playing all season. They were the 3rd ranked offense when his missed 4 games.

Edited by this guy right here
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

2 superbowl appearances one of which was when Brady was the starter and won that superbowl and the other appearance when Bledsoe started and was embarressed with 4 picks and lost to Farve. I remember that well.  

Patriots record under Bledsoe= 98-95

Patriots record under Brady= 219-64

what was your point?

Aha! So the truth is revealed, you are not an actual Patriots fan, you are a bandwagon Brady Boy fan!  🤣

No true Patriots fan would knock Bledsoe in any capacity or diminish any of his accomplishments for the franchise. Bledsoe took the Patriots to their first playoff game in 8 years and then to a  SB. Bledsoe inherited a 2 win team as a rookie and didn't have the luxury to sit behind a QB and "learn" how to be a QB and turn a losing franchise into a winner. Brady never inherited a 2 win team in a rebuild project, he never had to start with a loser,  he had the benefit of a team that already had an identity of winning games and knowing they could make the postseason.

With no Parcells+ Bledsoe  establishing the winning culture there would be no legacy of Hoodie+Brady as a dominant dynasty.

I love how Brady fans like to pretend they are Patriots fans and think the Patriots success started with Brady winning a SB 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
4 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

didn’t the patriots take Matt cassel and win 10 games? And ain’t the patriots like 17-8 games where Tom Brady doesn’t play?

jimmy G won games for them. Brisset won games for them. Matt cassel who never started a college game won games for them. i don’t think Tom Brady has ever won a super bowl where he didn’t have a top 5 defense either.

Not to mention almost every Super Bowl he won isn’t just because of his greatness but in large due to the other parts of the team’s greatness. He had to have the greatest clutch kicker of all time win some for him. He needed the falcons to continue passing and his defense make incredible stop after stop and turnover after turnover (Hightower is the freaking man) The Seahawks had to throw on the 1 yard line and the defense made another great play. The defense held the rams to season lows in yards and points while Tom sucked it up for a whole game. Oh and he lost a few super bowls to lesser teams. Despite all that he’s still epically great to me but I can recognize that maybe he isn’t the GOAT To some ppl.

but a guy like joe Montana never lost a super bowl never even threw and interception in 4 Super Bowls. He also got the hell kicked out of him in the leagues toughest eras and had to beat teams like the 80s bears and giants and eagles with all time great defenses just to get to a Super Bowl. When they needed him to be clutch he had to drive the length of the field and get a touchdown not a field goal aka (the catch). He won super bowls with 2 different coaches and neither one of them were as good as bill bellichick. The first Super Bowl he didn’t have a top defense or Jerry rice. He also had to beat out a few hall of fame lever qbs on the other side of the ball dan Marino John elway ken stabler and mvp of the league boomer esioson (to be fair Brady has beat some goo

4 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

didn’t the patriots take Matt cassel and win 10 games? And ain’t the patriots like 17-8 games where Tom Brady doesn’t play?

jimmy G won games for them. Brisset won games for them. Matt cassel who never started a college game won games for them. i don’t think Tom Brady has ever won a super bowl where he didn’t have a top 5 defense either.

Not to mention almost every Super Bowl he won isn’t just because of his greatness but in large due to the other parts of the team’s greatness. He had to have the greatest clutch kicker of all time win some for him. He needed the falcons to continue passing and his defense make incredible stop after stop and turnover after turnover (Hightower is the freaking man) The Seahawks had to throw on the 1 yard line and the defense made another great play. The defense held the rams to season lows in yards and points while Tom sucked it up for a whole game. Oh and he lost a few super bowls to lesser teams. Despite all that he’s still epically great to me but I can recognize that maybe he isn’t the GOAT To some ppl.

but a guy like joe Montana never lost a super bowl never even threw and interception in 4 Super Bowls. He also got the hell kicked out of him in the leagues toughest eras and had to beat teams like the 80s bears and giants and eagles with all time great defenses just to get to a Super Bowl. When they needed him to be clutch he had to drive the length of the field and get a touchdown not a field goal aka (the catch). He won super bowls with 2 different coaches and neither one of them were as good as bill bellichick. The first Super Bowl he didn’t have a top defense or Jerry rice. He also had to beat out a few hall of fame lever qbs on the other side of the ball dan Marino John elway ken stabler and mvp of the league boomer esioson (to be fair Brady has beat some good qbs but also some guys that no one will remember) But what truly makes joe great to me is after he was traded to a bad chiefs team the very next year he leads the chiefs to the playoffs and beats the same Super Bowl caliber 49ers led by Steve young. Truly great to me. 

Montanas teams were STACKED. There was no salary cap. Get out of here with the 'tougher era' nonsense. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Aha! So the truth is revealed, you are not an actual Patriots fan, you are a bandwagon Brady Boy fan!  🤣

No true Patriots fan would knock Bledsoe in any capacity or diminish any of his accomplishments for the franchise. Bledsoe took the Patriots to their first playoff game in 8 years and then to a  SB. Bledsoe inherited a 2 win team as a rookie and didn't have the luxury to sit behind a QB and "learn" how to be a QB and turn a losing franchise into a winner. Brady never inherited a 2 win team in a rebuild project, he never had to start with a loser,  he had the benefit of a team that already had an identity of winning games and knowing they could make the postseason.

With no Parcells+ Bledsoe  establishing the winning culture there would be no legacy of Hoodie+Brady as a dominant dynasty.

I love how Brady fans like to pretend they are Patriots fans and think the Patriots success started with Brady winning a SB 🤣

Well I mean it kinda did shoe. Drew and Parcells got the train rolling for sure but success in the NFL means winning Super Bowls.

5 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

2 superbowl appearances one of which was when Brady was the starter and won that superbowl and the other appearance when Bledsoe started and was embarressed with 4 picks and lost to Farve. I remember that well.  

Patriots record under Bledsoe= 98-95

Patriots record under Brady= 219-64

what was your point?

Seasons Bledsoe played with Belichick = 1

Seasons Brady played without Belichick = 0

11 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Well I mean it kinda did shoe. Drew and Parcells got the train rolling for sure but success in the NFL means winning Super Bowls.

Success in the NFL ultimately means winning enough games to sell tickets, luxury boxes,  merchandise and making money with sponsorships.

Dallas has not been the perennial most valuable franchise because they have been winning SB's the last 20years but Dallas wins enough games to keep their fanbase loyal and continue spending money supporting the franchise. 

Success for band wagon fans= SB wins. 🤣

20 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Montanas teams were STACKED. There was no salary cap. Get out of here with the 'tougher era' nonsense. 

The “tougher era” was directed to qbs actually having to be tougher because the could be hit by defenders. I mean I don’t think there was such thing as roughing the passer back then. 

And that first Super Bowl team was absolutely not stacked. I’d doubt anyone could name 5 players from that team knowing that 3 of them will be Montana Lott and Clark.

but I don’t think no salary cap takes away from what they did. The 80s had several loaded rosters because teams paid up to get them so there was less parody the good teams were really good and the bad were really bad. So the 49ers has to beat loaded teams just to make the super bowl like the loaded bears rosters or the loaded cowboys or the loaded redskins or the eagles 

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

Success in the NFL ultimately means winning enough games to sell tickets, luxury boxes,  merchandise and making money with sponsorships.

Dallas has not been the perennial most valuable franchise because they have been winning SB's the last 20years but Dallas wins enough games to keep their fanbase loyal and continue spending money supporting the franchise. 

Plus average value of a NFL team is 2.87 billion(just google it).

So by your ridiculous logic there is not a team in the NFL that is not successful.

3 hours ago, BMcP said:

Your spelling wasn’t the issue - it was your contention that Bledsoe did nothing as a Patriots starting QB.

ok so we can call Bledsoe the GOAT too then. fine.

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

I tried the new queso blanco cheese dip from Chipotle today and have been super gassy and farting alot ever since. Beware!!!

haha I saw that, it does look good but their other queso kind of sucks so I’m skeptical. How was it?

1 hour ago, youngrice said:

Thats the most ridiculous statement you have made.  Even worse then Lamar should be running up 30. Stick to emojis

^^^best comment I’ve seen here about a certain “subject”. Well done, sir.

Edited by ThreadKiller
Just now, ThreadKiller said:

haha I saw that, it does look good but their other queso kind of sucks so I’m skeptical. How was it?

Nothing special. Better than the yellow queso though. I been farting some big long frequeng farts ever since eating it yesterday...

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, youngrice said:

Plus average value of a NFL team is 2.87 billion(just google it).

So by your ridiculous logic there is not a team in the NFL that is not successful.

Average value of an NFL team is not even relevant to the point i made nor is it a metric of what a specific NFL franchise is worth or that franchises success. Do you even know what AVERAGE means?The average NFL team value is more indicative of the financial success of the entire league rather than an individual team.  Do you even know that a team can have a high market value but be operationally bankrupt? I'm going to guess that you don't have a grasp of  basic business accounting and economic concepts or you would not have presented such an irrelevant counterpoint. 🤨

You truly don't realize how little knowledge you actually have which explains why you post with such hostility  towards me in some sort of silly quest to prove me wrong in every post.  Google to learn about NFL teams and financials and how team generated revenues and league generated revenues affect team valuations.

For example the Raiders are in significant debt and have struggled to put a competitive team on the field for years because they have had one of the lowest team generated revenues in the league for years. A large part of their recent financial problems being they didnt own their stadium and then had to bridge  their stadium lease with cost of new stadium construction. They have been the poster child of an unsuccessful NFL franchise for some time. 😉

I give you free education, appreciate it 😂

1 hour ago, sSektor said:

I'm all for snarky sarcastic comments but it's getting kinda boring at this point and nobody is going to change their minds.

Also I hope they free that AB guy so he can join whichever team Brady ends up with.

AB will be back with Big Ben.

• Like 1
On 2/29/2020 at 11:57 AM, BMcP said:

Tannehill pretty clearly outplayed Brady last season basically across the board - and won’t cost as much to sign on a per-year basis.  One of the main reasons suggesting the Titans don’t sign Brady is a point that I don’t believe has been touched upon: it would force the Titans to go back to the drawing board in finding their QB of the future, as that would assuredly mean losing Tannehill (and Mariota is not the answer).  Plus, I really don’t see how the Titans’ offensive weapons represent enough of an upgrade to entice Brady: apart from a blazing-hot stretch of the season, AJ Brown was fairly quiet.  Humphries is a clear downgrade from Edelman in the slot.  Corey Davis has been a massive bust.  And with the likely departure of Lewis, you don’t have a back on the roster to throw to - which is a huge step back from having White as one of your most dependable receivers.

Tennessee has pretty good TEs. Their 3rd stringer has enough talent to start for almost 20 other teams.

21 hours ago, dashoe said:

Nah, Success for Pats fans = SB wins. 

29 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Nah, Success for Pats fans = SB wins. 

I agree success for Pats fans = SB wins. . .specifically the ones who jumped on the bandwagon. 😂

It would be interesting  to see how many Pats fans convert to other teams post Brady as the Pats rebuild and become the doormat of the AFC. 

It could be similar to how Cleveland and Miami lost so many so called fans after Lebron James left those teams because they were actually Lebron fans and not team fans. 

All pats related threads in this forum will immediately have 75% fewer posters the minute Brady is not a Pat. 😂

• Thanks 2
54 minutes ago, cashvillesent said:

Tennessee has pretty good TEs. Their 3rd stringer has enough talent to start for almost 20 other teams.

Who even is that?  Firkser?  They tend to use him as an H-back, no?

• tonycpsu changed the title to Tom Brady 2020 Outlook