NBC Sports Edge Forums

3 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Tom Brady is 0-for-19 on pass attempts to travel 20-plus yards in the air over the past month.

That's a 0.0 quarterback rating if you're counting at home. It's an area where the stats match the eye test, as Brady has been throwing one wounded dove after another whenever he ventures beyond the second level of the defense. Coach Bruce Arians has said Brady might be confused by the coverages, which, yikes. Despite decent overall statistics, Brady is beginning to look like a weak link on an otherwise dominant roster. Brady has made like Lazarus more than once in his career. He needs to now more than ever. The Chiefs are on deck for Week 12. 

Nov 24, 2020, 1:34 PM ET

That doesn't seem like an accurate stat. Didn't he complete a long bomb to Evans vs. SD?

EDIT:  Nevermind, that game was over a month ago!

Edited by Pooskay
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A moment of your time sir please fill out this form!

Posted Images

2 hours ago, kp96 said:

I'm doing some more reading on it and yeah....certainly doesn't seem consistent.  Did he shake hands against Carolina?

Who knows, maybe he ran into the locker because had to take a dump?  It could be anything.  I don't think we're gonna find out.  If anything, Brady will probably clear the air with Goff directly and let the media say whatever they want about it.  It's not like he snubbed you or me, just Goff.

I think part of it is Brady being a sore loser, and part of it is Brady not respecting the other QB.

Foles certainly does not deserve respect as a QB.  He sucks.  Always has.  That 2017 Eagles SB team wasn't really that good, and the football gods carried them to a ring like no other team I've ever seen before (nobody remembers, but they would've lost to a Falcons team that played poorly in the wildcard game if Julio doesn't have the worst drop of his life in the endzone with under a minute left).

Goff is a bit more enigmatic.  He's capable of playing well if the game goes according to script, but can't make anything happen on his own.

Both are subpar QBs, and the only thing Brady hates more than losing is losing to a mediocre QB.  Notice he has no problem shaking Drew Brees' hand after getting whooped...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
49 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Tom Brady is 0-for-19 on pass attempts to travel 20-plus yards in the air over the past month.

That's a 0.0 quarterback rating if you're counting at home. It's an area where the stats match the eye test, as Brady has been throwing one wounded dove after another whenever he ventures beyond the second level of the defense. Coach Bruce Arians has said Brady might be confused by the coverages, which, yikes. Despite decent overall statistics, Brady is beginning to look like a weak link on an otherwise dominant roster. Brady has made like Lazarus more than once in his career. He needs to now more than ever. The Chiefs are on deck for Week 12. 

Loss of Ali Marpet is hurting him.  Up the middle pressure has always been his kryptonite.

Probably going to be an issue going up against Chris Jones and KC.

56 minutes ago, The G Man said:

cliff-jumping-fail

• Haha 1

Tom Brady is 0-for-19 on pass attempts to travel 20-plus yards in the air over the past month.

That's a 0.0 quarterback rating if you're counting at home. It's an area where the stats match the eye test, as Brady has been throwing one wounded dove after another whenever he ventures beyond the second level of the defense. Coach Bruce Arians has said Brady might be confused by the coverages, which, yikes.

Bruce Arians’ post game meeting with Brady:

Edited by FreakFries
1 hour ago, Pooskay said:

The consistency is gone. He's going to have some good games, but his overall game is on the decline. 

Brady is currently on pace for 4300 yards, 41 total tds, and 13 interceptions this year.  Those are big numbers.

According to Pro Football Reference fantasy page, Brady currently has 217 fantasy points.  (I don't know what their scoring method is)  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradTo00/fantasy/

This puts him on pace for 316 points for the year.  In his 20 seasons, he has had only FOUR seasons where he surpassed that.  Four.  Now I know it has become a more pass happy league since his early years, but he is on pace to surpass his fantasy totals in every year since 2015.  That's not a decline.

And if your argument is that he is up and down, well....welcome to fantasy football.  Just about every player is up and down, and usually because of matchups.  That's not proof that a guy is declining.  That's the nature of stats.  There is variance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
1 hour ago, kp96 said:

Brady is currently on pace for 4300 yards, 41 total tds, and 13 interceptions this year.  Those are big numbers.

According to Pro Football Reference fantasy page, Brady currently has 217 fantasy points.  (I don't know what their scoring method is)  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradTo00/fantasy/

This puts him on pace for 316 points for the year.  In his 20 seasons, he has had only FOUR seasons where he surpassed that.  Four.  Now I know it has become a more pass happy league since his early years, but he is on pace to surpass his fantasy totals in every year since 2015.  That's not a decline.

And if your argument is that he is up and down, well....welcome to fantasy football.  Just about every player is up and down, and usually because of matchups.  That's not proof that a guy is declining.  That's the nature of stats.  There is variance.

This is a fair point, but playing well for fantasy is not mutually exclusive with playing badly in real life.  One of the best examples is Winston.  I loved having him on my fantasy team, I wouldn't necessarily want him on an actual NFL team.

5 hours ago, shakestreet said:

WEEI the sport jocks are saying it is Bruce Arians fault. Look at his past QBs every freaking one was a interception machine except Big Ben 

What QBs?

In 2012 he was Lucks OC and his interceptions are pretty much in line with most of his seasons. Palmer actually had a better interception ratio pretty much every year with Arians compared to earlier in his career and Arians resurrected his career. The only exception is Winston who also managed to obliterate his career high in yards and who’s been trending towards worse decision making for years.

So to put it bluntly this post is full of BS. The media and Brady’s fan base make excuses for him like nothing else. It’s so hard to like the dude and it’s not even his fault. People drool over Brady and make excuses for him like no one else. 

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, kp96 said:

If we are talking fantasy sure but either way it’s not a genuine way to analyze things in a year where QBs are lighting the league on fire.

Brady leads the league in attempts and is in competition with Mahomes for the best weapons in the league. Despite this, he’s:

25th in completion percentage

12th in TD percentage

17th in interception percentage 

25th in YPA

17th in QB rating

15th in QBR

He’s been overwhelmingly average with elite weapons (albeit there’s been some injuries). Being an average QB at 43 is impressive but acting like he’s even worthy of being in the conversation with actual elite QBs is wrong. 

• Like 2
On 2/29/2020 at 7:05 AM, SharkSwimmer said:

I am pretty confident I will be able to continue to hate the Patriots with their (ongoing) cheating ways, yet still glory in every pick, sack, and pouty face Tommy puts up for his new team.

Brady is pretty irrelevant for fantasy in most leagues, since he is no longer top 12 material.  If he goes to a team with good deep threat receivers, I will be bumping those receivers down my board.  I don't have much faith that Brady will be able to hit them downfield with his noodle arm.

0 for 19 on deep balls in the last four weeks?   Hmmm...

18 hours ago, kp96 said:

Stats can look great on paper and can sometimes fool you. Throwing gimme 1-yard TD's to Evans or whoever can pad anyone's stats. The point is not the stats though. It's the INT's, the mental errors, and the obvious one (deep ball accuracy). 

17 hours ago, Gohawks said:

If we are talking fantasy sure but either way it’s not a genuine way to analyze things in a year where QBs are lighting the league on fire.

Brady leads the league in attempts and is in competition with Mahomes for the best weapons in the league. Despite this, he’s:

12th in TD percentage

25th in YPA

17th in QB rating

15th in QBR

He’s been overwhelmingly average with elite weapons (albeit there’s been some injuries). Being an average QB at 43 is impressive but acting like he’s even worthy of being in the conversation with actual elite QBs is wrong. 

We are talking fantasy here.  This is Rotoworld.  Do I think Todd Gurley looks terrible?  Sure.  But he has been more than solid in fantasy.  And Brady looks way better than Gurley.

17 hours ago, Gohawks said:

12th in TD percentage

25th in YPA

17th in QB rating

15th in QBR

Brady is the #7 overall QB in fantasy points.  https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/reports/leaders/qb.php?year=2020

Not in the conversation of elite QBs?  Unless your definition of elite is "top 5", then he's elite.  Through 11 weeks he is a mid range QB1.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...