Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Smith was having his best season in 2012 before his injury. You dont know how that season ends if they re-insert Smith back into the lineup

also that "over the hump" thing is so lame. Rivers is a hall of famer, and he's never won a super bowl

Phillip Rivers is a compiler who never won isht and should only be able to enter the Hall of Fame if he buys a ticket like the rest of the members of the public.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A moment of your time sir please fill out this form!

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Phillip Rivers is a compiler who never won isht and should only be able to enter the Hall of Fame if he buys a ticket like the rest of the members of the public.

well OK then....

I guess if Deshaun Watson keeps us his current pace and finishes his career with 0 superbowls, he'll be another stat piler as well

because that is your logic. Marino? Fouts? Not hall of famers

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Phillip Rivers is a compiler who never won isht and should only be able to enter the Hall of Fame if he buys a ticket like the rest of the members of the public.

Rivers is one of 12 QBs in league history with a QB rating over 95. Half of those guys are young players. He's one of 6 players in NFL history with a QB rating over 95 and at least 150 career starts. The others:

Tom Brady

Peyton Manning

Drew Brees

Aaron Rodgers

Steve Young

*Russell Wilson will soon join this list*

I'm not even a huge Rivers fan, but if he doesn't make the Hall of Fame, there might as well not be a Hall of Fame. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Rivers is one of 12 QBs in league history with a QB rating over 95. Half of those guys are young players. He's one of 6 players in NFL history with a QB rating over 95 and at least 150 career starts. The others:

Tom Brady

Peyton Manning

Drew Brees

Aaron Rodgers

Steve Young

*Russell Wilson will soon join this list*

I'm not even a huge Rivers fan, but if he doesn't make the Hall of Fame, there might as well not be a Hall of Fame. 

The Hall of Fame is a tourist attraction first and foremost. If you bring your kids/grandkids/etc there in 20 years, and Brady or Manning aren't there, you're going to ask your money back. If Rivers isn't there, would you even notice? 

On the other hand, if I vist and I see Phlip Rivers I won't get upset, the guy had a pretty good career. But as someone said about Gore, it should be the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of Pretty Good.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

The Hall of Fame is a tourist attraction first and foremost. If you bring your kids/grandkids/etc there in 20 years, and Brady or Manning aren't there, you're going to ask your money back. If Rivers isn't there, would you even notice? 

On the other hand, if I vist and I see Phlip Rivers I won't get upset, the guy had a pretty good career. But as someone said about Gore, it should be the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of Pretty Good.


steve young not worthy

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MrWannaBee said:


steve young not worthy

 

Not entirely sure what you're trying to say, but obviously Young is in the category "if he's not there I want my money back".

If you try to defend Rivers based on Young's stats, then don't. He got his Superbowls in an entirely different era - it might as well have been a different game. Apples and oranges.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

No Evans (maybe) and Chase Young in his face all day?  One and done and I am going to be LOVING it.

The line is 8.5. Tampa Bay wins, and covers. 😛

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

No Evans (maybe) and Chase Young in his face all day?  One and done and I am going to be LOVING it.

Im afraid the refs are going to get involved like the 2017 afc championship with the jaguars

Close game but Bucs pull it out. Gotta have Brady advance in the playoffs

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chippa said:

Im afraid the refs are going to get involved like the 2017 afc championship with the jaguars

Close game but Bucs pull it out. Gotta have Brady advance in the playoffs

This isn't the NBA, ratings will be through the roof no matter who's playing. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

This isn't the NBA, ratings will be through the roof no matter who's playing. 

You don't think Roger is dying for Mahomes v. Brady in the SB?  Wow.

Washington is going to get some awfully suspicious roughing the passer penalties in the 4th quarter if this one is still close at that point.

Don't matter, though.  Chase and Montez and co. are going to do it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

You don't think Roger is dying for Mahomes v. Brady in the SB?  Wow.

Washington is going to get some awfully suspicious roughing the passer penalties in the 4th quarter if this one is still close at that point.

Don't matter, though.  Chase and Montez and co. are going to do it.

 

37 minutes ago, Chippa said:

oh my naive young sweet summer child

Do you guys have any stats to back this up.  I'll take the L if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure NFL playoff game ratings are huge, regardless of who's playing. 

Unlike the NBA, small market teams, even those without marketable superstars, actually can make it to the super bowl. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ajs723 said:

 

Do you guys have any stats to back this up.  I'll take the L if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure NFL playoff game ratings are huge, regardless of who's playing. 

Unlike the NBA, small market teams, even those without marketable superstars, actually can make it to the super bowl. 

if you have to ask for proof then Idk what to tell you, bud

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Chippa said:

if you have to ask for proof then Idk what to tell you, bud

I mean, 100 million people have watched each of the last 12 super bowls. It does not matter. People are watching. Compare that to NBA finals ratings. On the rare occasion that there's no mega superstar or huge market team, no one watches. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

You don't think Roger is dying for Mahomes v. Brady in the SB?  Wow.

Washington is going to get some awfully suspicious roughing the passer penalties in the 4th quarter if this one is still close at that point.

Don't matter, though.  Chase and Montez and co. are going to do it.

I see you are covering all your bases ... 

Washington wins because of defense.... 

Tampa & Tom wins because Roger wants Tom in the Super Bowl or the refs determine the outcome. 


 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

I see you are covering all your bases ... 

Washington wins because of defense.... 

Tampa & Tom wins because Roger wants Tom in the Super Bowl or the refs determine the outcome. 

I said the league and refs will try HARD to get Brady to the Superbowl.  But I believe they will fail.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I said the league and refs will try HARD to get Brady to the Superbowl.  But I believe they will fail.

Again. Why?!

Pats-Eagles and Pats-Rams are two of the lowest rated Super Bowls in recent history. Again, not by a ton, because the Super Bowl always gets massive ratings, but, if anything, Tom Brady fatigue hurts ratings.

But don't let facts stand in the way of a good made-up narrative. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boudewijn said:

Well, tell the truth. You have no proof and it's just baseless conjecture.

yawn. Saints Rams 2018 NFC championship? That wasnt a mistake. Had to establish the new market

super bowl 40 was also documented. I'll keep watching football forever, but not everything is apples and sunshine

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...