Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, CroNY said:

This is not even remotely a trap game. Regardless of the weak competition the Bucs have had, Alex Smith hasn’t looked good all year even when he’s been healthy this season...some of the takes in here are baffling.. not to sound like a bitter Giants fan ( we did not remotely deserve to be in the playoffs) but... WFT barely beat an Eagles team actively trying to not score points and then there’s this... 

 

 

 

 

Who says he has to play like an MVP out there?  If WFT can put 28 on the board they probably have a good chance at winning.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A moment of your time sir please fill out this form!

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, kdko said:

If WFT can put 28 on the board

And therein lies the problem.  Everyone seems to forgot Tampa has a pretty good defense of their own, and they're going to be blitzing the heck out of either a hobbled Alex Smith or poor Taylor Heinicke.  Has Washington even scored 28 points in a game all year?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, kdko said:

 

Of all the teams you named, only the Rams defense is graded better than Washingtons.  And even that is skewed.  The Rams rank only 15th in passing, and 11th in completions, whereas the WFT ranks 4th and 3rd respectively.  Rams crush it with their run D.  TB is way more of a passing offense.  This will actually be Tom's toughest test to date, and like i said...this smells like a trap.  He might even get mauled out there.

 

1 hour ago, Chippa said:

Brady stunk it up against NO twice and the Bears game was less than meh

He was very meh against the Bears and meh against the Saints in week 1 (his first game as a Buc). About 500 yards, 3 TDs, a rushing TD, 2 picks. The Bucs scored over 20 points per game. They had both more rushing yards, and more passing yards than their opponent in each game.  Not saying Brady and the Bucs were great in those two, but they weren't not horrible. Hence, meh. 

The Bucs clearly had a pretty easy schedule. But you can only play the teams you're assigned to play. They did indeed lose to the Saints twice and Chiefs by a FG. But that makes sense. The Chiefs and Saints are better than the Bucs. Those are maybe the two best teams in the NFL. Unless you like the Packers, who the Bucs beat by 28 points.

I don't know why I have to defend the Bucs. I don't think they're going to win a Super Bowl. I don't think know if they will get to the NFC championship game, but I do know they are going to punk this Washington team. Hell, even if the WFT defense comes to play and Brady has a rough game, it doesn't matter. There's no way Washington scores 20 points in this game. Unless you think they can beat the Bucs 17-13, or something, they don't have a chance. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

 

He was very meh against the Bears and meh against the Saints in week 1 (his first game as a Buc). About 500 yards, 3 TDs, a rushing TD, 2 picks. The Bucs scored over 20 points per game. They had both more rushing yards, and more passing yards than their opponent in each game.  Not saying Brady and the Bucs were great in those two, but they weren't not horrible. Hence, meh. 

 

he threw 2 touchdowns, 2 picks, and ran for 1 touchdown. 78.4 passer rating. That's good in the year 2000. It's closer to bad than meh in 2020

 

Edited by Chippa
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

And therein lies the problem.  Everyone seems to forgot Tampa has a pretty good defense of their own, and they're going to be blitzing the heck out of either a hobbled Alex Smith or poor Taylor Heinicke.  Has Washington even scored 28 points in a game all year?

 

They hung 40 on the Cowboys 🤣  They average about 20 ppg from the looks of it.  All i'm saying is, I wouldn't completely dismiss them in this game.  They've kept most teams ~30points or lower, and you can't forget the stupidity of Arians either.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Chippa said:

he threw 2 touchdowns, 2 picks, and ran for 1 touchdown. 78.4 passer rating. That's good in the year 2000. It's closer to bad than meh in 2020

 

Bro, those stats were for the two games combined. Low end of meh against the Saints in week damn one. Better men stats against the Bears.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Brady had no receivers against the Bears and had some bad luck in that game, easily could have and should have won it. Their two losses to the Chiefs and Rams were by a combined 6 points. The only team to dominate them this season were the Saints, this is easily a team that could be 12-4 or 13-3 with a couple of breaks.

 

WFT on the other hand almost lost a game to clinch a playoff spot to an Eagles team that was clearly not trying to win. Could WFT win? Anything can happen in sports, but it’s extremely unlikely. The Bucs are a very good team with the GOAT at QB, an elite offensive line, and the best trio of receivers in the league. They had the third best point differential in the league, and a top 10 defense on top of it. They’re a significantly more talented and better team than their opponent this weekend, that’s just the facts.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bucs have two primary weaknesses:

1) An immobile quarterback who cannot function when pressured up the middle and taken off of his spot;

And 

2)  A bull-headed coach who will stick to a plan, even when it is not working.

Riverboat Ron will outcoach Arians (he's done it before against Arians as a home dog in the playoffs) and the WFT D-line full of first rounders is going to give the Tampa deep passing offense fits.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The Bucs have two primary weaknesses:

1) An immobile quarterback who cannot function when pressured up the middle and taken off of his spot;

And 

2)  A bull-headed coach who will stick to a plan, even when it is not working.

Riverboat Ron will outcoach Arians (he's done it before against Arians as a home dog in the playoffs) and the WFT D-line full of first rounders is going to give the Tampa deep passing offense fits.


Yes, the problem is is outside their defensive line Washington is seriously untalented. Even at their best they’ll be lucky to hold Tampa under 20 points and WFT might have the least talented offense in the league. You expect them to score on the Bucs defense enough to win? I don’t.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, kdko said:

I'm not convinced that the Buccs offense isn't a complete mirage.  They've had some pretty weak competition, and haven't hung much on any good defense.  This has trap game all over it.  Their o-line might just get mauled all game while Alex Smith manages just enough to win it.

IMO There is no such thing a trap game. The recipe to any game plan against Brady is pressure pressure and more pressure. Can the Washington defense do that .... Washington is very good at getting to the QB , Tampa knows this so they should better be ready if they are easy win for the Buccaneers if not Buccaneers still win in a close game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

2)  A bull-headed coach who will stick to a plan, even when it is not working.

You been saying this for ever... You told us Tom wouldn’t last a full season under Bruce Arians he was going to get killed sacked to death. Wrong again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, kdko said:

 

Who says he has to play like an MVP out there?  If WFT can put 28 on the board they probably have a good chance at winning.

WFT is going to put up 28 on the board? There’s a better chance they put up 10 points, after putting up 15, 13 , 20 the last three weeks 🤦🏻‍♂️

Edited by CroNY
Link to post
Share on other sites

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/09/nfl-had-its-highest-scoring-season-ever-in-2020/

TL;DR

100 more TDs scored in the NFL in 2020 than the previous all time record.  100!  In case you were not yet convinced that the deck was stacked against defenses this year, and that all this offense should be taken with a grain of salt.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, CroNY said:

WFT is going to put up 28 on the board? There’s a better chance they put up 10 points, after putting up 15, 13 , 20 the last three weeks 🤦🏻‍♂️

Yeah, because the Bears, with Nick Foles, were such an offensive powerhouse in 2020.  They beat Tommy in the infamous "where's my flag" 4th down game.  And WFT has an even better defense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Chippa said:

 

It's my opinion. And your opinion is that the league/officials do not favor certain teams. Let's just agree to disagree. 

Dont even respond back

spacer.png

Three games today.  Two competitive matchups with plenty of big stars like Russel Wilson, DK Metcalf, Josh Allen, Diggs, and Jonathan Taylor.  Only one matchup involving a team with a losing record.  But that game gets the primetime spot?  Hmmm....oh I see.  Tom Brady.  Yeah.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CroNY said:

WFT barely beat an Eagles team actively trying to not score points and then there’s this... 

Don't worry about Rapoport.  He's just being duped (for the thousandth time) by a coach trying to throw off the opponent with breathless injury reports.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Three games today.  Two competitive matchups with plenty of big stars like Russel Wilson, DK Metcalf, Josh Allen, Diggs, and Jonathan Taylor.  Only one matchup involving a team with a losing record.  But that game gets the primetime spot?  Hmmm....oh I see.  Tom Brady.  Yeah.

Lmao they gave the colts/bills the "nobody cares" timeslot. Saturday 1pm.

And that's the 2 seed with Josh Allen going up against Phillip Rivers with an elite defense

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Chippa said:

 

It's my opinion. And your opinion is that the league/officials do not favor certain teams. Let's just agree to disagree. 

Dont even respond back

spacer.png

spacer.png

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Bring on the Saints!

I wonder if Arians will triple down on his wildly successful Saints gameplan from the regular season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

It’s time to root for Rodgers & the Pack.. 

You know me too well...

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...