Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A moment of your time sir please fill out this form!

Posted Images

I want to see Brady win another Superbowl.  Not to shut up the naysayers, but to give a nice "suck it" to Belichick.  Belichick's legacy takes a massive hit if Brady wins a SB the first year he is away from Belichick, with BB missing the playoffs (with serious QB problems to boot).  The whole "who was more responsible for the success" argument gets settled.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, kp96 said:

I want to see Brady win another Superbowl.  Not to shut up the naysayers, but to give a nice "suck it" to Belichick.  Belichick's legacy takes a massive hit if Brady wins a SB the first year he is away from Belichick, with BB missing the playoffs (with serious QB problems to boot).  The whole "who was more responsible for the success" argument gets settled.

Perhaps, but neither should get all the credit in my opinion. Let's not forget several key players on the Pats opted out this year due to Covid. Yes sir, the cupboard was pretty bare for ol' BB this season. While things are definitely leaning in Brady's favor right now, even if he does win another SB I don't think you can simply say it was all Brady in NE. Not defending BB, but just sayin' I think it was the perfect tandem, he and TB. Together they won 6 SB's. If never together who the hell knows.

JMHO...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The G Man said:

Perhaps, but neither should get all the credit in my opinion. Let's not forget several key players on the Pats opted out this year due to Covid. Yes sir, the cupboard was pretty bare for ol' BB this season. While things are definitely leaning in Brady's favor right now, even if he does win another SB I don't think you can simply say it was all Brady in NE. Not defending BB, but just sayin' I think it was the perfect tandem, he and TB. Together they won 6 SB's. If never together who the hell knows.

JMHO...

You're talking like someone who would actually look into this season in detail and be reasonable about BB's outlook.  How dare you!

Fair point, but I still think if Brady wins a championship, the discussion is over.  It's just the ultimate trump card in that debate.  In fairness, you could be totally right...but it'll be over.  It would literally take BB winning the SB the following year for it to be a discussion again.

If there was one guy who should have been paid and allowed to finish his career with his team, it's Brady.  I just felt it was unconscionable to let him go because of financial reasons.  He should have been paid, even if it wasn't a "sound" financial decision at the time.  He should have been rewarded.  VERY obviously, he had gas in the tank.  Look at the numbers he put up this year....they are up there with the best of his career.  I'm gonna root for him to make BB and the Pats eat it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, kp96 said:

You're talking like someone who would actually look into this season in detail and be reasonable about BB's outlook.  How dare you!

Fair point, but I still think if Brady wins a championship, the discussion is over.  It's just the ultimate trump card in that debate.  In fairness, you could be totally right...but it'll be over.  It would literally take BB winning the SB the following year for it to be a discussion again.

If there was one guy who should have been paid and allowed to finish his career with his team, it's Brady.  I just felt it was unconscionable to let him go because of financial reasons.  He should have been paid, even if it wasn't a "sound" financial decision at the time.  He should have been rewarded.  VERY obviously, he had gas in the tank.  Look at the numbers he put up this year....they are up there with the best of his career.  I'm gonna root for him to make BB and the Pats eat it.

Pats fans are rooting for Brady too. But, the unfortunate situation means BB had to clamp down on contracts. And roll into next year, given covid opt outs. I Know this is shocking for everyone, but maybe a 20 year dynasty has to hit a reset button. 🤔

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's really hard to project what's to come for Brady moving forward. Clearly his physical skills have declined, and that will certainly continue. However, he's still producing and winning. With all the talent around him, and his penchant for finding and delivering the safe efficient check down, I could see him continuing to have success, potential for several more years. Could we see Brady at 45, 46, or even older still making deep playoff runs? It seems crazy to think that could happen, but it also seems crazy to think it couldn't, right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

It's really hard to project what's to come for Brady moving forward. Clearly his physical skills have declined, and that will certainly continue. However, he's still producing and winning. With all the talent around him, and his penchant for finding and delivering the safe efficient check down, I could see him continuing to have success, potential for several more years. Could we see Brady at 45, 46, or even older still making deep playoff runs? It seems crazy to think that could happen, but it also seems crazy to think it couldn't, right?

 

He has 1 more year in him without a doubt 

 

After that I'm not so sure.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

He has 1 more year in him without a doubt 

 

After that I'm not so sure.

Yeah.  He threw for 4,600 yards and 40 freaking TDs this year.  Even if he regresses, he should be pretty good next year.

Agree on after that.  Players can just fall of a cliff, like Peyton did his last year.  I don't see that with Brady, but you never know.  Heck it could happen next year but he was just so good this year, I can't see him not being at least serviceable next year.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Pats fans are rooting for Brady too. But, the unfortunate situation means BB had to clamp down on contracts. And roll into next year, given covid opt outs. I Know this is shocking for everyone, but maybe a 20 year dynasty has to hit a reset button. 🤔

I'm sure there were compelling reasons, but from what I've read, they didn't treat Brady well either.  Did not make him feel as though they really wanted him back, even if it would be very hard to pay him what he deserves.

I guess we will see.  BB may be rebuilding and ultimately, if he wins a SB without Brady, then his legacy is cemented.  Who knows, maybe Brady loses this week and never gets back to a SB, and it's Belichick who is the one who gets another one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sSektor said:

 

Where are we moving the goalposts to now anti-Brady bros?

Bleh.  To those guys Brady is done.  No arm strength!  Throws ducks!  My eyes say so, therefore it must be true!

They'll be back next year.  None have the courage to come here and admit they were flat out wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, kp96 said:

Bleh.  To those guys Brady is done.  No arm strength!  Throws ducks!  My eyes say so, therefore it must be true!

They'll be back next year.  None have the courage to come here and admit they were flat out wrong.

I’ll be honest. When Brady went there I thought it was going to be a disaster cause I didn’t think Evans and Godwin fit Brady’s current skill set. 
 

Of course I was thinking from a fantasy perspective first(and I wasn’t really wrong there except for Brady himself) but never did I think they would be making the Super Bowl. 
 

Have to give credit where it’s due. Dude just knows how to win regardless of the situation. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Tom is on his way to the Super Bowl ...  Where is Belichick? On the f***ingcouch 

 

 

Tom had some talent on his side. Obviously he's the GOAT, doesn't mean BB isn't the best at what he does.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

I’ll be honest. When Brady went there I thought it was going to be a disaster cause I didn’t think Evans and Godwin fit Brady’s current skill set. 
 

Of course I was thinking from a fantasy perspective first(and I wasn’t really wrong there except for Brady himself) but never did I think they would be making the Super Bowl. 
 

Have to give credit where it’s due. Dude just knows how to win regardless of the situation. 

You weren’t wrong?
Brady finished 7th

Evans finished 10th 

Godwin was injured 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2021 at 12:11 PM, kp96 said:

The whole "who was more responsible for the success" argument gets settled.

 

No it doesn't. At all.

At least not to those who use logic. I'm obviously a huge number 12 fan and it can't be disputed by anyone with a brain that he is the GOAT. However, he joined a loaded team that he pushed over the hump, meanwhile, the Patriots roster was depleted of talent. You're comparing apples to oranges.

Just because Tom could join a loaded team and go the Superbowl and Bill couldn't bring Cam Newton and a terrible roster to the playoffs doesn't tell us ANYTHING in the dumb argument of "who was more responsible"? It's a silly argument driven by the media that people feed off of.

They shared in each other's success. That's really all it comes down to. Awarding percentage points to if Tom was 51% responsible and Bill was only 49% or vice versa is nonsense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

This dude lives rent-free in so many people’s heads and it is hilarious. I don’t think I’ve ever seen an athlete induce more salt to his haters. 

 

This. Absolutely terrific point. It's wild to me how much energy people spend hating on #12 lol. I couldn't imagine following a athlete I don't like on social media, commenting on everything I see on the internet regarding him with how much I don't like him. Hilarious.

...Remember the definitive claims in this thread that Tom Brady to Tampa Bay would be a "disaster"? Lol.

Edited by ThreadKiller
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ThreadKiller said:

 

No it doesn't. At all.

At least not to those who use logic. I'm obviously a huge number 12 fan and it can't be disputed by anyone with a brain that he is the GOAT. However, he joined a loaded team that he pushed over the hump, meanwhile, the Patriots roster was depleted of talent. You're comparing apples to oranges.

Just because Tom could join a loaded team and go the Superbowl and Bill couldn't bring Cam Newton and a terrible roster to the playoffs doesn't tell us ANYTHING in the dumb argument of "who was more responsible"? It's a silly argument driven by the media that people feed off of.

They shared in each other's success. That's really all it comes down to. Awarding percentage points to if Tom was 51% responsible and Bill was only 49% or vice versa is nonsense.

Yea, I don't really understand why there needs to be a "who was more responsible" discussion.   Why can't it just be that they were both perfect each other for the time.  

Brady is the best to ever do it.  Bill also put quality teams around him year in and year out that had top notch defenses.  Neither person has the sustained success without the other.  They had different responsibilities for the two decades worth of success. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GottaGetTheWin said:

Yea, I don't really understand why there needs to be a "who was more responsible" discussion.   Why can't it just be that they were both perfect each other for the time.  

Brady is the best to ever do it.  Bill also put quality teams around him year in and year out that had top notch defenses.  Neither person has the sustained success without the other.  They had different responsibilities for the two decades worth of success. 

Some people dislike one far more than the other. Some Pats fans want to believe that Bill is the one who pushed Tom away from the Pats last year. Reasonable people still give them near equal credit for the dynasty and that isn't going to shift a lot if Brady wins another.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...