Lamar Jackson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RG3?

I love julio, but unfortunately this isn't street fighter where he can go "yoga arms" and catch one of lamars errand passes.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, InVINCEable said:

Anyone benching him this week in a tough divisional matchup? [...]

Unless you got better options like Burrow, Herbert, I would stick with Lamar who should have a good game. Titans still managed to score 24 points despite getting absolutely dominated in TOP for most of the game, which wont happen vs the Ravens D. I think the Steelers feel the loss of Devin Bush in this game.

Edited by Evincar
1 minute ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

ROS outlook? Top 5?

I dunno. I've kind of devalued him a bit over the last couple weeks. Ravens seem like a really good team that are going to just be consistently a bit "meh" for fantasy football. that combined with the rooks throwing for 350 + 3 TDs every game kind of knocks LJ out of the top 5 for me. I

going forward I'd probably rate Wilson, Murray, Mahomes, and Rodgers above him and then there's a bunch of other guys who you could argue maybe or maybe not should be ranked higher going forward (Tannehill, Burrow, Brady, Herbert, Allen). Those guys all have question marks (age (too much or not enough), recent declines in performance, being Ryan Tannehill) but have also had some great games recently.

His schedule coming up has got me shook.. playoffs look nice but my goose could be cooked by then.. Im personally either playing him or trading him. Cus I can't handle pivoting to a matt Ryan or something and watching him fail while lamar has a field day on my bench.

2 hours ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

ROS outlook? Top 5?

I absolutely hate to say it, but if I had to bet right now I'd say no. My guess is he finishes in that 5-8 range. You just have too many QBs lighting it up. The guy is a well below average passer with subpar weapons. Not a good combination. 

12 minutes ago, xSouthWESTx said:

I linked him up with Wentz. Seems like I’ll be alternating between the two for the rest of the season. Definitely considering benching Lamar this week.

That's exactly what I have moving forward and a question I never thought I'd be asking in a million years - Is Wentz without Jeffery, Raegor, Ertz, Goedert, DJax, etc. a better start this week than Lamar. 

I think you could comfortably rank a pretty big handful of QBs ahead of him this week. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

ROS outlook? Top 5?

nope.

Wilson, Murray, Rodgers, Mahones, brady with his new weapons, Herbert even burrow as at least his ceiling is higher with the volume. Not sure what you'd get back in a trade tho

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I absolutely hate to say it, but if I had to bet right now I'd say no. My guess is he finishes in that 5-8 range. You just have too many QBs lighting it up. The guy is a well below average passer with subpar weapons. Not a good combination. 

That's exactly what I have moving forward and a question I never thought I'd be asking in a million years - Is Wentz without Jeffery, Raegor, Ertz, Goedert, DJax, etc. a better start this week than Lamar. 

I think you could comfortably rank a pretty big handful of QBs ahead of him this week. 

I'm thinking all of this. Schedule is better and honestly wentz has been better. Thinking about possibly dealing Jackson for wentz and edmonds and getting out of the whole situation. But I think I might be insane to do so... maybe not

38 minutes ago, Buckmcbuck said:

I'm thinking all of this. Schedule is better and honestly wentz has been better. Thinking about possibly dealing Jackson for wentz and edmonds and getting out of the whole situation. But I think I might be insane to do so... maybe not

I'm sure it sounds crazy to some but I like it. Wentz has been as good or better, and you figure will only improve from here. Lamar's schedule has been pretty good and he's still been meh. 

I also like Chase and think he'll outperform Drake so perhaps I'm a little biased. 

Wouldn't shock me at all if Lamar finished with under 20 this week which would surely put him outside the top ten. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All I know is I've been shopping Jackson and people don't want him. And its not that I'm so displeased with his performance so far. I just think it might be a a little over a month before he's got big time upside again due to match ups. And as mentioned above those dang ravens might rest him during the second halves of all those play off games.. probably will never go qb earlier than 5th again. 

Edited by Buckmcbuck
  • Like 3
52 minutes ago, Buckmcbuck said:

All I know is I've been shopping Jackson and people don't want him. And its not that I'm so displeased with his performance so far. I just think it might be a a little over a month before he's got big time upside again due to match ups. And as mentioned above those dang ravens might rest him during the second halves of all those play off games.. probably will never go qb earlier than 5th again. 

I packaged him in a deal to the Dak owner a few weeks ago. I doubt you can trade him without including another player, unless you can sell the other owner on his playoff schedule, off his bye etc.

• Like 1

I'm holding on hope they figured something out for him and "let him cook" over the BYE. I might grab a QB streamer this week and see if that'll happens first before trading him.... so hard to sit Lamar but also need a W...

55 minutes ago, yanksman said:

He has a safe floor but no upside this year. They have ZERO weapons around him and their defense is TOO good. Id say he's top 10 but not top 5.

He does, but with the way QBs have been playing this year his floor isn't a whole lot higher than a lot of guys. I believe Brees and Carr have a floor of about 14 this year, which is Lamar's. Guys potentially on waivers 3 weeks ago like Herbert and Wentz have had a higher floor as well. That's rough. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Buckmcbuck said:

Lamar has been a huge disappointment this year.  I should have followed by gut and rule to never draft a QB early, yet he was too tempting in the second round.  Lesson learned.  I've been shopping as well, but it's hard given that he's been so hit or miss, and his "hits" haven't even been week winning hits like they were last year.  Also hard in general in one QB leagues to trade, which is the whole reason why you shouldn't jump for QB early.  I think I'd rather have Justin Herbert right now, his ceiling is higher.

1 hour ago, Evincar said:

I packaged him in a deal to the Dak owner a few weeks ago. I doubt you can trade him without including another player, unless you can sell the other owner on his playoff schedule, off his bye etc.

I tried packaging a WR2 and Lamar for a WR1 to the Dak owner and never even got the courtesy of a response.  Never thought I would have a hard time moving him.

Are we not all talking about the same Lamar who just rushed for 100 yards before the bye? I'm confused why there's such high negativity at the moment, agreed he wasn't used to his strengths when his knee was bulky but I'm definitely not benching for a Wentz. Might come back to bite me but I'll own it if it does.