Lamar Jackson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RG3?

I love julio, but unfortunately this isn't street fighter where he can go "yoga arms" and catch one of lamars errand passes.

Posted Images

What the hell happened to this team?  Like, what's been the big change since last year?  Looks like basically the same roster to me.  Pretty amazing...They're actually winning games but somehow helping no one in the process fantasy wise, which seems really hard to do.

Edited by CletisVanDamme

This guy trash and you need to create an exit strategy. I went to Louisville back in the day and he stole a girl from me at a party once but that’s not related to fact that this guy will be a league LOSER. He flops in the playoffs, including fantasy playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, CletisVanDamme said:

What the hell happened to this team?  Like, what's been the big change since last year?  Looks like basically the same roster to me.  Pretty amazing...They're actually winning games but somehow helping no one in the process fantasy wise, which seems really hard to do.

Jackson got lucky last year with his legs. Now he's being tasked to throw more and he just sucks throwing the ball. Bad accuracy and decision making. 

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, fantasymad said:

Trading this guy for any positional upgrade. I knew I drafted Ryan and Brees after him for a reason. 

Has he passed for 250 yds yet this season?

you're not getting jack for this loser, theres qbs on the wire that are playing better than him. if you all listened to me weeks ago, you would have gotten something. too late now. just drop. 

Edited by TroutFister
12 minutes ago, CletisVanDamme said:

Their QB, top WR, top RB all took huge steps back. Their oline isn't as good. They lost a top TE. Basically their whole offense regressed and they didn't do a single thing to improve it. They're winning because of their great defense and good running game (which is split between 3 RBs).

I honestly may drop him this week. The only thing stopping me is his great playoff schedule. Hes my backup for Herbert now anyway.

1 minute ago, yanksman said:

Their QB, top WR, top RB all took huge steps back. Their oline isn't as good. They lost a top TE. Basically their whole offense regressed and they didn't do a single thing to improve it. They're winning because of their great defense and good running game (which is split between 3 RBs).

I honestly may drop him this week. The only thing stopping me is his great playoff schedule. Hes my backup for Herbert now anyway.

you gonna risk playing him in the playoffs? braaaaah. be happy you got herbert, that's a real qb. 

36 minutes ago, CletisVanDamme said:

What the hell happened to this team?  Like, what's been the big change since last year?

Marshal Yanda retired and Ronnie Stanley got hurt. O line is trash. Receiving corp was always garbage. Their No. 1 receiver is a midget who looks like a high schooler.

But I think moron Greg Roman tried to change Lamar. His rhythm is just completely off although it's probably mainly the o line crumbling so easily.

9 minutes ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

Anyone who knows football knew this was coming this yr 

yup...i mean i was enamored by his floor of being able to run in my league where passing yards dont really count. but it's also the fact that his ceiling is extremely limited and capped by the ravens play calling and weekly game scripts. davante adams would be a wr4 on this team. 

Edited by TroutFister
1 hour ago, CletisVanDamme said:

Nothing happened. Like you said they’re winning games. Why do more than you need to? 

2 minutes ago, Krambone said:

Sham MVP, dude throws worse than Jamarcus Russell. Once he loses a step it’s over. 

He was 19 for 23 this game and perfect in the 2nd half. Not saying hes the best thrower but hes not worse than Russell. Cmon man

• Like 2
1 minute ago, yanksman said:

He was 19 for 23 this game and perfect in the 2nd half. Not saying hes the best thrower but hes not worse than Russell. Cmon man

I wasn’t just referring to yesterday’s game, Russell actually threw pretty good mostly because he was a QB. Lamar throws like A 2B from the Red Sox. He is the best RB on his team though. 

His passing #s are down from last year but not terribly so.

4 points lower comp %

Y/A down 0.7

Int % 0.4%

The biggest difference in his fantasy #s year over year is TD% (9 vs 5.6- WOW). Thats the regression everyone warned against.

Also hes rushing for 58 y/g compared to 80 y/g. People warned against that as well.

I didnt listen and regret it but his #s arent as horrible as people make him sound. A 95 QB Rating with his rushing ability and their defense is still very good. I just think last year was the outlier and this year is closer to reality going forward.

2 minutes ago, Krambone said:

I wasn’t just referring to yesterday’s game, Russell actually threw pretty good mostly because he was a QB. Lamar throws like A 2B from the Red Sox. He is the best RB on his team though. 

Based on what? He had a career 52% completion rate, 3.4% int rate, 6.0 Y/A, and 65.2 QB Rating. 

LJax has 63% completion rate, 1.7% int rate, 7.5 Y/A, and 102.1 QB Rating.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, yanksman said:

He was 19-23 for only 170 with a long completion of 21. It's not like was throwing very far so let's not pretend like he was "Mr Accurate" against the Colts.

The guy is simply not a good passer. Why can't people just call it how it is?

1 hour ago, yanksman said:

His passing #s are down from last year but not terribly so.

4 points lower comp %

Y/A down 0.7

Int % 0.4%

The biggest difference in his fantasy #s year over year is TD% (9 vs 5.6- WOW). Thats the regression everyone warned against.

Also hes rushing for 58 y/g compared to 80 y/g. People warned against that as well.

I didnt listen and regret it but his #s arent as horrible as people make him sound. A 95 QB Rating with his rushing ability and their defense is still very good. I just think last year was the outlier and this year is closer to reality going forward.

outlier/fluke. Tomato/tomato

Edited by ThreadKiller