Lamar Jackson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RG3?

I love julio, but unfortunately this isn't street fighter where he can go "yoga arms" and catch one of lamars errand passes.

Posted Images

On 11/12/2020 at 8:04 PM, TroutFister said:

pretty sure flacco won a superbowl, can throw a ball and win a playoff game. but sure yah, lamar is better at running the ball. congrats? 

saying lamar > flacco is a lot like saying taysum hill > drew brees. LOL 

Flacco had 7 TD passes in 9 games over the past 2 years, then he has his best game by QB rating since 2014 (seriously), and now he's better than last year's league MVP?

I mean I guess I've said crazy stuff on the internet before too...

14 hours ago, Illusion_J said:

Flacco had 7 TD passes in 9 games over the past 2 years, then he has his best game by QB rating since 2014 (seriously), and now he's better than last year's league MVP?

I mean I guess I've said crazy stuff on the internet before too...

we'll see who did better vs the pats. flacco or lamar in a bit. 

I hope he can recover some of his 2019 MVP form in 2nd half of this season. Seems to be rushing to make something happen in an offense that lacks any imagination. He’s a tremendous athlete & Ravens OC Roman’s play calling in 2020 is predictable at best. When Willie Snead is your “go to” option in the passing game, something has gone very, very wrong in your offensive scheme.

On 11/14/2020 at 10:46 PM, CletisVanDamme said:

Is no one getting open?  I can never tell.  It would seem with such a mobile qb, defenders would have to play up and account for the scramble, making it easier for the pass catchers to get loose...recall Vick's guys having success as a result of this but hasn't been the case this year.

Their wide receivers have trouble separating down the field. Especially up the sideline against NFL corners. 

This happened to Hollywood twice tonight. One on one with an undrafted corner and can't separate against him up the sideline. That's why Baltimore doesn't throw the ball outside the numbers more. 

It's a personnel problem that simply can't be addressed until the off season. They're just not very good at wide receiver. And now their TE Nick Boyle is out for the year. So Mark Andrews is the only TE on the roster now. 

Edited by Deuce1042
27 minutes ago, Deuce1042 said:

It's a personnel problem that simply can't be addressed until the off season. They're just not very good at wide receiver. And now their TE Nick Boyle is out for the year. So Mark Andrews is the only TE on the roster now. 

I said it all last year and it will always be the case . No quality WR will ever want this guy to be responsible for their future.  Maybe a guy that has been left outside looking in would like to be there blocking for Lamar but Nobody nor their agent would try to pair up with Lamar..  the ravens should use 4TE every play and just keep trucking teams. Not a smart team on any level. All can say is they better draft well

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Krambone said:

I said it all last year and it will always be the case . No quality WR will ever want this guy to be responsible for their future.  Maybe a guy that has been left outside looking in would like to be there blocking for Lamar but Nobody nor their agent would try to pair up with Lamar..  the ravens should use 4TE every play and just keep trucking teams. Not a smart team on any level. All can say is they better draft well

This is a self fulfilling prophecy and quite frankly I don't like that he should be have to carry this offense with Willie Snead as his best WR in order to prove that he "deserves" to have quality WRs to come play with him. Their play style would be different with different personnel. 

38 minutes ago, Deuce1042 said:

This is a self fulfilling prophecy and quite frankly I don't like that he should be have to carry this offense with Willie Snead as his best WR in order to prove that he "deserves" to have quality WRs to come play with him. Their play style would be different with different personnel. 

Their playstyle and personnel was built around Lamar tho  🤔 

1 hour ago, Krambone said:

Oh so you said this last year as well...when he broke a million records, led the league in TD passes, and won MVP???!!!  You nailed it!  This year about 75% of last years healthy contributors to that success (O-Line mostly) is gone.  He has the second worst WR's group in the league behind what his counter-part Cam has.

9 hours ago, Bing said:

Oh so you said this last year as well...when he broke a million records, led the league in TD passes, and won MVP???!!!  You nailed it!  This year about 75% of last years healthy contributors to that success (O-Line mostly) is gone.  He has the second worst WR's group in the league behind what his counter-part Cam has.

I did say it last year just like I said. Every gimmick works for a minute and after the adjustment period. Said gimmick is back to being very ordinary. Lamar is a very talented guy but a very bad thrower of the ball. In fact he’s cam 2.0    Speed , power and no touch. Now please tell me what FA WR thinks it’s a good idea to play with a QB like him. 

It's sad, but I honestly see Lamar's ceiling at this 22-24 point mark. I know he had a 28 earlier in the season, but that was before all the injuries to his line.

Pats are nearly the worst defense in the NFL and Flacco burned them the other week before Gase put through the ownership call to toss the game at the end. I know the weather was bad, but when teams take away Lamar's big run capability, it always just goes poorly for the Ravens. His WRs are so trash and it still blows my mind that the Ravens didn't try to address this in the draft or with a trade. You can tell he would benefit so much from a short/intermediate yardage safety blanket. Andrews has dropped a ton of balls this season. Hollywood can't get separation. Terrible.

Edited by harck
2 hours ago, Krambone said:

I did say it last year just like I said. Every gimmick works for a minute and after the adjustment period. Said gimmick is back to being very ordinary. Lamar is a very talented guy but a very bad thrower of the ball. In fact he’s cam 2.0    Speed , power and no touch. Now please tell me what FA WR thinks it’s a good idea to play with a QB like him. 

Like I said. If this is your take after watching that game then you can’t be helped.