Lamar Jackson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RG3?

I love julio, but unfortunately this isn't street fighter where he can go "yoga arms" and catch one of lamars errand passes.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

Is that confirmed? Definitely hurts Lamar's outlook if so.

Fairly certain if a player tests positive they have to be out 10 days. He tested positive Sunday so unfortunately there wont be enough time for him to become active.

1 minute ago, yanksman said:

Fairly certain if a player tests positive they have to be out 10 days. He tested positive Sunday so unfortunately there wont be enough time for him to become active.

I think technically the positive test occurred on Saturday and was announced on Sunday (I remember on Saturday night the Ravens announced that another player would be added to the COVID-19 list on Sunday morning and then it was announced to be MA).

• Like 1
1 minute ago, MingusDew said:

I think technically the positive test occurred on Saturday and was announced on Sunday (I remember on Saturday night the Ravens announced that another player would be added to the COVID-19 list on Sunday morning and then it was announced to be MA).

Yeah this is correct--about testing positive Sat...that means next Tues is the 10th day and he could be active as long as he is feeling good and gets a couple negative tests. Also fortunately this is a Bal home game, so we won't have the travel issue that impacted Dobbins/Ingram last week.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah this is correct--about testing positive Sat...that means next Tues is the 10th day and he could be active as long as he is feeling good and gets a couple negative tests. Also fortunately this is a Bal home game, so we won't have the travel issue that impacted Dobbins/Ingram last week.

But without practicing for two weeks its seriously doubtful hed be activated and play the same day.

2 minutes ago, yanksman said:

But without practicing for two weeks its seriously doubtful hed be activated and play the same day.

I agree with you but it's do or die for the Ravens right now. If he's eligible and he wants to go then it's possible.

Just wasn't sure if he's officially been ruled out yet. I think not.

1 minute ago, yanksman said:

Idk and don't pretend to...just have to hope we get some sort of clarity by Sun morning. I think everything is relative in this situation. Bal needs a W and they have almost no other options at TE. IF Andrews has been feeling good throughout, I don't think missed practices have much of a bearing on him--last year he missed a ton of practices and found his way to the field on gameday.

• Like 1

In one league I am locked into first and just decided rolling dice with him has no risk. I will be first regardless.

In another league I am 4th I had to choose between Mullens or Jackson. Now, in that one I am 4th and want to roll the dice to get to third to hopefully improve my chance of advancing by playing sixth team. If I don’t win no big deal because likely I would be 5th. So staying 4th doesn’t mean much difference than worst case being 5th. But getting into 3rd might offer an advantage as I’d play the 6th, which theoretically would be the weakest team getting in.

So in my case these are the reasons why I am rolling the dice and going with Jackson. But I realize the decisions are strategic this week and sometimes making low risk could work for you.

This matchup is too good to pass up, Lamar could throw for <100 yds and still put up a solid game with the rushing and tds he’s likely to garner. If you have the room sign Dalton just in case something happens and you can fire up Andy if Lamar doesn’t end up playing.

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, justinrb04 said:

This matchup is too good to pass up, Lamar could throw for <100 yds and still put up a solid game with the rushing and tds he’s likely to garner. If you have the room sign Dalton just in case something happens and you can fire up Andy if Lamar doesn’t end up playing.

Thanks for the idea. I just picked up Dalton in one league and put Jackson on IR. This way if he comes off IR then I drop Dalton and play Jackson. I would only be screwed if they take him off IR and then don’t play him. Not sure if that would make sense. You would think if they knew they weren’t gonna play him they would leave him on IR to have the extra active roster spot for someone else. 

Good fantasy day, but god did his throws look awful outside of the endzone one to Hollywood Brown. Another week with lots of over and under throws. I honestly don't know what happened to Lamar this year, his accuracy was not like this last year. This looks like year 1 Lamar. Hopefully it's just coming back from COVID jitters, but this was emblematic of how he has been throwing all year.

Edited by harck
On 12/6/2020 at 12:35 PM, justinrb04 said:

Threw for 100 and put up a good fantasy day. Good call.

It seems to me that Lamar Jackson will be pretty predictable going forward.  He will crush bad defenses like Dallas and Jacksonville, and struggle against good defenses.  Perfect platoon QB for fantasy.  

Even if he loses in the first round or the Ravens miss the playoffs, they will stick with him for at least one more year.  But they are one and done with Lamar after 2021, they are going to have to think about long term.

15 hours ago, harck said:

Good fantasy day, but god did his throws look awful outside of the endzone one to Hollywood Brown. Another week with lots of over and under throws. I honestly don't know what happened to Lamar this year, his accuracy was not like this last year. This looks like year 1 Lamar. Hopefully it's just coming back from COVID jitters, but this was emblematic of how he has been throwing all year.

Agreed.  What happened to this dude?  Last year, his volume was still low, but his throws were crisp and laser like into tight windows.  It's almost like he's forgotten how to throw.  There was a particularly bad one towards the end of the game where he escaped pressure, got out of the pocket, and then threw a ball into the ground about 4 feet in front of an open guy in the end zone.  Just awful.  Mahomes could probably have made that throw with his left hand.

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

It seems to me that Lamar Jackson will be pretty predictable going forward.  He will crush bad defenses like Dallas and Jacksonville, and struggle against good defenses.  Perfect platoon QB for fantasy.  

Even if he loses in the first round or the Ravens miss the playoffs, they will stick with him for at least one more year.  But they are one and done with Lamar after 2021, they are going to have to think about long term.

Agree.  But as we all in this forum will agree, that's not why this dude was drafted in the second round.  He's one of the biggest busts of the year in my opinion.

14 minutes ago, CooL said:

Agreed.  What happened to this dude?  Last year, his volume was still low, but his throws were crisp and laser like into tight windows.  It's almost like he's forgotten how to throw.  There was a particularly bad one towards the end of the game where he escaped pressure, got out of the pocket, and then threw a ball into the ground about 4 feet in front of an open guy in the end zone.  Just awful.  Mahomes could probably have made that throw with his left hand

That throw was so bad. Was basically a layup TD for an NFL caliber QB. Wide open WR standing in the end zone and I think he just stood there for a second or two like WTF just happened

On 12/9/2020 at 3:27 PM, owenmills said:

That throw was so bad. Was basically a layup TD for an NFL caliber QB. Wide open WR standing in the end zone and I think he just stood there for a second or two like WTF just happened

That pass was tipped by Jaylon Smith. 

The Ravens offense is so rudimentary.  It's hilarious to see NFL defenses have trouble stopping it.  It's basically a high school offense.  I'm not taking away anything from Lamar.  He's obviously a rare talent.  It's still funny.  After the first half, I believe the offense had 16 runs to 3 passes. lol

Edited by mikeflavaz
  • Like 2