NBC Sports Edge Forums

Lamar Jackson 2020 Outlook

Hes a better Tebow, Tebow even won a playoff game hah, Lamar is far more athletic obv but eerily similar in the need for passing game improvement but being able to win games anyway with a good D and run game. 

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RG3?

I love julio, but unfortunately this isn't street fighter where he can go "yoga arms" and catch one of lamars errand passes.

Posted Images

59 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Hes a better Tebow, Tebow even won a playoff game hah, Lamar is far more athletic obv but eerily similar in the need for passing game improvement but being able to win games anyway with a good D and run game. 

There is no comparison to Tebow. Lamar was the MVP last season.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, devaster said:

There is no comparison to Tebow. Lamar was the MVP last season.

Running QB with passing limitations seems pretty similar to Tebow's profile. Lamar a much better runner obv and arm talent. Hence i say a better Tebow, maybe shoulda said much better Tebow hah

Edited by kmoore1521
1 minute ago, kmoore1521 said:

Running QB with passing limitations seems pretty similar to Tebow's profile. Lamar a much better runner obv and arm talent. Hence i say a better Tebow, maybe shoulda said much better Tebow hah

Tebow bottom tier talent at QB. There is really no comparison. What about Josh Allen, Kyler Murray, Vick, Taysom Hill, etc.?

Just now, devaster said:

Tebow bottom tier talent at QB. There is really no comparison. What about Josh Allen, Kyler Murray, Vick, Taysom Hill, etc.?

I wasn't comparing their talent so ill just end this here hah

11 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

I’m sorry but comparisons between Lamar and Tim Tebow will never not be dumb. 

I’m not saying you are, but this statement is and I see it way too much. 

8 minutes ago, Deuce1042 said:

I’m sorry but comparisons between Lamar and Tim Tebow will never not be dumb. 

I’m not saying you are, but this statement is and I see it way too much. 

Everyone will stop seeing that statement once he shows he can pass, MVP season looks to have been a mirage, way too early to call and look at Josh Allens improvement, but that is the path Lamar needs to follow 

Running QB with passing limitations vs running QB with passing limitations, the name Tebow makes it an outrageous comparison for some but take the names away and that statement isn't outrageous. Different degrees of talent but same profile

Edited by kmoore1521
  • Like 1
24 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Everyone will stop seeing that statement once he shows he can pass, MVP season looks to have been a mirage, way too early to call and look at Josh Allens improvement, but that is the path Lamar needs to follow 

Running QB with passing limitations vs running QB with passing limitations, the name Tebow makes it an outrageous comparison for some but take the names away and that statement isn't outrageous. Different degrees of talent but same profile

Tim Tebow was a career 49% passer I’m not even bothering reading the rest of this. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Chippa said:

Yea, he’s a better version of Tebow

idk why this is so hard to understand lol and its not even bashing him, its evaluating his strengths and weaknesses

Edited by kmoore1521
1 hour ago, Chippa said:

Yea, he’s a better version of Tebow

So is Russell Wilson and Kyler Murray. I guess Aaron Rodgers is a better version of Jay Cutler and Pat Mahomes is a better version of Mitch Trubisky. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Deuce1042 said:

So is Russell Wilson and Kyler Murray. I guess Aaron Rodgers is a better version of Jay Cutler and Pat Mahomes is a better version of Mitch Trubisky. 

Kyler Murray and Russell Wilson are a better version of Tebow? When could Tebow ever pass like either of them? When did Lamar start passing like them? 

I know this was a sarcastic comment so wont even address the other 2 comparisons lol, its comparing playing styles and strengths weaknesses my man

Edited by kmoore1521

Greg Roman is basically incompetent in terms of implementing a passing scheme.

Also the Ravens have objectively the worst receiving corp in football.

Any, and I mean any, QB would struggle passing in that offense. You're talking about a 3-4 win team with any other QB.

I think you'll see Lamar take a big leap passing when the Ravens finally replace Roman after flushing another year down the toilet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
17 minutes ago, Finisher said:

Greg Roman is basically incompetent in terms of implementing a passing scheme.

Also the Ravens have objectively the worst receiving corp in football.

Any, and I mean any, QB would struggle passing in that offense. You're talking about a 3-4 win team with any other QB.

I think you'll see Lamar take a big leap passing when the Ravens finally replace Roman after flushing another year down the toilet.

I agree with a lot of this. I don’t know all the X’s  and O’s of football so I can’t begin to break down everything wrong with the passing game but it seems like 90% of the passes are over the middle and they refuse to make attempts to work the passing game outside the numbers. Idk if this is a LJ problem or a scheme problem. Maybe it’s just a personnel problem it seems that the only wr who can win down field in Hollywood and he’s been a real rollercoaster this year. 

I think LJ will always was be a force in the run game and the run game will always succeed with him so maybe it’s time to trade in OCs for one that a more pass friendly. 

8 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Pretty sure Tebow and Lamar Jackson have the same amount of playoff victories as starting QBs.

🤷‍♂️

ya but dang that broncos team was loaded. As soon as Peyton showed up they started breaking records. 

Everyone remembers the offense but I mean von Miller, Elvis dumervill, champ Bailey, Chris Harris jr, Derek wolf, Danny Trevathan were all on the same defense. Team shoulda won multiple Super Bowls. 

Some of you guys are exposing yourselves...there's a difference between watching the games and box score

Lamar is an accurate passer but is inconsistent due to the lack weapons on the perimeter. Once he has a legit WR1 things should change. Allen/Mahomes/Kyler/Herbert/Watson...pretty much any QB would have limitations with the Ravens offense.

2 hours ago, goke said:

Some of you guys are exposing yourselves...there's a difference between watching the games and box score

Lamar is an accurate passer but is inconsistent due to the lack weapons on the perimeter. Once he has a legit WR1 things should change. Allen/Mahomes/Kyler/Herbert/Watson...pretty much any QB would have limitations with the Ravens offense.

I agree with this from the perspective of both sides: Ravens should get a big-bodied target-hog/chain-mover at WR. At least one. Then - if Lamar fails - the excuses will be over.

I like Brown a lot and I actually think this type of move makes him pretty deadly. Brown alone, however, is not good enough and no one should ever have thought it would be. Dragging Dez freaking Bryant out of mothballs demonstrates the the Ravens - to some rudimentary level - understand what they need at the position.

I haven't closed the book on LJax just yet so this one move that makes so much damn sense "should" work. If it doesn't - no more excuses. Win-win.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Pretty sure Tebow and Lamar Jackson have the same amount of playoff victories as starting QBs.

🤷‍♂️

Which is the same amount as Deshaun Watson. Imagine that. 

Hell. Joe Flacco went to an AFC title game his first playoff run and was god awful. And they beat the Patriots by 3 scores and he went like 4/10 passing. 

Mark Sanchez went to the AFC title game twice. Sanchez > Watson apparently. 

I guess Jared Goff is better than Matt Stafford (he’s not) because he went to a SB once. 

4 hours ago, kmoore1521 said:

Kyler Murray and Russell Wilson are a better version of Tebow? When could Tebow ever pass like either of them? When did Lamar start passing like them? 

I know this was a sarcastic comment so wont even address the other 2 comparisons lol, its comparing playing styles and strengths weaknesses my man

Kyler Murray struggles throwing the ball over the middle of the field and we saw how #LetRussCook turned out *shrugs* 

On 1/18/2021 at 6:30 PM, goke said:

Lamar isn't an accurate passer. That is one of his problems. Don't quote me his completion percentage.

On 1/18/2021 at 12:18 AM, Deuce1042 said:

There's such an anti-Lamar sentiment on this forum that people don't even understand how important he is to whether their offense can consistently function. More so than the average QB. I would like anyone on this website to name a single Ravens game in 2.5 years that one of their RBs had a good day rushing and Lamar didn't. The only one I can think of is the Dolphins game in 2019 (his perfect passer rating game). Other than that you can't find one. Not a single one. 

And Baltimore only throws the ball 25 times a game (last year 27). There just isn't much room for error when you throw the ball that few times, so he basically has to be near perfect. A good Lamar Jackson game is going 17/25 for 220 yards and 2 TDs, and if it's a really good team he probably has to add 15 carries for 120 yards too. Their offense is too dependent on him. They really need to address the interior offensive line. The issues at center with the snap are unprofessional. They're terrible at right guard. They also really need a primary receiver who is a good route runner at all three levels and has proven experience. 

Baltimore's offense is more scheme over talent and even that has a ceiling. It's the cheapest and one of the youngest offenses in the NFL. Whatever this website thinks Lamar Jackson should be wouldn't fix their offense that much. He'd complete about 3 or 4 more balls in a given game that he otherwise wouldn't. Just not enough attempts. He still needs to work on his footwork and emphasize all off season getting the ball out on time. Deshaun Watson had this problem too where he held on to the ball too long waiting for stuff to develop. Interceptions throwing into tight windows in the red zone happen. Just sucks for him it happened when it did. Aaron Rodgers should've gotten picked off twice yesterday. 

The offense was built around his ability to run, not pass.  That is why it is having rapidly diminishing returns.  He had 2 carries for 3 yards vs Cincy this year.  I don't even care about that point, but you stated there wasn't another game.

Plus, it is easy for Lamar to pad rushing stats late even in a losing effort. 

Yes, they need to address their line.  Yes, he needs better receivers.  And finally, YES, he needs to throw better.  If you think Jackson is a good passing QB right now based off of his stats, I would highly recommend watching him live.  Most of the passing isn't pretty, his reading of the progressions isn't happening, and he despite being a dynamic runner he doesn't use it to open up his passing game. 

4 hours ago, Sternes said:

The offense was built around his ability to run, not pass.  That is why it is having rapidly diminishing returns.  He had 2 carries for 3 yards vs Cincy this year.  I don't even care about that point, but you stated there wasn't another game.

Plus, it is easy for Lamar to pad rushing stats late even in a losing effort. 

Yes, they need to address their line.  Yes, he needs better receivers.  And finally, YES, he needs to throw better.  If you think Jackson is a good passing QB right now based off of his stats, I would highly recommend watching him live.  Most of the passing isn't pretty, his reading of the progressions isn't happening, and he despite being a dynamic runner he doesn't use it to open up his passing game. 

No other running back even rushed for 60 yards that day so that’s not an example.