Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

Yes, I would absolutely do this trade. Goldy should perform closer to his old self in his second season in STL. he could be a one of the top offensive players in MLB with good power and rbi numbers combined with good avg and obp/ops. Rare combination these days. 

Edited by thebestpr21
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, thebestpr21 said:

Yes, I would absolutely do this trade. Goldy should perform closer to his old self in his second season in STL. he could be a one of the top offensive players in MLB with good power and rbi numbers combined with good avg and obp/ops. Rare combination these days. 

He might rebound some. But hes not the old Paul.

10 years in, last year was his worst.

He still is a 90 30 90 guy.

But the last 2 years were his highest k years, and his walk rate is dropping.

Hit .260 last year.

Add in he no longer runs.

And BA was a huge part of his game.

He went from a 5 category guy, to 3.

Hes still good. Just dont expect the old days.

I do say him and thor probably a toss up.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheTruth024 said:

Need more information.  I cant stand it when people post questions like this and dont give league specifics and current team makeup.  Hard to make an honest comment without all the pertinent information

All i am asking is do you do the trade? short. simple. Who do you value more in a dynasty league.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2020 at 9:14 PM, thebestpr21 said:

Yes, I would absolutely do this trade. Goldy should perform closer to his old self in his second season in STL. he could be a one of the top offensive players in MLB with good power and rbi numbers combined with good avg and obp/ops. Rare combination these days. 

AVG is dipping and league doesn't count OBP/OPS

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TheTruth024 said:

Need more information.  I cant stand it when people post questions like this and dont give league specifics and current team makeup.  Hard to make an honest comment without all the pertinent information

 

25 minutes ago, DodgerDan824 said:

All i am asking is do you do the trade? short. simple. Who do you value more in a dynasty league.

That is silly.  Without knowing who is on your team at the very least how can anyone say.  People told you in a simple one on one "value more" that Goldy was best and then you suddenly pipe up and argue with them and say but my pitching is thin and I can move Bellinger to 1B.  Well why didn't you say your pitching sucks and you owned Bellinger to start with?  Context is everything.

And no Noah was never Thor and never will be Thor.  New workout or whatever?  We here that crap every year about players as they meander into spring training.  When does it actually work?  The time has passed and Noah is who he is.  And injury prone but good pitcher when healthy.  But hardly an ace.

I lack context on other pitchers you may be shopping Goldy around for so don't know if I would trade him.  I certainly wouldn't for Noah.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

 

That is silly.  Without knowing who is on your team at the very least how can anyone say.  People told you in a simple one on one "value more" that Goldy was best and then you suddenly pipe up and argue with them and say but my pitching is thin and I can move Bellinger to 1B.  Well why didn't you say your pitching sucks and you owned Bellinger to start with?  Context is everything.

And no Noah was never Thor and never will be Thor.  New workout or whatever?  We here that crap every year about players as they meander into spring training.  When does it actually work?  The time has passed and Noah is who he is.  And injury prone but good pitcher when healthy.  But hardly an ace.

I lack context on other pitchers you may be shopping Goldy around for so don't know if I would trade him.  I certainly wouldn't for Noah.

What's silly? Was not "arguing" just giving my opinion.  I had just said well I can just put bellinger there and maybe keep Thor. if you ask you get an answer. no need to come off the way you are being. When someone says they can't stand it when people post questions like this it comes off as rude. Noah was great and can still be great only 27.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...