NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Spring Training Updates

Thread to house any significant Spring Training events, BSOHL stories, velocity increases / decreases, position changes, lineup construction, position battles, etc. Spring Training starts this Friday where after a long winter we will finally be able to see some live professional baseball. Here are some of the things I'll be watching:

- Nationals lineups, specifically where Victor Robles and Trea Turner are slotting in.

- Battle for roster spot for guys like Nick Madrigal, Carter Kieboom, Nick Solak.

- Battle for rotation between Josh James and Brad Peacock.

- How the Reds OF pans out.

- Health of comeback guys such as Giancarlo Stanton, Yoenis Cespedes, Matt Shoemaker, Adalberto Mondesi.

• Like 3
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

General crankiness sounds like my wife 

Live look at Astros training camp, hitters preparing for 2020 season:  

It's incredible that he's made it this far in baseball with no eyes, ears, nose, or mouth.

Posted Images

Well we got this:

Yankees manager Aaron Boone said Tuesday that Aaron Judge has "crankiness and soreness" in his right shoulder.

Judge has been dealing with the issue for a couple of weeks, though an MRI showed "not much change." He's shut down from hitting for now, but the Yankees don't think at this time that it will impact his readiness for the season. For now, he's just going to get a late start on the spring.

Source: Bryan Hoch on Twitter                Feb 18, 2020, 1:33 PM ET

I posted it mainly to see if any of you want to play doctor and define "crankiness" for me, hah.  But really if this has been going on for a couple of weeks already are there any worries at all regards said "crankiness."

Okay this is interesting.  As an owner I want all teh stolen bases I can from this guy.  Don't know if I like this proposed plan.

Trea Turner confirmed Tuesday that he has spoken to Nationals manager Dave Martinez about moving from leadoff to the No. 3 spot in the lineup.

"We'll see," said Turner. "I talked to Davey briefly about it. I thought it was kind of a joke for the last month or so. But now I guess it's somewhat serious." Martinez first mentioned the idea back in mid-January and suggested that Victor Robles could potentially step in at leadoff, with Adam Eaton presumably sticking in the No. 2 hole. Such a move would likely mean fewer runs scored for Turner and possibly fewer stolen base attempts, but he could obviously see an uptick in RBI opportunities. The situation warrants monitoring through the early part of the 2020 season as the Nats navigate somewhat unfamiliar waters following the departure of Anthony Rendon.

Source: Jesse Dougherty on Twitter               Feb 18, 2020, 5:18 PM ET

1 hour ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Forrest Whitley gained 40 lbs. by working out less.

Yeah he said it was part of his training program to work out less.  He should go into a franchise business with the "Forrest Whitley Train Less to Make the Majors" program.  Jean Segura's diet plan may have a few less takers.

And ah yes, spring training.  My favorite time of year as I hold my breath that my dynasty rosters don't get decimated by endless injuries before Opening Day.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

Who the F is Cam Hill?

LOL I had to google

Cam Hill 78 P

Cleveland Indians

• Full Name: Cameron Hill
  • Birthplace: Oklahoma City, OK
  • Bats/Throws: R/R Ht: 6' 1" Wt: 185
  • Draft: Round 17 (2014, CLE)
  • School: Redlands CC
Cam Hill
t114.png

Edited by Members_Only_76
  • Thanks 1

Mariners and Padres rained out today.  To much chagrin of the baseball community missing out on the 2 biggest loser baseball teams in mlb history squaring off.  You’ll have to wait another day to see a bunch of D- play each other.

• Haha 3