Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who is tiered and why are his rankings so important. What is this guy fantasy resume 

What a astute evaluation, your input was invaluable.

You realized the rankings are "tiered" and it's not a person's name right? And these are my own personal rankings so you can do with them what you will. They were just meant for discussion purposes.

21 minutes ago, Atomicdogg97 said:

Why not wait and roll the dice on Biggio?

 

I like him as as middle infield option, but there's definitely some serious risk banking on him as your starting 2B in a shallow league. Especially if he can't get his  batting avg. over .230.

Edited by jmcampbe11
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

 

I like him as as middle infield option, but there's definitely some serious risk banking on him as your starting 2B in a shallow league. Especially if he can't get his  batting avg. over .230.

Agreed here- on the contrary though, in OBP leagues, I would argue Biggio has a chance to end up higher that Altuve. Hot take, but that's the type of mid round draft value that wins leagues. If Biggio hits #2 behind Bo and in front of Lourdes/Vladdy, throw in a .360OBP and i don't see how 100 runs aren't feasible here. Throw in 20 steals and you've got a serious asset that can be had for cheap, and has a realistic shot to finish in your tier 2 (when talking OBP). 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Motown_Magic said:

Agreed here- on the contrary though, in OBP leagues, I would argue Biggio has a chance to end up higher that Altuve. Hot take, but that's the type of mid round draft value that wins leagues. If Biggio hits #2 behind Bo and in front of Lourdes/Vladdy, throw in a .360OBP and i don't see how 100 runs aren't feasible here. Throw in 20 steals and you've got a serious asset that can be had for cheap, and has a realistic shot to finish in your tier 2 (when talking OBP). 

 

Original post said the tiered rankings were for standard roto leagues. Thats batting avg, home runs, runs batting in, stolen bases, and runs. OBP leagues are completely different ballgame. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, Moustakas is the clear value play here.  ADP around 100 or more, but his projections about the same or better as basically all the guys going in the 3rd and 4th rounds. 

 

He's getting knocked down because of age, stale name and because RP, SP and steals get overvalued in the range he goes, but mid 30s HR, 80 R, 100 RBI and an average that shouldn't hurt you plays at pick 100.  But more importantly, IMO, is that there is a big drop off after him into the realm of unproven, uncertain or undesirable options.  Plus he gives 3B eligibility. I never pre-orchestrate a draft, but I go through the 4th round without a 2B, I'm going to target him, even if it is a round early.  Been in a few drafts where the 2B becomes an issue finding someone I trust.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, bluefrogguy said:

For me, Moustakas is the clear value play here.  ADP around 100 or more, but his projections about the same or better as basically all the guys going in the 3rd and 4th rounds. 

 

He's getting knocked down because of age, stale name and because RP, SP and steals get overvalued in the range he goes, but mid 30s HR, 80 R, 100 RBI and an average that shouldn't hurt you plays at pick 100.  But more importantly, IMO, is that there is a big drop off after him into the realm of unproven, uncertain or undesirable options.  Plus he gives 3B eligibility. I never pre-orchestrate a draft, but I go through the 4th round without a 2B, I'm going to target him, even if it is a round early.  Been in a few drafts where the 2B becomes an issue finding someone I trust.  

 

He's definitely solid value. He's usually by break glass in case of emergencies 2B pick if I miss out on the others. I've found myself drafting Hiura quite a bit too because I think there's 15 - 20 SB upside to go along with that power. I also have no problem with folks drafting Torres around 30th overall. I think you're much better off taking him then taking a 3B that early. I'd rather end up with Torres and someone like J.Turner late then Rendon (or Devers) and someone like Lowe late. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, spin doctor said:

A couple of no loves already and I have another one 

Brandon Lowe .

If he stays healthy . 

This guy can hit 25 -28 hrs

85-90 rbi

hit for a nice average 

and steal 10 bags . 

Plays in a hitters division 

don’t sleep in him 

 

More valuable in daily leagues because he cant hit against Lefties.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, spin doctor said:

A couple of no loves already and I have another one 

Brandon Lowe .

If he stays healthy . 

This guy can hit 25 -28 hrs

85-90 rbi

hit for a nice average 

and steal 10 bags . 

Plays in a hitters division 

don’t sleep in him 

Projected to bat lead-off in a good lineup so runs should be pretty solid too.  VERY underrated by some.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spin doctor said:

A couple of no loves already and I have another one 

Brandon Lowe .

If he stays healthy . 

This guy can hit 25 -28 hrs

85-90 rbi

hit for a nice average 

and steal 10 bags . 

Plays in a hitters division 

don’t sleep in him 

 

He strikes out at a very alarming rate. I think he'll be lucky to see 500 ABs with a healthy Joey Wendle back this season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

He strikes out at a very alarming rate. I think he'll be lucky to see 500 ABs with a healthy Joey Wendle back this season. 

His K rate vs lefties last year was 52.9% Hard to see him not being platooned, especially since that’s Tampa Bay’s M.O. anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Magoo said:

Newman aside (like him for floor power speed) the rest of the tier 5 guys either have massive warts or PT issues.  I'd put Schoop right there with those guys and especially over Odor.

Does downside really matter much in the pick range that has a low hit rate in the first place? Gotta start slanting just pure upside because you are meshing towards replacement level. So risk is eradicated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2020 at 8:32 AM, jmcampbe11 said:

Tiered 2B rankings for standard 10 team roto leagues. This assumes both 2B and MI starting positions are required. Some general thoughts. I really believe that Torres is a step ahead of the everyone else. The only one I see possibly challenging him for that top slot is Hiura. I'm also expecting regressions for both Altuve and Marte. I'd personally consider drafting Torres or Hiura early and if I miss out on them both of them I'd wait and happily take anyone from Tier 3 as my starting 2B. From that group I like Muncy the most. 

 

TIER 1

Torres

TIER 2

Altuve, Albies, Marte, Hiura, Villar

TIER 3

Merrifield, LeMahieu, Moustakas, McNeil, Muncy, Escobar

TIER 4

Biggio, Lux

TIER 5

Lowe, McMahon, Edman, Odor, Newan

 


Really struggling with 2B (more so than the other positions), but I made some adjustments last night. Other than catcher I think this is the shallowest position. 

TIER 1 - Torres, Albies, Altuve, Marte, Hiura

TIER 2 - Villar, Merrifield, LeMahiueu

TIER 3 - Moustakas, Muncy, Escobar, McNeil

TIER 4 - Biggio, Lux, Edman

TIER 5 - McMahon, Lowe, Hampson, Odor, Newman

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jmcampbe11 said:


Really struggling with 2B (more so than the other positions), but I made some adjustments last night. Other than catcher I think this is the shallowest position. 

TIER 1 - Torres, Albies, Altuve, Marte, Hiura

TIER 2 - Villar, Merrifield, LeMahiueu

TIER 3 - Moustakas, Muncy, Escobar, McNeil

TIER 4 - Biggio, Lux, Edman

TIER 5 - McMahon, Lowe, Hampson, Odor, Newman

 
Where would Segura fit in?

Edited by StartYourStuds
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jmcampbe11 said:

 

Just a bit concerned about the ABs / playing time. The Pereza signing didn't help either. 

 

Supposedly Chavis will be playing 2nd with Moreland at 1B against righties. Lefties, he'll be at 1B with Peraza at 2B.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...