NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who is tiered and why are his rankings so important. What is this guy fantasy resume 

What a astute evaluation, your input was invaluable.

You realized the rankings are "tiered" and it's not a person's name right? And these are my own personal rankings so you can do with them what you will. They were just meant for discussion purposes.

1 hour ago, CorreaTown said:

Any chance Ramirez regains his 2B eligibility or is he exclusively 3B now?

Not this year. Maybe 2021 when Nolan Jones comes up. Cesar Hernandez is only signed for 1 season.

How about Luis Arraez as a sleeper at 2B? Hit .334 in 366 PA as a rookie last year with an OPS well north of .800. Starting 2B in a pretty potent lineup, and just 22 years old. Might be a nice late-round flyer in an OPS league, especially dynasty. 

34 minutes ago, jnormy said:

How about Luis Arraez as a sleeper at 2B? Hit .334 in 366 PA as a rookie last year with an OPS well north of .800. Starting 2B in a pretty potent lineup, and just 22 years old. Might be a nice late-round flyer in an OPS league, especially dynasty. 

The problem is he’s a guy who profiles as high average, no power, no speed. Not OPS league. There’s zero “S” to his game.

Say he hits .315, that may come with 8 HR & 6 SB. Depending on roster construction he could hold some value assuming he’s leading off for the Twins. Like KDavis, Aquino, Buxton, Malix types, where they give you category juice and you’re looking for a stabilizer I suppose. But really doesn’t offer much else.

On 2/25/2020 at 11:31 AM, jmcampbe11 said:

Really struggling with 2B (more so than the other positions), but I made some adjustments last night. Other than catcher I think this is the shallowest position. 

TIER 1 - Torres, Albies, Altuve, Marte, Hiura

TIER 2 - Villar, Merrifield, LeMahiueu

TIER 3 - Moustakas, Muncy, Escobar, McNeil

TIER 4 - Biggio, Lux, Edman

TIER 5 - McMahon, Lowe, Hampson, Odor, Newman

I definitely would have Chavis ahead of the Tier 5 crowd.  Lux will be higher than the Tier 4.

On 3/1/2020 at 1:55 PM, jnormy said:

Would much rather take a flyer on someone like Madrigal, who can potentially steal 20-30 bases.

On 3/2/2020 at 8:05 AM, The Big Bat Theory said:

I definitely would have Chavis ahead of the Tier 5 crowd.  Lux will be higher than the Tier 4.

How does Chavis have more upside then McMahon? And I haven't seen any news where the Dodgers officially commit to Lux as their starter (full time). If that happens it might be justifiable to move him up. 

On 3/1/2020 at 4:55 PM, jnormy said:

I think he's worth a late round flyer, but he's coming off an injury and projects to provide batting average and little else. 

14 hours ago, jmcampbe11 said:

How does Chavis have more upside then McMahon? And I haven't seen any news where the Dodgers officially commit to Lux as their starter (full time). If that happens it might be justifiable to move him up. 

Chavis has 30 homer potential easily.  Possible more.  And yes Lux is the Dodgers everyday 2B.

17 hours ago, jmcampbe11 said:

How does Chavis have less upside? Seems pretty equal. High K% guys with power. McMahon approach is more refined, but more of a worm killer then Chavis.

Lowe has higher upside then either though IMO. He puts the ball in the air a lot more and might end up stealing 10 bags. So i'd put him no 1 in tier 5 out of the High K% Power group you have there. (Newman/Hampson being the contrast to them if you aim was speed)

8 hours ago, Slatykamora said:

How does Chavis have less upside? Seems pretty equal. High K% guys with power. McMahon approach is more refined, but more of a worm killer then Chavis.

Lowe has higher upside then either though IMO. He puts the ball in the air a lot more and might end up stealing 10 bags. So i'd put him no 1 in tier 5 out of the High K% Power group you have there. (Newman/Hampson being the contrast to them if you aim was speed)

Lowe has playing time concerns (for me). 

On 2/19/2020 at 9:16 AM, jmcampbe11 said:

I'm not a big fan, but have no problem adding him to the bottom tier. I personally don't think he'll show enough power or speed to be rostered in shallow leagues. 

Who plays shallow leagues? 12-15 team min for fantasy baseball purposes. Arraez could win the batting title and is a tremendous boost for BA in leagues. 

On 3/2/2020 at 6:16 PM, Atomicdogg97 said:

Is Gaven Lux going to be a starter for the Dodgers?

Hard to know for show since Roberts said it’s not a lock but I would think as long as he breaks camp he’ll start on strong side platoon. Taylor/Hernandez both will play against LHP semi regularly which means Lux will at best lose ABs to them. 

9 hours ago, Magoo said:

Hard to know for show since Roberts said it’s not a lock but I would think as long as he breaks camp he’ll start on strong side platoon. Taylor/Hernandez both will play against LHP semi regularly which means Lux will at best lose ABs to them. 

Which would be ridiculous if they do that.  Last thing you do with a young and an extremely talented player is stunt his growth with a platoon.

24 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Which would be ridiculous if they do that.  Last thing you do with a young and an extremely talented player is stunt his growth with a platoon.

Joc Pederson treatment makes this virtually a lock lol

My main long running league drafts in three weeks. I can't promise you that Keston Hiura won't be my no. 1 ranked 2B before then. Each and every day I have to fight the urge to rank him no. 1 overall. I'm expected Torres's 2019 power number plus 15ish steals. He's going to be an absolute beast and a top15 draft pick in 2021. 

• Like 1