NBC Sports Edge Forums

BELLINGER BLOCKBUSTER WHIR

I feel like bellinger and ketel are both very young and established guys.  Ketel even has multiple position elii in most cases but the key word here is established!!! I think it's safe to say that bellinger and ketel have both arrived in force and Robert and Vlad are still developing.... It's still up in the air there's two prospects will be as good better or worse than bellinger and ketel so if it were me.id go with the sure things for now

• Thanks 1

It's a case of, do you want to win the battle (this year), or win the war (next 10 years)?

I'm a war guy myself.

Vlad is semi established.

Same ops+ as Aaron, May's at age 20.

If Vlad went .290 90 30 90, it wouldn't surprise me.

Ketal is a good player. But 2 years ago, he was a maybe. I dont see his power staying that high again, given his hr/ fb ratio.

Cody side wins this year.

After that, I'm not so sure.

• Thanks 1

I would take this imo

Marte is very underrated and Bellinger is a top 5 dynasty asset.  Vlad and Robert could be, very well, so it could hurt you down the line but Bellinger is also 24.  So you’re really not sacrificing much in age.

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, HOOTIE said:

It's a case of, do you want to win the battle (this year), or win the war (next 10 years)?

I'm a war guy myself.

Vlad is semi established.

Same ops+ as Aaron, May's at age 20.

If Vlad went .290 90 30 90, it wouldn't surprise me.

Ketal is a good player. But 2 years ago, he was a maybe. I dont see his power staying that high again, given his hr/ fb ratio.

Cody side wins this year.

After that, I'm not so sure.

Pretty much this. Good now but a loss in the long run.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think I would do this, especially if you are in win now mode. Belli is established and one of the top 5 hitters in the league, will one of those 2 get to top 5 in 2 years? maybe..... but I'd take the established guy

• Like 1

Once you said you were in "win now" mode, that should have answered your question right there.  I would make the trade for sure, as you are getting the proven All Stars, rather than the potential All Stars.  And its not like Bellinger and Marte are old.  Neither are older than 26.  Take the proven young studs and win now.  I mean realistically, what is the best case for Vlad Jr?  He becomes what Bellinger is right now, right? Maybe a little higher Avg, but thats about it

• Like 1