NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jose Berrios 2020 Outlook

Some people will say he's undervalued this year...

Some people will say he's overvalued...

The pitcherlist, hates him, and has him ranked 35th out of all the pitchers.

What say you? 

Going to need to develop another pitch before he takes any steps forward.  I’m close to capping him as he is what he is with potential to take a step back.  His changeup hasn’t developed much, curve took a step back, he’s some fastball bad luck away from ballooning to a 4+ era.  Nice having Tigers and Royals in division though.  I was all in last year and wasn’t overly impressed.  He’s young enough to make the improvements, but with White Sox being better he’s going to have a tougher division.  Last year he had 3 bottom 10 offenses in baseball in division.  There’s arms going behind him I like more.  

35 isn’t really “hate”.  

There could be another level.  He’s 25.  Always seems to be solid the first half of the year, then sucks in the 2nd.  Also sucks the deeper he pitches into games.  If he can fix those problems he could be an ace.  Or maybe he’s just someone you roster in 1h then trade at the asb

6 hours ago, kidtwentytwo said:

35 isn’t really “hate”.  

There could be another level.  He’s 25.  Always seems to be solid the first half of the year, then sucks in the 2nd.  Also sucks the deeper he pitches into games.  If he can fix those problems he could be an ace.  Or maybe he’s just someone you roster in 1h then trade at the asb

I agree, I will take a chance on his upside at the 25-35 range

I like the upside. He was really good last year, minus a couple starts he had some horrible luck.  Think he can lower the ERA to the 3.25 range or so. Twins should be good, so a good bet for 15 wins or so.  About a strikeout per inning guy.

• 5 months later...
8 hours ago, StephenCurryIsABaller said:

Does he turn it around this year? I’m not feeling great, I might try to sell him on name value.

I get this but starters need to be rostered for Ks and wins which can be difficult to come by.   

He should get those.

• 4 weeks later...