NBC Sports Edge Forums

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion

3 minutes ago, TribeFoo said:

We are proceeding. I'm assuming the rest of ST will be cancelled and the start of the season delayed, but I don't really see how player values are hugely changed.

Guys like Judge, Stanton, Clevinger, and JV certainly change, off the top of my head. 
What if someone catches the virus, but it seems contained and they play, but that player is out? 
Really a lot can change. I just alerted my league that we are canceling and will draft closer to the start of the season, if delayed. There’s a reason we don’t draft in February.

• Like 1
  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Crazy with no sports. Talked to my wife last night.  Apparently works in HR. Nice girl. 

Giancarlo Stanton just sprained his wrist washing his hands

This is the rant of someone who’s never had to sacrifice anything or even think about anyone other than themself. Just grotesque.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Guys like Judge, Stanton, Clevinger, and JV certainly change, off the top of my head. 
What if someone catches the virus, but it seems contained and they play, but that player is out? 
Really a lot can change. I just alerted my league that we are canceling and will draft closer to the start of the season, if delayed. There’s a reason we don’t draft in February.

Players already injured are a fair point. I dunno, this draft is like the only positive thing happening right now...haha.

Edit: I should have also mentioned that it's a contract league supplemental draft and we're almost done. All the big names are long gone.

Edited by TribeFoo
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, TribeFoo said:

Players already injured are a fair point. I dunno, this draft is like the only positive thing happening right now...haha.

Edit: I should have also mentioned that it's a contract league supplemental draft and we're almost done. All the big names are long gone.

Fair. Yes, it does seem like some fun and “normalcy” is in need. 

40 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

You were not alone so many people didn’t want to believe this virus could get this bad especially here in the USA. 
Welcome home. Were people worried that live in the Bahamas? Any confirmed cases? 

I heard that monstrous 4.1 KM asteroid changed direction. 

Yeah there are confirmed cases down there, seems like mostly students returning from China and were immediately quarantined. People on the island are worried, mostly as it relates to their livelihoods--as tourism IS their economy.

Good news about that asteroid, I will take any good news right about now.

24 minutes ago, charger_ss24 said:

Wow, was this planned I’m advanced, or was this spur of the moment?

Trips are insanely cheap right now. My wife and I seriously considered taking a honeymoon (married three weeks ago) on a cruise. Five nights from Galveston for two around $500 and round trip flights to Houston from Denver was $67!

The deciding factor wasn’t so much being exposed to the virus (we did take that into consideration) but we didn’t want to get stuck somewhere for “x” amount of time with our kids at home.

Yeah we had it planned since early Dec.

I don't think there would be an amount of $ I'd consider to hop on a cruise ship right about now. Everything is on the verge of shutting down completely. 

• Like 1

This has practically taken away every hobby I enjoy lol.  Ncaa march madness, fantasy hoops, fantasy baseball. But compared to people sick or losing loved ones, I can't complain about losing my hobbies. 

• Like 6
13 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

needed to happen.

cant say i agree.  but since we dont have all the info i understand.

so does this mean they will just cut 30 games off the schedule or are they going to be playing baseball on Christmas?

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

cant say i agree.  but since we dont have all the info i understand.

so does this mean they will just cut 30 games off the schedule or are they going to be playing baseball on Christmas?

depends how bad it gets. not sure how the weather would factor in

5 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

This has practically taken away every hobby I enjoy lol.  Ncaa march madness, fantasy hoops, fantasy baseball. But compared to people sick or losing loved ones, I can't complain about losing my hobbies. 

Perspective is always good.

Shortened season seems like the likeliest outcome to me. Impossible to say how many games we will lose without knowing when the virus will recede. I get the big picture, but I am still seriously bummed.

• Like 1

i legit have no hobbies except baseball.  i mean i lift weights about 3-4 times a week but now im wondering if i should even go to the gym and touch the weights

cant wait for Rotoworld Mock 17: Corona Madness

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
5 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

i legit have no hobbies except baseball.  i mean i lift weights about 3-4 times a week but now im wondering if i should even go to the gym and touch the weights

If your not like 45 or up or have health issues, dont change your daily life, youll be fine, if your a cautious person do what you gotta do tho

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

I hear you. I have an 18 month old so I'm practically house-stricken outside of work anyway, but my main hobbies are baseball (fantasy and live games), movies (yeah...), and the gym (yeah....). So, I basically have no hobbies now! Hopefully it will be short-lived, but the idea of being trapped at home with depressing cable news or other junk shows rather than baseball is a downer.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, TribeFoo said:

Shortened season seems like the likeliest outcome to me. Impossible to say how many games we will lose without knowing when the virus will recede.

Will be tricky with scheduling. Obviously teams will have to play inner-division teams same number of times.

I counted 33 games scheduled (Rays) through April.. I would assume they'd be playing before May. JMO