Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, treyjuice said:

How’s everyone dealing with this as far as their drafts go? Mine is scheduled for next Wednesday, it’s an online thing but we have 18 owners and this date was agreed upon a month ago. If we push it back there may be an owner or two who can’t make the new date which would be unfortunate and put them at a disadvantage. If we do it now besides the fact guys won’t have a grip on spring training It just feels like it will be a little uninspired considering we don’t know when opening day will be pushed back until. 

 

I'm in the same boat.  14 team league and impossible to get the group to agree on a date.  I've always just said, "the draft is the last Sat before Opening Day and that's it, so schedule around it".  So, I just notified my league mates that we're planning on keeping it next Saturday because it would be too difficult to reschedule and we don't even really know when Opening Day will be anyway.  Sure, there's more injury risk, but so be it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Crazy with no sports. Talked to my wife last night.  Apparently works in HR. Nice girl. 

Giancarlo Stanton just sprained his wrist washing his hands

This is the rant of someone who’s never had to sacrifice anything or even think about anyone other than themself. Just grotesque.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Cmilne23 said:

Only silver lining of a shortened season is Mariners might only lose 100 games on dot and not set mlb record for most losses in a season.  

I’m honestly surprised it took you this long to post this!

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am now lumping people who compare this with the regular old flu and can't understand the difference w/ anti-vaxxers and flat-earthers.

I guess some people need to walk the streets of their town in the middle of the day seeing nearly everything shuttered (we are probably less than 2 weeks from this in the US) before they believe what is happening is serious.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IceGoat said:

 

China shouldn't be commended for anything. Were it not for them, the world would not be on fire right now. Folks are quick to levy criticism towards our current administration (and perhaps deservedly so) but, at the same time, chary about levying criticism at the Chinese government. Their first course of action was to eradicate the negative press associated with the disease than the disease itself. 

So you only want the press to report positive things about this?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

So you only want the press to report positive things about this?

 

No, the criticism is misdirected and I was referring to the Chinese government attempting to eradicate the negative press at outset. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, sleepysock said:

I am now lumping people who compare this with the regular old flu and can't understand the difference w/ anti-vaxxers and flat-earthers.

I guess some people need to walk the streets of their town in the middle of the day seeing nearly everything shuttered (we are probably less than 2 weeks from this in the US) before they believe what is happening is serious.

 

Comparing this to the flu certainly seems wrong. By all accounts it will be much worse than our worst flu outbreak. That being said, the panic is also making it worse than it should be. Economically this will hit most of us way worse than actually getting the virus. Can't imagine how many businesses will close down and jobs will be lost. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

 

I'm in the same boat.  14 team league and impossible to get the group to agree on a date.  I've always just said, "the draft is the last Sat before Opening Day and that's it, so schedule around it".  So, I just notified my league mates that we're planning on keeping it next Saturday because it would be too difficult to reschedule and we don't even really know when Opening Day will be anyway.  Sure, there's more injury risk, but so be it.

Same boat. Ours is this Sat. Have a guy flying in who usually does remotely. Now he is having 2nd thoughts. No way Im changing and trying to pick another date for 14 guys. Just have to wait it out. Will have a lot of time to stare at the WW.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

 

Comparing this to the flu certainly seems wrong. By all accounts it will be much worse than our worst flu outbreak. That being said, the panic is also making it worse than it should be. Economically this will hit most of us way worse than actually getting the virus. Can't imagine how many businesses will close down and jobs will be lost. 

I agree to this by an extent.  I think as this goes on, the death rate will reduce, but if it continues to spread we could see Spanish Flu level casualties which is extremely regrettable.  Economically this really sucks.  I had symptoms, tried to get tested for it and was rebuked at my PCP's office.  I work in a job now that has a lot of contact in people's homes, my work will not allow me to come back until my fever has been completely gone for 48 hours.  I've now been off for almost two weeks.  They refuse to test, even though I live in Washington, unless I have either had direct contact with someone infected who has been confirmed, or if I had traveled to one of the countries on the ban list right now.  It's ridiculous.  I don't know if I should purely stay at home, or what I'm supposed to really do.  Doctor didn't even tell me to self-quarantine despite being near several hot spots. The economy is gonna hit at least a regression with the gross possibility of a depression.  A lot of smaller businesses are about to go under without a stimulus package, and that will cause a major drain on the economy, right at another big boom in housing.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

I can only hope there is hope for Stanton/judge team

You’d need cream and the clear to be legalized to have hope there.

Edited by Cmilne23
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, B&F said:

I really have almost lost interest in fantasy this season due to the virus.  

I need someone to pick m up.  

Baseball in cold weather sucks anyways. Warm weather will make everything better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 89Topps said:

 

I'm in the same boat.  14 team league and impossible to get the group to agree on a date.  I've always just said, "the draft is the last Sat before Opening Day and that's it, so schedule around it".  So, I just notified my league mates that we're planning on keeping it next Saturday because it would be too difficult to reschedule and we don't even really know when Opening Day will be anyway.  Sure, there's more injury risk, but so be it.

It looks like we are postponing until MLB gives some kind of start estimate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 6Kill said:

Well this didn't age well

I don't see why not. Like I said the hysteria is ridiculous and the only way COVID-19 affects the session is if MLB caves to the hysteria, which what they did. 

1400 sick out of 330 million and the entire country shuts down. 

Plenty of necessary actions and measures have been taken, but shutting down all major sports and any gathering is an absolute joke. 

People have lost their minds, it's pathetic.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

I don't see why not. Like I said the hysteria is ridiculous and the only way COVID-19 affects the session is if MLB caves to the hysteria, which what they did. 

1400 sick out of 330 million and the entire country shuts down. 

Plenty of necessary actions and measures have been taken, but shutting down all major sports and any gathering is an absolute joke. 

People have lost their minds, it's pathetic.


Not sure if serious. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, duke of queens said:

Same boat. Ours is this Sat. Have a guy flying in who usually does remotely. Now he is having 2nd thoughts. No way Im changing and trying to pick another date for 14 guys. Just have to wait it out. Will have a lot of time to stare at the WW.

My keeper league is still drafting sunday night. Then we can work on trades while we wait.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 89Topps said:

 

I'm in the same boat.  14 team league and impossible to get the group to agree on a date.  I've always just said, "the draft is the last Sat before Opening Day and that's it, so schedule around it".  So, I just notified my league mates that we're planning on keeping it next Saturday because it would be too difficult to reschedule and we don't even really know when Opening Day will be anyway.  Sure, there's more injury risk, but so be it.

 Same

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, duke of queens said:

Same boat. Ours is this Sat. Have a guy flying in who usually does remotely. Now he is having 2nd thoughts. No way Im changing and trying to pick another date for 14 guys. Just have to wait it out. Will have a lot of time to stare at the WW.

Same.

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

I don't see why not. Like I said the hysteria is ridiculous and the only way COVID-19 affects the session is if MLB caves to the hysteria, which what they did. 

1400 sick out of 330 million and the entire country shuts down. 

Plenty of necessary actions and measures have been taken, but shutting down all major sports and any gathering is an absolute joke. 

People have lost their minds, it's pathetic.

No it’s 1400 REPORTED sick. Hospitals and primary care physicians here in Washington don’t have very many tests. Kaiser is finding severe cases by using chest X-rays to find pneumonia. The amount of infected individuals is GROSSLY unrepresented. Even people with pneumonia present aren’t being tested unless they die from said pneumonia. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...