NBC Sports Edge Forums

5th Year $500 12 Team Redraft ESPN 5x5 H2H League

This is our 5th year running this league, it’s a redraft league with 5x5 scoring and H2H daily scoring.

The buy-in is $500, you can share a team with a friend if you want to split the cost, but you cannot have separate teams as we do not want an ounce of collusion in this league.

100% of the money is paid out.

Top 6 teams make the playoffs, top 2 teams at the end of the season get a first round bye.

https://fantasy.espn.com/baseball/league?leagueId=643

Draft is Sunday March 15th at 9pm ET.

Draft order is randomized after the league is full and everyone has paid.

Payouts are as followed, all payments are made and held through leaguesafe:

1st- $3000

2nd- $1500

3rd- $1000

4th-$500

Its a very competitive league as you can imagine, looking for owners who like to trade and are going to be active daily and all year long.

2 hours ago, Bcollins1028 said:

First come first serve, I can send you an invite if you want one!

Oh wait. I thought there was only one opening remaining.  If there’s multiple slots available I think I might be able to take one.  

Where I’ll be at that Sunday I might not have access to a computer.  Is drafting via the app just as easy as via the regular site?

Email for an invite is sps82088@yahoo.com

Edited by Magnus88
1 hour ago, Bcollins1028 said:

Still have an opening!

Any chance you can change batting average to OBP for scoring categories?  Also I noticed you have five offensive categories and seven pitching categories.  Don't think I've ever seen more of one than the other.

1 hour ago, Magnus88 said:

Any chance you can change batting average to OBP for scoring categories?  Also I noticed you have five offensive categories and seven pitching categories.  Don't think I've ever seen more of one than the other.

We can discuss with the league if everyone is okay with changing to OBP. We have always played BA. You must have seen it wrong, we play standard scoring, pitching is 5 categories. K, W, SV, ERA, WHIP.

23 minutes ago, Bcollins1028 said:

We can discuss with the league if everyone is okay with changing to OBP. We have always played BA. You must have seen it wrong, we play standard scoring, pitching is 5 categories. K, W, SV, ERA, WHIP.

Any chance you can survey the owners in your league about a possible switch to OBP?

I’m open to signing up within the next day or so if you can switch to OBP.  Otherwise I would have to overhaul my positional player drafting thought process.

I’d love to switch from wins to quality starts too.  But I won’t get too greedy asking for changes.

7 hours ago, Bcollins1028 said:

I think people want to stick with AVG because it’s what we have had the last 5 years, I am very sorry.

we still have a few openings!

I’m surprised.  OBP is a much more complete stat, and has overtaken BA as being emphasized more during games.