NBC Sports Edge Forums

Miguel Andujar 2020 Outlook

He's been heating up.  Making a lot of contact.  Earlier in the season he wasn't making contact lots of whiffs.  When he's making contact the pitchers in trouble.  He's hitting .500 in September over like 10 ABs.  In the lineup tonight and I expect him to be in there everyday with Urshela out.  I needed a hitter and I scooped him over some of the mediocre guys available.  Lets go Andy!!

• Like 1
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it really that ridiculous of an ask? As you said, Andujar can't even crack the Yankees infield. Very overrated plyer IMO and Matz is still relatively young and under control. Maybe the Mets have to

Urshela = Top 3 defense at 3B.  .889 OPS in 2019.  [...]  If that's not strength at 3B then what is? Voit/Ford - Great L/R combination.  Why on earth would the Yankees want to displace one of tho

2 hours ago, MrBrown said:

HR tonight. Don't say I didn't warn ya.

Been monitoring him since he was brought back up.  I was really excited by what he did as a rookie, but then he got pushed out of their lineup and off the roster.  He's definitely an intriguing pickup, especially since he's facing the same two bad pitching staffs this week as he did last week.

People might be late to the party like I am, but better late than never I guess.  Not saying he's going to be a league winner, but he could definitely be helpful over the last 3 weeks.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

Been monitoring him since he was brought back up.  I was really excited by what he did as a rookie, but then he got pushed out of their lineup and off the roster.  He's definitely an intriguing pickup, especially since he's facing the same two bad pitching staffs this week as he did last week.

People might be late to the party like I am, but better late than never I guess.  Not saying he's going to be a league winner, but he could definitely be helpful over the last 3 weeks.

Maybe. but with the Yanks offense doing their impersonation of a bad A-ball squad, their relief corp imploding, their starting pitching being suspect and their manager doing his best Captain Peachfuzz impersonation, at this point I would not bet on any of their hitters beyond LaMahieu, Voit, Frazier and Urshella.  You know they have hit a new low when they lose 3 of 4 in Camden Yards to the O's and can't hit Oriole pitching while doing it.

Andujar has no place to play and his defense is laughable.  And Boone insists on resting people and getting ABs for the likes of Mike Ford despite them running 5-6 sub Mendoza line hitters out there each night...can't see how he plays regularly unless he starts tearing the cover off the ball. 

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, secretagentman said:

Maybe. but with the Yanks offense doing their impersonation of a bad A-ball squad, their relief corp imploding, their starting pitching being suspect and their manager doing his best Captain Peachfuzz impersonation, at this point I would not bet on any of their hitters beyond LaMahieu, Voit, Frazier and Urshella.  You know they have hit a new low when they lose 3 of 4 in Camden Yards to the O's and can't hit Oriole pitching while doing it.

Andujar has no place to play and his defense is laughable.  And Boone insists on resting people and getting ABs for the likes of Mike Ford despite them running 5-6 sub Mendoza line hitters out there each night...can't see how he plays regularly unless he starts tearing the cover off the ball. 

Like KingJoffrey said, he has a place to play regularly since Urshela is out.  If they ever get fully healthy, then things become difficult again, but that's a big IF at this point of the season.  So, at the very least, he's worth using for now.

A double for Andujar in his first AB tonight! Continues his hot hitting. I have no idea how he's batting 8th tonight behind Tauchman and Sanchez, thats just ridiculous.  Boone's gotta go.

As for the people saying he has no place to play or whatever else...lol.  He's also played good defense he only made one bad play this year which was a bad throw that he shouldn't have made.

Edited by MrBrown

Boone wants him in reserve

Boone, “ [learn] to “survive and thrive” in a reserve roll. “So I wouldn’t say it’s out of the question [for Andujar], but it is a challenge.”

The last time Andujar made an error Boone ripped him in the post game.  The time prior to that he got pulled.  Andujar seems to be stuck at DH.  All the pre-season talk about him playing LF, 3B, even taking balls at 1B vanished once everyone got healthy.  He's living on borrowed time until Stanton & Judge return. The NY press and websites don't help.  Every article I read is/was dismissive of him with minimal opportunity.  I know its a short season but he'd get sent to the alternate site and boom, Fantrax: "He has struggled mightily in a tiny sample this year, hitting .095 with four strikeouts, one walk and zero extra-base hits in 21 at-bats. When he is not providing anything at the plate, the Yankees have enough quality depth to make do without Andujar, especially given his defensive deficiencies." 

The only way he gets playing time is if he really starts mashing. Difficult to do while looking over your shoulder all the time.  

Yardbreaker also hates Andujar

Reserve third baseman Miguel Andujar curated another silly error from his former position

Edited by Morat
13 minutes ago, Morat said:

Boone wants him in reserve

Boone, “ [learn] to “survive and thrive” in a reserve roll. “So I wouldn’t say it’s out of the question [for Andujar], but it is a challenge.”

The last time Andujar made an error Boone ripped him in the post game.  The time prior to that he got pulled.  Andujar seems to be stuck at DH.  All the pre-season talk about him playing LF, 3B, even taking balls at 1B vanished once everyone got healthy.  He's living on borrowed time until Stanton & Judge return. The NY press and websites don't help.  Every article I read is/was dismissive of him with minimal opportunity.  I know its a short season but he'd get sent to the alternate site and boom, Fantrax: "He has struggled mightily in a tiny sample this year, hitting .095 with four strikeouts, one walk and zero extra-base hits in 21 at-bats. When he is not providing anything at the plate, the Yankees have enough quality depth to make do without Andujar, especially given his defensive deficiencies." 

The only way he gets playing time is if he really starts mashing. Difficult to do while looking over your shoulder all the time.  

Yardbreaker also hates Andujar

Reserve third baseman Miguel Andujar curated another silly error from his former position

The fact that Boone said that on that "error" is mind boggling.  Shows how clueless he is also. That should've never been charged as an error in the first place.  It was a difficult play for Andujar or Wade to make.  Even if it was fielded by Wade he was unlikely to get the runner.

1 hour ago, Ultraa said:

Let's be honest when you're hitting 6th or worse you're unplayable.

So, you wouldn't be playing a Top 5 2B (at least in some player raters) like Jake Cronenworth just because he hits 6th?  Obviously a prime lineup spot is always preferred, but if a player produces, that is what matters rather than where he bats.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gonna be even more of a headache for both Andujar and Frazier once Judge and Stanton are back.  The former should at least be playing 3B until Urshela is back.  Pretty ridiculous that Estrada and Wade are still getting starts, but I guess better defense at 3B is a priority over Miguel's bat at this point.  Only way to explain liking DJ there more and putting out very weak options at 2B.