NBC Sports EDGE Forums

A.J. Green 2020 Outlook

On 7/17/2020 at 12:10 PM, Impreza178 said:

Occupying space is short sighted.  AJG is a master of the position and the perfect mentor for tee Higgins and Auden Tate.   He’s also a lock for 1000 yards barring another major injury-  which is of course the rub....as you identified.  

The time to deal him would have been before the trade deadline in 2019 imo 

🤔 that’s a reach if I’ve ever seen one, he barely has 120yds thru 4 games.

1 hour ago, Tomei7 said:

🤔 that’s a reach if I’ve ever seen one, he barely has 120yds thru 4 games.

65 yards a game going forward isn't that far fetched. If he happens to have like a 140 yard + game once that number would only need to be 55-60 yards per game average to hit 1000 for the season. Not saying he will but it's not really that extreme

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

65 yards a game going forward isn't that far fetched. If he happens to have like a 140 yard + game once that number would only need to be 55-60 yards per game average to hit 1000 for the season. Not saying he will but it's not really that extreme

You could say that about any WR in the league.. I’ll take the under, thanks.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

My mouse is over the drop button but I'm scared to click it.

I think it's just his name that is scaring me from doing it.

Needs to be someone that isn't a flyer for me... his qb is too good to drop the possibility of him returning to form... he is on the field he will get some this year...

• Like 1

I owned AJ the last few years in various leagues and hes been washed up for a good while now. 2 and 3 years ago he would fall off hard later in the season and disappear and thats not even including the injuries. Not sure why ppl are counting on this guy as a wr2/3. I picked up higgins everywhere i could counting on this guy to get replaced by him. Its been all name since 2017

Edited by Brh1219
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Brh1219 said:

I owned AJ the last few years in various leagues and hes been washed up for a good while now. 2 and 3 years ago he would fall off hard later in the season and disappear and thats not even including the injuries. Not sure why ppl are counting on this guy as a wr2/3. I picked up higgins everywhere i could counting on this guy to get replaced by him. Its been all name since 2017

☝️ This guy knows what he’s talking about, don’t fall for the fried ice cream fellas. AJG is toast.

3 hours ago, Brh1219 said:

The numbers don't agree with you.

2018 - WR8 (played half the year)

2017 - WR10

2016 - injured

2015 - WR8

So yeah  he hasn't been washed for years. He's been dealing with injuries for years. When healthy he's always been a WR1 and has never dropped off until this year.

• Like 1

He may have been ranked that high those seasons but find the break down of his per week stats. His consistency rating was awful.  Alot of his points were loaded into just a handful of big games everything else was 5/60 and worse. He wasnt someone you could count on then and he def isnt now

Edited by Brh1219

Giving him a couple more weeks. Dropped him then picked him back up.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/10/10/21509690/bengals-stats-tyler-boyd-a-j-green-will-hit-1000-yards

My eyes make it difficult to believe this as anything more than supportive drivel but maybe they know something we don't. If so, I want to hold the keys. If these down games continue for a couple more weeks, it's time to cut bait. Costs nothing at this point but a bench spot. But I understand some teams are stretched thin by injuries and COVID cases. 

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo

15 minutes ago, Brh1219 said:

He may have been ranked that high those seasons but find the break down of his per week stats. His consistency rating was awful.  Alot of his points were loaded into just a handful of big games everything else was 5/60 and worse. He wasnt someone you could count on then and he def isnt now

Many wr1s were like that. Julio comes into mind.