NBC Sports EDGE Forums

A.J. Green 2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

Correct. The worst injury of his career was a high ankle sprain -- same injury Michael Thomas and Cmac are dealing with. As a fantasy gamer I hate relying on platitudes and intangibles. I wish everything could be measured and analyzed on the field. Cause nothing is wrong with Green's game fundamentally. Earlier in the year Burrows force fed him the ball and the stats say he's getting the same separation as ever.

Some things just can't be measured. Maybe the nagging injuries have caught up to him mentally. That and being stuck on a franchise that for 10 years did nothing for him. His head isn't in it and that's evidenced by stuff like game-losing OPI's, giving up on plays and performing terribly. It's a sad situation that the Bengals' franchise finally has hope and Green is dealing with something internally. 

Good points. Looking on his game film, he pretty much looks the same to me, maybe a very slight lesser version. He looks far from washed.

He needs to get on same page with Burrow and Taylor needs to draw some of those plays that worked for Green in the past. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mrfrood said:

Good points. Looking on his game film, he pretty much looks the same to me, maybe a very slight lesser version. He looks far from washed.

He needs to get on same page with Burrow and Taylor needs to draw some of those plays that worked for Green in the past. 

I am not giving up on him

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mrfrood said:

For sure. At this stage I can't be confident that will happen but there's stuff like this to give hope:

Burrow shared similar thoughts, stressing that both he and Green are still trying to get on the same page, according to The Athletic’s Paul Dehner Jr.: “We need some better chemistry. We do. It’s a work in progress and we are going to get it right.”

Joe Burrow on how he can get A.J. Green more involved in the offense: "A.J. is a great player and I'm going to continue to try to get him the ball." Said it's important to get him going.

Both quotes from after Week 5. https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/10/14/joe-burrow-zac-taylor-dont-sound-concerned-aj-green/

7 hours ago, ThunderDan said:

Ppl still believe in AJ green? I jumped off the bandwagon in week three and thought I was last one. Guess I didnt see the hardcore junkies hiding in the corners

Eventually us hardcore junkies will eventually get an overdose.. 

• Like 2

Predicting a big week for AJ. Finally.............

Green (hamstring) doesn't have a designation for Sunday's game in Indianapolis, Jay Morrison of The Athletic reports.

Analysis: After opening the week with back-to-back LP listings on the practice report, Green elevated to full participation Friday, per Geoff Hobson of the Bengals' official site. It appears Green will be able to gut out his tweaked left hamstring from this past Sunday versus the Ravens, which limited him to a season-low 42 percent of the snaps on offense. He'll look to bounce back to his typical 60-75 percent snap share against a Colts defense that has given up the second-fewest receiving yards per game (136.8) to wideouts this season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

AJ Green still a possible trade target for New England. I would be surprised it doesnt happen by deadline....

Every Patriots local TV/Radio talks about Pats perhaps trading for AJ.

Edited by SyNdicateZ
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Predicting a big week for AJ. Finally.............

Green (hamstring) doesn't have a designation for Sunday's game in Indianapolis, Jay Morrison of The Athletic reports.

Analysis: After opening the week with back-to-back LP listings on the practice report, Green elevated to full participation Friday, per Geoff Hobson of the Bengals' official site. It appears Green will be able to gut out his tweaked left hamstring from this past Sunday versus the Ravens, which limited him to a season-low 42 percent of the snaps on offense. He'll look to bounce back to his typical 60-75 percent snap share against a Colts defense that has given up the second-fewest receiving yards per game (136.8) to wideouts this season.

I sure hope this happens!!!

I also would not mind if he got traded to New England.

So do any of us think that hamstring injury he had in the off season has lingered? I would guess no just because they sat him out a while. 

24 minutes ago, Theschill38 said:

As a Patriots fan, no thanks. Dude is washed. 

Ok so your Comfortable with just butter hands Edelman and Harry for the Playoffs? I dont think Green is washed just yet....hes just not happy....

"To go out there and loaf on the interception and freaking on the sideline talking, even though I wasn't talking about that situation, I just can't put that out there," Green said, according to the team’s site. "Just for my teammates, being one of the captains. I just have to do a better job handling my frustration."

Green said he has talked to Taylor, quarterback Joe Burrow, his parents and other guys around the league about his frustrating season.

Dude is coming unhinged and I feel bad for him. I believe this either ends with Green benched or somehow he gets it together enough to be somewhat productive. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

"To go out there and loaf on the interception and freaking on the sideline talking, even though I wasn't talking about that situation, I just can't put that out there," Green said, according to the team’s site. "Just for my teammates, being one of the captains. I just have to do a better job handling my frustration."

Green said he has talked to Taylor, quarterback Joe Burrow, his parents and other guys around the league about his frustrating season.

Dude is coming unhinged and I feel bad for him. I believe this either ends with Green benched or somehow he gets it together enough to be somewhat productive. 

It seems like he is also in his head. Maybe he is also playing hesitant to avoid injury. He mentioned in one interview where he is not playing free and not playing like he normally goes on about things. 

I was looking at past blurbs and the way he trained was differently. Landing differently, running differently, etc... The more I read into things, the more confidence I get that he is not washed (my eyes also do not see someone who is washed). He needs to get out of his head and get on the same page with Burrow. 

3 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

Green has been great for the Bengals in the past. Im sure the organization will grant his trade request and trade to New England. The Patriots will welcome him with nice soft open arms....Come here my darling...let me rub your hamstrings, inject you with some Patriot Way mystique and LETS GO WIN A DAMN RING!!

2 minutes ago, mrfrood said:

It seems like he is also in his head. Maybe he is also playing hesitant to avoid injury. He mentioned in one interview where he is not playing free and not playing like he normally goes on about things. 

I was looking at past blurbs and the way he trained was differently. Landing differently, running differently, etc... The more I read into things, the more confidence I get that he is not washed (my eyes also do not see someone who is washed). He needs to get out of his head and get on the same page with Burrow. 

He's clearly dealing with mental issues that are holding him back. Either his head is out of the game completely or he is scared to take contact out there. I think he can turn it around but fully admit I'm biased, confused and angry about the situation. 

2 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Green has been great for the Bengals in the past. Im sure the organization will grant his trade request and trade to New England. The Patriots will welcome him with nice soft open arms....Come here my darling...let me rub your hamstrings, inject you with some Patriot Way mystique and LETS GO WIN A DAMN RING!!

Idk about that. Not saying you're wrong, but I'm not convinced NE wants him right now. 

Just now, Jetdog16 said:

He's clearly dealing with mental issues that are holding him back. Either his head is out of the game completely or he is scared to take contact out there. I think he can turn it around but fully admit I'm biased, confused and angry about the situation. 

Idk about that. Not saying you're wrong, but I'm not convinced NE wants him right now. 

Pats have a tendency of smelling out old, depressed, tail between legs vets and then turning them back into dominate forces.

Its Bills style. 

1 minute ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Pats have a tendency of smelling out old, depressed, tail between legs vets and then turning them back into dominate forces.

Its Bills style. 

I'd love to see it. Are you hearing rumors from reliable sources or is this a bunch of sports radio talk?

On 10/15/2020 at 5:29 PM, Jetdog16 said:

2020 - 1.37 average yards of separation (82nd in the league)

2018 - 1.17 average yards of separation (yet produced WR1 numbers through 9 games)

He'll get more and more separation as the season goes on.  He's like that kid on the playground who nobody covers while he stands yelling at the QB, "Shane, I got the first!  I got the first!"  He's just a nonentity.

• Haha 1