NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Boyd trying to keep defenses pinned on Green so he continues to eat, well played. 😂

Posted Images

If you started him you're official a genius but I'm happy enough to have held on. He looked good and was making old school A.J. Green catches in traffic. Bengals are gonna be throwing a bazillion times a game so if he can stay healthy and keep working on the chemistry with Burrow he should have a nice 2nd half of the season.

• Thanks 1

I'm [starting him this week over Boyd] Hes going to explode against Cleveland. 11 catches on 15 targets for 164 and 2 Td's. Either that or he gets hurt and Boyd gets more targets. 41-30 Cleveland

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

[...]

For some reason I feel like he's getting dealt before the deadline. They found a guy in Higgins that has essentially the same skillset, and I'm sure some contending teams will be calling about him. If he goes somewhere like the Patriots, he could be a great guy to have late in the season. Maybe last week and this coming one are just them showing him off. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, afl5013 said:

[...]

For some reason I feel like he's getting dealt before the deadline. They found a guy in Higgins that has essentially the same skillset, and I'm sure some contending teams will be calling about him. If he goes somewhere like the Patriots, he could be a great guy to have late in the season. Maybe last week and this coming one are just them showing him off. 

These are the Bengals, which generally means two things: (1) poor decisions and (2) cheap decisions. Interestingly, trading Green conflicts with these two competing interests. But it almost seems like a no-brainer. The Bengals don't need Green with Higgins and Boyd. The Bengals could use draft assets. The Bengals owners certainly don't mind dumping Green's salary. Make the move and get an asset. We'll see if it happens, but it seems like it should be inevitable.

• Like 1

Starting to think AJ may be in my flex spot this weekend.

CLE secondary is horrid. Plus matchup for WRs and Burrow will be throwing. 

Green was targeted 13 times in week 2 against this same defense. He didn't click with Burrow only grabbing 3 for 29. Green was targeted 11 times last week going 8-96.

Sounds like he's healthy now. He's getting targeted. Maybe no Mixon so more throwing. At home.

Surprisingly quiet in here...  24 targets in two weeks and almost 33 points in full PPR in that time. Looks like this guy isn't cooked after all... Could end up being a wr2 possibly because he's doing this without touchdowns.  With td's could possibly turn into a wr1...  Congrats to anyone who held on to him or grabbed him off the wire when he got dropped.  Cheers

• Like 2

No way he's not one of the prime WW targets this week! Dude has had 20+ targets in 2 weeks and actually turning them into catches! He's also confirmed this is the healthiest he has felt and bonus; Joe Burrow loves throwing to him! Mind you he also gets targeted in the RedZone a lot and in todays game he had a TD pass knocked out of his hand at the end of the catch (just a solid play by D.Ward Browns CB).

Last 2 games: 

• vs. Indianapolis: 11 targets /8 catches /96yds
  • vs. Cleveland: 13 targets/ 7 catches/ 82yds
7 hours ago, Walk with me said:

Is this sustainable ? [...]

A.J. Green is officially not dead.

Highly doubt he averages 16 a game going forward...but 12-14 is highly attainable for this dude. WR3 with upside for more if the targets remain and the TD's come. 

13 hours ago, Jetdog16 said:

A.J. Green is officially not dead.

Highly doubt he averages 16 a game going forward...but 12-14 is highly attainable for this dude. WR3 with upside for more if the targets remain and the TD's come. 

Yes...i'm glad he is starting to look better. Hate to see great players fade away.

• Thanks 1