NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Boyd trying to keep defenses pinned on Green so he continues to eat, well played. 😂

Posted Images

22 hours ago, CooL said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29482150/bengals-aj-green-signs-franchise-tender-182m

Shocking that a dude that has missed 29 out of 30 games still gets 18 FREAKING MILLION DOLLARS.  Nobody would have paid him this much.

Problem with the Bungles is they don't have much else, unless you count Auden Tate and John Ross.  Tee Higgins and Boyd are the future of this receiving corps.  I guess they supposed better to bring back AJ Green than some washed up veteran.  At least a washed up veteran could get on the field and occupy some space though...

However many games he plays, I believe he’s worth every penny when it comes to being an elite veteran presence for Burrow. Joe needs that, and I think AJ needs Burrow. His new QB came out and told Green that the Bengals need the old AJ Green on the field, and Green respected that kind of leadership coming from his young QB...said it was a “pleasure” to hear that. Imho, they meed each other, and it’s worth the $18mil to the Bengals. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

However many games he plays, I believe he’s worth every penny when it comes to being an elite veteran presence for Burrow. Joe needs that, and I think AJ needs Burrow. His new QB came out and told Green that the Bengals need the old AJ Green on the field, and Green respected that kind of leadership coming from his young QB...said it was a “pleasure” to hear that. Imho, they meed each other, and it’s worth the $18mil to the Bengals. 

Any link for that? I love both these players and hope they have a great year together 

7 hours ago, BxBOMBERs28 said:

Any link for that? I love both these players and hope they have a great year together 

It's an old story, from February and March, but it seems Green likes it:

https://247sports.com/Article/AJ-Green-Joe-Burrow-Cincinnati-Bengals-football-quarterback-wide-receiver-2020-NFL-season-149276504/Amp/

Before being selected by the Bengals, Burrow made his stance clear Feb. 25 at the 2020 NFL Scouting Combine that he wanted Green in Cincinnati.

"It felt good," Green said of Burrow's comments Friday on a video conference call with reporters. "Having a young guy coming in and watching him talk about he needs an old me to help the team out — it was very much a pleasure to have him say that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree he was a great player, but having owned him all last year waiting for him to come back in a league with no IR...never again. Yes, recency bias. And he very well may blow up and ball. I’m ok with watching him do it for somebody else’s fake football team.

• Like 2

He is in for a great season if 1. he stays healthy and 2. COVID doesn't impact his season. Kind of forgot I had him on my dynasty team and still won the championship last season. Big boon to get him back.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, CooL said:

I agree he was a great player, but having owned him all last year waiting for him to come back in a league with no IR...never again. Yes, recency bias. And he very well may blow up and ball. I’m ok with watching him do it for somebody else’s fake football team.

I'm basically here. I'm trying to get Boyd 1 round later. AJ is an elite WR1 in the annals of FFB history, but he hasn't played in a year and a half and has all kinds of ankle/foot/toe issues. It just seems like there's too many flags for him to bounce back at 32 to be even a WR2. I'd rather be wrong and he does on someone else's team than be right and have to deal with it.

• Like 1

I still think the Bengals are the Bengals, so i think this is a 4th place team.   Could Green get traded midseason?   That salary certainly looks prohibitive but I'm guessing the Bengals wouldn't squeeze too tight if someone was offering a lower round pick to take however many game checks off of their books

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

and so it begins.

Yeah, I was starting to think Green had some sneaky appeal, but this is a wake up call. This hamstring thing is likely minor, but the idea that he had turned a corner with his ability to stay healthy takes a big hit.

Got him last night at the 7/8 round turn in a ppr as my WR 3/4 after going 4rb/2wr with my first six.  Happy to grab him there if he's falling that far because of the hammy.  At that point, I was deciding between him and the likes of Parker/M Jones/Landry/etc.  Aj still carries ceiling, albeit with a very low chance of hitting it.  At that point in the draft, ceiling is hard to find.  Maybe Parker has it, but still not sure he's actually good and even if he is, Tua will eventually get in and most likely kill his value.  in the late 7th/early 8th, I'll take the chance on Green.  If he's hurt again, I'll just drop without too much damage.  

2 hours ago, ThunderDan said:

Got him last night at the 7/8 round turn in a ppr as my WR 3/4 after going 4rb/2wr with my first six.  Happy to grab him there if he's falling that far because of the hammy.  At that point, I was deciding between him and the likes of Parker/M Jones/Landry/etc.  Aj still carries ceiling, albeit with a very low chance of hitting it.  At that point in the draft, ceiling is hard to find.  Maybe Parker has it, but still not sure he's actually good and even if he is, Tua will eventually get in and most likely kill his value.  in the late 7th/early 8th, I'll take the chance on Green.  If he's hurt again, I'll just drop without too much damage.  

I'd rather parker or Boyd if he was still around, cant fault chasing the upside of the glory days tho hah and i highly doubt Tua tanks Parkers value as a side note

13 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

I'd rather parker or Boyd if he was still around, cant fault chasing the upside of the glory days tho hah and i highly doubt Tua tanks Parkers value as a side note

Yeah that's where I appear to diverge from ppl on Parker.  I think he's a great player, but not one that gets open a lot.  He's a guy that needs a qb (like fitz) to throw it and trust him to bring it down.  I have no idea if Tua will or won't.  Maybe he will and smarter dudes than me know that, but I have a hard time trusting a rookie to make those throws.  Came to down Parker vs. AJ.  My head said Parker because he was the obvious value having fallen as far as he did.  The heart what the heart wants.  And that's apparently AJ Green's 15% of chance of hitting his ceiling.   

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, ThunderDan said:

Yeah that's where I appear to diverge from ppl on Parker.  I think he's a great player, but not one that gets open a lot.  He's a guy that needs a qb (like fitz) to throw it and trust him to bring it down.  I have no idea if Tua will or won't.  Maybe he will and smarter dudes than me know that, but I have a hard time trusting a rookie to make those throws.  Came to down Parker vs. AJ.  My head said Parker because he was the obvious value having fallen as far as he did.  The heart what the heart wants.  And that's apparently AJ Green's 15% of chance of hitting his ceiling.   

With a WR that struggles to get open, he needs an accurate QB. That is one of Tua's calling cards...he completed 70 percent of his passes over the last two seasons at Bama, even with the injuries. My concern for Parker is not Tua being his QB...it's more related to Gesicki's potential emergence and the return of Williams. Even then, I would have preferred him this year over AJG. 

AJG can't help you from the IR. He has a history of injuries. He was out pretty much all last season with an "any week now" injury, and he's already injured now--a hamstring which can tend to linger for weeks even for the most healthy of players. I'm sorry but I don't see the appeal of this guy unless you're getting him right before you pick your DST. Drafting him in the top 10 rounds is drafting him based on what he did years ago, not on anything he will likely do for you this season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One of the toughest players to rank in FF. Where is the right spot to draft Green? Nobody really knows.

1st ballot HOF talent. On the same level as Julio Jones talent-wise. Belichick: "Green is probably the best Receiver in the league". A silky-smooth, lanky 6'4 WR who runs routes and gets in/out of breaks like a 6'0 WR does. Tracks the deep ball, wins 50-50 jump balls. If Green is healthy going into any game, you have to start him; you can't ever let a healthy Green sit on your bench.

4 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

One of the toughest players to rank in FF. Where is the right spot to draft Green? Nobody really knows.

1st ballot HOF talent. On the same level as Julio Jones talent-wise. Belichick: "Green is probably the best Receiver in the league". A silky-smooth, lanky 6'4 WR who runs routes and gets in/out of breaks like a 6'0 WR does. Tracks the deep ball, wins 50-50 jump balls. If Green is healthy going into any game, you have to start him; you can't ever let a healthy Green sit on your bench.

My best fantasy move all time was benching AJG for Goodwin two years ago against every analyst and my league mates calling me an idiot. That was the difference between me making it to the ship

But yea if he was healthy this year it'd be very hard for me to take him out if my lineup with Burrows

Edited by scheibler
30 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

Yep-  and everyone is letting him fall like a stone because of his hammy tweak.  Could be a problem...but nothing like tearing ligaments in his ankle that sidelined him in 2019.  

I’ll scoop that up all day just on upside alone.