NBC Sports Edge Forums

Interesting comments in Rotoworld blurb.  Anybody watching the Bengals want to comment?

The primary takeaway is that the Bengals (finally) used Green properly, transitioning him into the slot at times and having him use his lengthy frame and reliable hands to move the chains on slant routes rather than forcing him to try and separate downfield — a feat he struggles to accomplish at this stage of his career.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Boyd trying to keep defenses pinned on Green so he continues to eat, well played. 😂

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

Played 96 % of the snaps last week and has 24 targets over his past two games. Is firmly back on the WR3 radar with upside for more if some TD's come his way

He's still been pretty inefficient with the workload he's getting. Nonetheless it's definitely a good thing that he's starting to produce. Gotta play him with this workload. Tracking his targets is probably a better idea then even with most WRs. If it starts to dip some he's a likely candidate to head back in the other direction.

4 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

He's still been pretty inefficient with the workload he's getting. Nonetheless it's definitely a good thing that he's starting to produce. Gotta play him with this workload. Tracking his targets is probably a better idea then even with most WRs. If it starts to dip some he's a likely candidate to head back in the other direction.

He's sitting at a 63 percent catch rate over the past two weeks and one of those games was against lockdown corner Xavier Rhodes. He could be a bit more efficient there for sure but not like he's been terrible on that front since his resurgence. 

1 minute ago, Jetdog16 said:

He's sitting at a 63 percent catch rate over the past two weeks and one of those games was against lockdown corner Xavier Rhodes. He could be a bit more efficient there for sure but not like he's been terrible on that front since his resurgence. 

I heard somewhere that his expected output with what he's been given was pretty bad and some underlying numbers were still concerning. It was definitely a deep dive and I can not find it now that I'm looking for it lol. Just thought it was worth passing along in the case of his workload dipping some. With this workload it doesn't matter. I'm not a Bengals fan but I have lived in Cincinnati most of my life and I have absolutely loved watching this guy. I hope he keeps it up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He’s settling in nicely as an upside WR3 as long as his volume hangs in there and I don’t see Burrow randomly becoming a QB who averages 25-30 attempts per game. 

Burrow/play calling seem to be figuring out how to get the most out of a dude past his prime. Use him for what he’s good at — sideline routes and slants where he doesn’t need a ton of separation and can use his body. 

5 hours ago, Benjamin1984 said:

I heard somewhere that his expected output with what he's been given was pretty bad and some underlying numbers were still concerning. It was definitely a deep dive and I can not find it now that I'm looking for it lol. Just thought it was worth passing along in the case of his workload dipping some. With this workload it doesn't matter. I'm not a Bengals fan but I have lived in Cincinnati most of my life and I have absolutely loved watching this guy. I hope he keeps it up.

Yeah, heard the same thing, and clearly true based on his output given the targets. Per Hayden Winks' usage chart he has one of the worst expected vs. real fantasy point productions:

https://www.rotoworld.com/article/fantasy-usage-model/week-7-fantasy-usage-model-gronk-emerged

Absolutely cannot get anything right with this man. I draft him, he stinks. He gets hurt. I pick him up after someone waives him, after two games with double digit targets, and he disappears. 

I will bench him from here on out so you guys can get something out of him. 

Yeah can’t trust him as anything more than a Wr4 at this point. Haven’t watched any Bengals games but it seems fairly obvious Burrow looks for Boyd and Higgins in the red zone. And that could be for the obvious reason that they’re actually getting separation. 

• 2 weeks later...

He could be somewhere else next year that will use him but he and burrow clearly on separate pages most of the year... I didn't see the game were the balls catchable?

Side note id like to see he and Philip rivers on the same team next year... couple a ole dogs running the park one last time...

Edited by hard1

Lol not giving an eff if aj green gets catches first sign of decline or he isn't in their plans.

Most coaches say stuff like we have to get playmakers the ball or we have to get aj the ball... not here evidently 

Edited by hard1

Only 16 wr's have more targets than this guy and of the top 25 targeted wr's this guy has half the point of any of them... 68 targets 31 receptions wtf gives??? Less than 50 percent whose fault is this? Cause if this guy actually caught some balls he might be useful... the stats make me want to keep him cause law of averages says he has to be better but seeing 5 targets 0 catches makes me wanna rage drop anyone seeing anything in games? This guy just done and burrow is just banging bricks at this guy for nothing?

2 hours ago, hard1 said:

Only 16 wr's have more targets than this guy and of the top 25 targeted wr's this guy has half the point of any of them... 68 targets 31 receptions wtf gives??? Less than 50 percent whose fault is this? Cause if this guy actually caught some balls he might be useful... the stats make me want to keep him cause law of averages says he has to be better but seeing 5 targets 0 catches makes me wanna rage drop anyone seeing anything in games? This guy just done and burrow is just banging bricks at this guy for nothing?

[...]  Surely there's someone better on the WW unless you're in a deep league or a large league.  I don't see how you could trust starting him until at least a string of 2-3 good games, even though he did have two good games a few weeks back but went back to being trash.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, hard1 said:

Can't speak for last 4 weeks but when I had AJG watched alot of their games.  He got alot of bad targets(uncatchable balls) and not much separation.  But AJG was never a huge separation guy.  Seems to be the number 3 WR option now.  Wouldn't count on him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1