NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Boyd trying to keep defenses pinned on Green so he continues to eat, well played. 😂

Posted Images

On 8/25/2020 at 8:41 AM, Agmaniacmike said:

Where is he going now with the hammy issue? I got him as my WR4 in the early 70s 2 weeks ago.

This is about the same area and also WR4 that I got him in my 12 teamer. I think the risk/reward is okay there. I was planning to take Boyd, who I feel better about, even in standard, but he was taken right before.

As long as we expect that he could get injured and be a wasted pick, i think we should get a little excited about this upside:

I get it, he hasn't been healthy the last two years. However, when he's been on the field, Green has been a legitimate superstar. Since 2000, here's the list of wide receivers who've posted WR2 or better type numbers at a higher percentage than Green: Michael Thomas, Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, and Odell Beckham. That's the end of the list. He's played his entire career with Andy Dalton. Now moving to Joe Burrow, the quality of the targets should improve. You could argue that Green didn't have a chance to work with Burrow this offseason, but that's the case with all of Burrow's new group of pass catchers. There is legitimate top-10 upside with Green, which is extremely hard to find where he's being drafted. There's risk, but with where he's being drafted, it's worth it. -TAGS

Granted, this is a different team now, not Andy hyper-targeting him, but if he's healthy and not a shell of himself (which he may be but given his age and taking a season mostly off, I expect he will still be pretty elite in terms of athleticism), he could end up being a really solid contributor. Especially considering the Bengals will be up tempo and throwing.

1 hour ago, aapox said:

Granted, this is a different team now, not Andy hyper-targeting him, but if he's healthy and not a shell of himself (which he may be but given his age and taking a season mostly off, I expect he will still be pretty elite in terms of athleticism), he could end up being a really solid contributor. Especially considering the Bengals will be up tempo and throwing.

Their offense should be better but they still have a bottom 5 offensive line (rank 30th last season). The return of Jonah Williams should help a lil bit, but did they make any improvements? There's a lot of question marks surrounding this team.

@DezedandConfused Definitely agree. I expect them to be a team similar to Arizona of last year... their offensive line was awful in 2018, then still bad last year, but better. They were also up tempo, young, talented QB, good pieces. It's going to be ugly at times and a work in progress, and I don't expect them to be good, but I expect their scheme, pace, and bad defense to be good for fantasy.

edit: I do still think Boyd is the ideal guy to have here, especially in PPR/half. I think he'll be the most consistent with both targets and production. But even though AJG has had all of these problems, even I have to remind myself how good he was only a couple years ago. It's a young man's league now though outside of QB and Kicker :P

Edited by aapox
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Of course. But if Boyd isn’t on the board who else are you taking over him?

I'd rather have (cringe) Will Fuller over him.  Or Landry, Crowder, or Preston Williams.

He was once a first/second round pick, but he clearly can't stay healthy.  Maybe he will prove us doubters wrong but after last year, I'm completely out.

• Thanks 1

This division has quickly become even more competitive than it was. The prime of Green’s career included many deep shots that Green was able to dominate on with great size speed and route running. Similar to Odell Beckham with both teams he has been on, a bad offensive line can make deep pass TDs simply evaporate with no time to throw. You don’t have to think long about the defensive lines in that division to realize how screwed that OL is even with the return/ debut of LT Jonah Williams.

43 minutes ago, HarambeLives said:

Good to go week 1 how is everyone feeling about this guy? 

I think the RW blurb is on point for him this week - upside WR3. 

He'll likely have Casey Hayward, PFF's #5 rated CB, shadowing him (https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-rankings-top-25-cornerbacks-through-week-17). On a positive note, the loss of Derwin James in LAC's secondary could open the field up for a couple splash plays. 

Conservatively penciling him in for a 5/60 line with a 50% chance to find paydirt.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, HarambeLives said:

Good to go week 1 how is everyone feeling about this guy? 

Cautiously optimistic. Unfortunately they might limit his snaps and it's a tough secondary, so I'm sitting him. I know he's been great in opening games but too many variables for me. Just hoping to see some tape of the old AJ, some chemistry with Joe, and increase the value/outlook for week 2 and beyond.

Also

Maybe, just maybe this year...

Side note - what the hell is wrong with Tweet embeds this year?  They all look funky to me... are other people having the same issue?

Edited by TTo34