NBC Sports Edge Forums

NBA Waiver Wire Thread 2019-2020 Week 20

Message added by tonycpsu

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 20 of the 2019-2020 NBA season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 20 of the 2019-2020 NBA season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Jae Crowder (plays on the 4th, 6th, 8th and could be a longer-term stream, or "river," to use the term of certain fantasy podcasters)

Royce O'Neal (plays on the 4th, 6th, 7th, strong in steals, now starting so might be a river)

Gorgui Dieng (plays on the 4th, 6th, 7th, big man stats, strong in blocks, good until injured starters return)

Melton (plays on the 4th, 6th, 7th, gets steals, poor FG%)

Svi (plays on the 4th, 7th, 8th, gets 3pm, poor FG%)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
15 hours ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Jae Crowder (plays on the 4th, 6th, 8th and could be a longer-term stream, or "river," to use the term of certain fantasy podcasters)

Royce O'Neal (plays on the 4th, 6th, 7th, strong in steals, now starting so might be a river)

Gorgui Dieng (plays on the 4th, 6th, 7th, big man stats, strong in blocks, good until injured starters return)

Melton (plays on the 4th, 6th, 7th, gets steals, poor FG%)

Svi (plays on the 4th, 7th, 8th, gets 3pm, poor FG%)

I'd say the games on the 4th and 6th arent nearly as valuable, tons of games those days so are you really going to even play them those days? very roster dependent, Id recommend finding guys who play on the 5th + 7th to maximize your adds and games played, i wouldnt want to stream any of Dieng - O'Neal - Crowder as over half the games are on the heavy days unless your in a league with nearly zero bench spots

• Like 1
1 minute ago, kmoore1521 said:

I'd say the games on the 4th and 6th arent nearly as valuable, tons of games those days so are you really going to even play them those days? very roster dependent, Id recommend finding guys who play on the 5th + 7th to maximize your adds and games played, i wouldnt want to stream any of Dieng - O'Neal - Crowder as over half the games are on the heavy days unless your in a league with nearly zero bench spots

I agree that games on the 8th are useless, but I'm able to put in guys on the 4th, 5th, and 7th. As with all streaming, it's individual-need based. So people need to look at where they can slot guys in. I agree the 5th is a low volume day, but the pickins are also poor. 

• Like 1

Not a pickup yet ... but keep your eye on Jordan McRae - recently added from waivers for the Pistons.

derrick Rose looks like he SHOULD be done for the year, and Bruce Brown hasn’t been healthy either.

Once he cracks the lineup, he could be a great source of PTS/3PTM/STLS with decent REBS and AST for a swing guard.

1 hour ago, Ray Barboni said:

Not a pickup yet ... but keep your eye on Jordan McRae - recently added from waivers for the Pistons.

derrick Rose looks like he SHOULD be done for the year, and Bruce Brown hasn’t been healthy either.

Once he cracks the lineup, he could be a great source of PTS/3PTM/STLS with decent REBS and AST for a swing guard.

Brandon Knight tho????

3 minutes ago, boshtrich17 said:

Brandon Knight tho????

as I said ... he’s not a pickup yet. Something to watch - tonight actually.

I’m not even sure why Brandon knight is on this team. 

but the fact is, that the pistons are in full on tank mode. Wood owners are celebrating ... and McRae has a real chance to pile up the stats. 

just stay close to your WW tonight and let’s see how he does - I’m not coercing much. But if he gets legit numbers? Immediate add 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ray Barboni said:

as I said ... he’s not a pickup yet. Something to watch - tonight actually.

I’m not even sure why Brandon knight is on this team. 

but the fact is, that the pistons are in full on tank mode. Wood owners are celebrating ... and McRae has a real chance to pile up the stats. 

just stay close to your WW tonight and let’s see how he does - I’m not coercing much. But if he gets legit numbers? Immediate add 

With knight starting and being hot the last few days, I think he’s a spec add. McRae could be good too 

Mulder for us if you need some cheap 3s. Made 5 last game, averaging 3 a game 

Has a really nice looking shot too. I hope he sticks with us. Can play 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, mackdonald said:

where did you hear he's playing?

I didnt hear hes playing..I saw hes questionable...which is a HUGE upgrade to out indef...usually a sign for a player w long term inj that theyre close...

• tonycpsu locked and unpinned this topic