NBC Sports Edge Forums

Royce Freeman 2020 Outlook

So. Denver is shopping for a back to compliment Lindsay?

Obviously very telling as to what they think of Freeman.

Does Freeman have any contract mobility/chance to catch on elsewhere?

Or is he the JAG they seem to think he is?

• Like 1
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Off to the kendall hinton thread!

You overestimate my RBs

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Proteus said:

So. Denver is shopping for a back to compliment Lindsay?

Obviously very telling as to what they think of Freeman.

Does Freeman have any contract mobility/chance to catch on elsewhere?

Or is he the JAG they seem to think he is?

This

1 hour ago, P@ckersFan said:

He's only a JAG in the sense that most RB's in the league are JAGs. His problem is that despite being huge he doesn't bring the complimentary "Thunder," to Lindsay's "Lightning."

But can’t this be chalked up to putrid offense, putrid qb play, and very limited opportunities for Freeman? Where Lindsay is explosive enough to create, Freeman needs volume to establish production? 

I know that to complicate matters they starting giving Lindsay what goal line work there was and passing it to Freeman more than expected.

Full disclosure this is mainly a dynasty concern for me and I’m beginning to wonder if he’s even worth a hold.

17 hours ago, Proteus said:

But can’t this be chalked up to putrid offense, putrid qb play, and very limited opportunities for Freeman? Where Lindsay is explosive enough to create, Freeman needs volume to establish production? 

I know that to complicate matters they starting giving Lindsay what goal line work there was and passing it to Freeman more than expected.

Full disclosure this is mainly a dynasty concern for me and I’m beginning to wonder if he’s even worth a hold.

probably worth a hold in all but the shallowest of devys/dynasties.  He’s done nothing wrong...just doesn’t bring the dynamic presence Lindsay does.   That said-  if you can throw him in with a trade to get a deal done...absolutely do it. 

Still young enough to get another shot in Denver or elsewhere.  

• Thanks 1
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2020 at 10:16 AM, sjm76 said:

With Phillip Lindsay battling turf toe, any chance this guy slides into a similar role or do you think Melvin Gordon will just be a workhorse?

Gordon is the workhorse.  Freeman will be COP.  This is different from how Lindsay was being used.

• 4 weeks later...

Freeman has the Moves Like JAGger but may be a deep cut look right now with Melvin Gordon in legal trouble.  He's one heartbeat away from the top job in Denver, and Lindsay has already injured this season.

Edited by KennyWoo
7 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah, he'll def get some run this week...that might matter in deeper formats, also could be a candidate to be dealt prior to the approaching deadline.

When is the deadline?

• 1 month later...