NBC Sports Edge Forums

Austin Ekeler 2020 Outlook

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Check out Austin Ekeler's insta caption..... lesssssssss' gooooo!

LFG!!!  

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, Stallion said:

Well, despite being by far the most effective back in both YPC and YPR, he got outcarried by Kelley and I believe outsnapped too (Football Reference is slow to add snapcounts this week).

He also is ceding nearly all goal line work, and most red zone work, to Kelley.  If that continues his TD output is not looking good...

20 minutes ago, LSUtiger said:

He also is ceding nearly all goal line work, and most red zone work, to Kelley.  If that continues his TD output is not looking good...

Well, Kelley also failed to convert and they had to settle for FG which is ultimately why they lost.

Hopefully they realize that their best running back should be the one getting the red zone touches too... not a hard concept.

He looked fantastic yesterday and they were running specific pass plays to him with some pre-snap motion.  Kelly is definitely here to stay and not as efficient but I do think Ekeler could get more work.

Hopefully for our sake, they don't turn it back to Taylor. 

3 minutes ago, Heizz said:

How worried should we be with Kelley out snapping Austin?

Not very worried. Why? Because Kelley hasn't been efficient with his touches.

I think Kelley is here to stay, but I can't imagine that he will continue to be inefficient, and still gain the same number of touches, particularly in the red zone. At some point theyr'e going to realize that Ekeler should pretty much always out touch Kelley by a decent margin.

4 hours ago, nlm said:

How bad does the injury look?

Will easily miss several weeks (4+). Could easily be a season ender by the looks of it. In HS I tore my ACL + meniscus on a similar looking play. Couldn't walk on it afterward of course. Hope it's just a slight meniscus tear for him. That really sucks. 

13 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

But now who is the guy? I don't think Kelley or Jackson were that impressive.

It’s Kelley. The Bucs’ run defense is elite and even held Kamara to 1.3 ypc this year. Kelley will be the volume/goalline guy and Jackson the 3rd down/COP guy.

• Like 1