NBC Sports Edge Forums

Austin Ekeler 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, brooklynfinest42 said:

this week is the 6 week mark since his injury no? ...  so assuming with an extra week of rest maybe we can see him back Week 10 or week 11 vs Jets? 

He is not coming back against the Jets.  The Chargers will not need him for that game.  Week 12 is the earliest and if they (Chargers) are out of contention he probably won't come back at all this season.  Sell.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Check out Austin Ekeler's insta caption..... lesssssssss' gooooo!

LFG!!!  

Posted Images

i am on the fence if i want to trade for him or not. but lets say he comes back like week 12-13 do we think he'll be trustworthy for the playoffs? i'm still doubtful he even comes back (just personal nothing ive read says that yet) if this is a lost year for them

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, coleworld7 said:

i am on the fence if i want to trade for him or not. but lets say he comes back like week 12-13 do we think he'll be trustworthy for the playoffs? i'm still doubtful he even comes back (just personal nothing ive read says that yet) if this is a lost year for them

Not sure what you can get for him.... The Chargers offense looks pretty good, chances are the produces. 

A little too 2021 outlook right now but I love him in that offense, but also (as seems to be the annual thing) have to wonder how much he shares the load with the other backs.  Even if LA believes he's superior they may force the committee to keep him healthy.    Herbert continuing strong play hopefully keeps Lynn in charge, and I think that's better for Ekeler's future outlook.  

1 hour ago, BrianM said:

A little too 2021 outlook right now but I love him in that offense, but also (as seems to be the annual thing) have to wonder how much he shares the load with the other backs.  Even if LA believes he's superior they may force the committee to keep him healthy.    Herbert continuing strong play hopefully keeps Lynn in charge, and I think that's better for Ekeler's future outlook.  

I like him in this offense as well and Once Herbert took over, it looked like Austin was ready to have a monster season. The BIG question is, will Lynn keep his job?

Edited by OrangeCrush
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, OrangeCrush said:

I like him in this offense as well and Once Herbert took over, it looked like Austin was ready to have a monster season. The BIG question is, will Lynn keep his job?

This is another reason why the Chargers would be motivated to get Eke back this season. They need to evaluate what they have going into next season. 

This team reminds me a lot of 2018 49ers who lost a bunch of close games and the next year went to the SB. I could see this team doing really well next season. 

10 hours ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

This is another reason why the Chargers would be motivated to get Eke back this season. They need to evaluate what they have going into next season. 

This team reminds me a lot of 2018 49ers who lost a bunch of close games and the next year went to the SB. I could see this team doing really well next season. 

They know they have a great player in Ekeler. If the Chargers were contending for a playoff berth, I’d be more confident in Ekeler returning soon.

step one is getting desginated to return off IR so you can begin to practice. we haven't gotten there and probably are at least a week or two away. I'd imagine they'll designate him to come off IR, let him practice a week and then the following week is when he would return to play. They have no incentive to rush this.

3.5 weeks ago he gave comments thinking he'd be back in 3-4 weeks (that has proven to be overly optimistic)

about a week ago on his IG he posted a video of him running at 50% speed in a straight line. Not bad news but not exactly running drills and quick cutting or change of speed either....

just my guess, but i think best case designate to return week 11 return to play week 12... though that would really surprise me. week 13/14 return seems more plausible based on available information

Edited by iamkoza
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

He was streaming on his twitch last night and said he still cannot run at full speed. 

I would expect him not to return and if he does, that is a win for your team.

Unfortunately, it looks like that backfield is a crap show at the moment...

• Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

He was streaming on his twitch last night and said he still cannot run at full speed. 

I would expect him not to return and if he does, that is a win for your team.

Unfortunately, it looks like that backfield is a crap show at the moment...

Sounds like he may be back just before the fantasy playoffs?

• Thanks 4

That's good, but "hoping" to be back is different than "will be back." I remember he reiterated many times over on his twitch stream that his injury was only 4-6 weeks. We're on week 6 now. Week 13 puts him at week 9. His injury has already exceeded rehab projections, and may have been worse than he was initially letting on.

Not to mention as we just saw with Justin Jackson, Lynn seems like a very very conservative coach. He claimed Justin Jackson *could* play the other week, but held him out as a precaution. Then said he's going to hold him out as a precaution this week. Seems like the type of coach that does not want his guys playing unless they are 95%+.

Edited by harck
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, harck said:

That's good, but "hoping" to be back is different than "will be back." I remember he reiterated many times over on his twitch stream that his injury was only 4-6 weeks. We're on week 6 now. Week 13 puts him at week 9. His injury has already exceeded rehab projections, and may have been worse than he was initially letting on.

Not to mention as we just saw with Justin Jackson, Lynn seems like a very very conservative coach. He claimed Justin Jackson *could* play the other week, but held him out as a precaution. Then said he's going to hold him out as a precaution this week. Seems like the type of coach that does not want his guys playing unless they are 95%+.

4 weeks ago he said he'll be back in 3or 4 weeks

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chargers-austin-ekeler-says-hes-definitely-on-way-to-recovery-calls-justin-herbert-the-real-deal/amp/

3 hours ago, harck said:

I think we all knew it was a bad injury and they were just overly optimistic with the timetable and we accepted it because we wanted him back. Having muscle separation on the hamstring sounded worse than a 4-6 week timetable. However, now he has been recovering for 6 weeks, I hope it should be a better indicator of when he'll return than what was said initially. 

Saw this posted online.

"Chargers are 2-5, his injury is severe, and someone pointed out the Ekeler did a stream where he mentioned how much muscle mass he’s lost in that leg. His return time was week 12 but if the Chargers aren’t expecting to make the playoffs I wouldn’t get your hopes up on his return."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
22 hours ago, rasrar said:

Sounds like he may be back just before the fantasy playoffs?

Him hoping for week 13 sounds encouraging for my weeks 14-16 hope. 

• Like 1