NBC Sports Edge Forums

Austin Ekeler 2020 Outlook

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Check out Austin Ekeler's insta caption..... lesssssssss' gooooo!

LFG!!!  

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, LSUtiger said:

Like I said, if he’s active (fingers crossed) then I’m starting him without hesitation. 

Agreed. I'd much rather suffer a low stat line from him than watch him explode on my bench. He's been posting on Twitter, Twitch, and I think Instagram for a couple weeks now. Seems to feel like he's ready - so I think at this point it's just a matter of the coaches and/or team doctors agreeing with him. Ballage slipping to inactive could have some positive sway on Ekeler's snap count if he does go. Last full game Ekeler played with Herbert was week 3; Ekeler caught all eleven of his targets and had a nice game rushing as well. Hoping they pick up right where they left off.

1 minute ago, JAG_challam said:

Agreed. I'd much rather suffer a low stat line from him than watch him explode on my bench. He's been posting on Twitter, Twitch, and I think Instagram for a couple weeks now. Seems to feel like he's ready - so I think at this point it's just a matter of the coaches and/or team doctors agreeing with him. Ballage slipping to inactive could have some positive sway on Ekeler's snap count if he does go. Last full game Ekeler played with Herbert was week 3; Ekeler caught all eleven of his targets and had a nice game rushing as well. Hoping they pick up right where they left off.

Right, and let’s be honest, I incurred a fat zero two straight weeks flexing J-Jax (when injured) and then Pope (who got zero carries), so if anyone is ready to be hurt again it’s me. 

• Like 1

Not sure why they are so passive - it is not like he isn’t ready and/or 100% healthy by now.  Plus with Ballage banged up...

We will know by 4pm EST tomorrow at least since that is the deadline to activate him.

I really hope we get some more clarity before games tomorrow. Having him for the playoffs sounds great, but this week will pretty much decide if I get in the playoffs. Can't have any goose eggs like Jackson in week 9. I was content with Ballage's high volume, low double digit ppr scoring in my flex and now this week is all up in the air again.

I just have this sinking feeling Ballage will be out and I'll go into the day thinking Ekeler is going to tear it up, only to see Pope get a majority of the carries. Or Kelley because it makes even less sense.

But the way Ekeler was talking about getting people some fantasy points doesn't sound like he's going to be eased in. He would know better than any of us. 

Just now, ludawg23 said:

Would a team activate a player and not play him? would be essentially wasting a game day spot

Of course. Happens all the time. They can activate him and only use if absolutely necessary. Of if every back in front of him goes down.