NBC Sports Edge Forums

Austin Ekeler 2020 Outlook

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Check out Austin Ekeler's insta caption..... lesssssssss' gooooo!

LFG!!!  

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, rasrar said:

This guy trying to rain on our parade... tell me I'm not crazy guys... Ekeler is an absolute must-start, right?

I won't consider him a must start this week. He's more of a high upside/low floor RB2/flex right now.

With that said, I'm starting him because I have no one left on my team to play RB (because James Conner and Myles Gaskin are out)

Just now, fachowski said:

I won't consider him a must start this week. He's more of a high upside/low floor RB2/flex right now.

With that said, I'm starting him because I have no one left on my team to play RB (because James Conner and Myles Gaskin are out)

Ehh... I suppose I'm higher on him than that. I can't see them running the ball with Kelley much this game, if they want to win. Ekeler declared himself 100% and ready to return very early in the week even thought he was only activated today. Why activate him if you're only planning on giving him a small workload?

FWIW... I'm flexing Ekeler in 0.5 PPR over Allen Robinson and Raheem Mostert this week.

My guess is Lynn won't use him too much in between the tackles to limit physicality in lieu of potential reinjury but def as their primary pass-catching option & change of pace back. Honestly, Ekeler still went bonkers last year after MG3 returned as the first & second down work horse. He really doesn't need much usage to be a RB1, especially in Week 12's RB climate. If I had him, I'd start him in the flex for sure and probably as an RB2 also unless I had strong options. Plus, one thing we know for sure... Herbert checks down to his backfield real well if his initial reads are in tight coverage

4 hours ago, yung_fetty said:

My guess is Lynn won't use him too much in between the tackles to limit physicality in lieu of potential reinjury but def as their primary pass-catching option & change of pace back. Honestly, Ekeler still went bonkers last year after MG3 returned as the first & second down work horse. He really doesn't need much usage to be a RB1, especially in Week 12's RB climate. If I had him, I'd start him in the flex for sure and probably as an RB2 also unless I had strong options. Plus, one thing we know for sure... Herbert checks down to his backfield real well if his initial reads are in tight coverage

I agree with this. Remember, week 3 was Herbert and Ekeler's 2nd (and last until today) full game together and Herbert fed Ek 11 targets. He caught them all. I think usage on early down, between the tackles work will mostly go to Pope, with Ekeler getting a lot of looks in the passing game. I'd put him very squarely in the RB2 ranking for this week, and back to RB1 rankings RoS going forward.

Almost a perfect welcome back game for Ekeler. Usage was amazing, he was tackled at the 1 yard line and Kelley vultured the TD. 

Some notes:

He could have had a better game, chargers offense looked like a complete mess most of the game, Herbert looked his way a ton on dump off passes and designed screen which they barely didn’t connect on.

Again tackled at the 1 and vultured Td which could be a problem like last year. 

Kelley looked almost as bad as the chargers coaching staff which is saying a lot, he missed key blocks and did nothing with the ball in his hands, and this was easily one of the worst coaching performances I’ve ever seen.

All in all Ekeler should be a monster from here on out if he stays healthy. 

Edited by Breesus
  • Like 4
5 minutes ago, Breesus said:

This thread is too quiet, excited to see what our guy can do in game 2! Should only be getting better, may take a few games to get his legs back under him 

I love his usage but he’s allergic to the endzone. Hope to see that change tomorrow. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Breesus said:

This thread is too quiet, excited to see what our guy can do in game 2! Should only be getting better, may take a few games to get his legs back under him 

I’m sure 50% of the owners who have him aren’t making the playoffs. Threads slow down this time of the year.