NBC Sports Edge Forums

Austin Ekeler 2020 Outlook

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Check out Austin Ekeler's insta caption..... lesssssssss' gooooo!

LFG!!!  

Posted Images

Team didn't actually practice, so this is just an estimation. But Ekeler did show up on the injury report with a quad issue. Might explain why he wasn't in the game on the Chargers GW drive.

Seems like the whole team is on the injury report. Not yet an issue though, right?

21 minutes ago, rasrar said:

Team didn't actually practice, so this is just an estimation. But Ekeler did show up on the injury report with a quad issue. Might explain why he wasn't in the game on the Chargers GW drive.

Seems like the whole team is on the injury report. Not yet an issue though, right?

Ugh i hope not. I need him to play badly

3 minutes ago, trolltoll said:

Ugh i hope not. I need him to play badly

Same, he seemed upbeat in the postgame interview. Didn't mention any injury. Said he was just sore from "the grind of playing football" and that his conditioning still isn't 100% yet.

Probably no big deal, but still thought I'd share.

• Thanks 1

just saw a Twitch vid stream somebody on Reddit posted - 3 hrs. of Ekeler interacting and goofing and playing vid games - lotta talk of magick foosball, cat takes it very seriously. 

anyway, he stated on a couple occaisions that he is not hurt or injured, and that he's doing his best for his "owners"

... can't link or embed Twitch vids here for whatever reason, but you can catch the abbreviated version over there, which gives you the option of watching the whole shebang. 

fwiw, he does not come off like a cat sweating his Thursday night status 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Ekeler is the type of dude you would sit down and have a beer with, I know a lot of players don’t care about their “fantasy” production and rightfully so. But it is very cool how Ekeler acknowledges that side of the game.

Keep balling for us big dog I need a new CMC 😂

• Thanks 1
19 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

just saw a Twitch vid stream somebody on Reddit posted - 3 hrs. of Ekeler interacting and goofing and playing vid games - lotta talk of magick foosball, cat takes it very seriously. 

anyway, he stated on a couple occaisions that he is not hurt or injured, and that he's doing his best for his "owners"

... can't link or embed Twitch vids here for whatever reason, but you can catch the abbreviated version over there, which gives you the option of watching the whole shebang. 

fwiw, he does not come off like a cat sweating his Thursday night status 🤷‍♂️

Easily has become my favorite NFL player. Dude embraces fantasy, works his a** off, and is among one of the most humble guys in the league. How can anyone not love him?

Hope he goes off on the Raiders tomorrow. Starting the Herbert-Ekeler stack in my Superflex league, so I'm cross my fingers for his first receiving TD of the year!

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Breesus said:

I’m expecting no less than 7-10 receptions with Keenan and Williams being banged up 

if the quad holds up all game we may be lookin' at a King Hendry/Cook type 50 burger tonight ... the Raiders are missing a few starters from an already clownshow defense. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

if the quad holds up all game we may be lookin' at a King Hendry/Cook type 50 burger tonight ... the Raiders are missing a few starters from an already clownshow defense. 

If the Jets can put up 100yds on the ground from Johnson against the Raiders, then Ekeler should be in for a good night.

51 minutes ago, Travis Burten said:

Hoping for that 15-85-2 10-75-1 kinda game. I need you AE

I don't think this is outside the realm of possibility at all, but I'd flip it: 15 receps and 10 carries.

LV is bad. They'll most likely use Ek a lot in the passing game (as usual, but even more so with their two WRs out/limited) and let Ballage take the lion's share of between the tackles work. My guess anyways.

Anyone have any idea of how susceptible and injury like this is to re-injury? Is a big hit to the thigh going to knock him out again?  Is the risk minimal, is it 50/50?  

i can’t sit him because if he’s healthy he could be the top scorer this week, but I am concerned about him getting hurt again, and about the injury affecting his mobility. Boom or bust tonight I think.

10 minutes ago, JAG_challam said:

I don't think this is outside the realm of possibility at all, but I'd flip it: 15 receps and 10 carries.

LV is bad. They'll most likely use Ek a lot in the passing game (as usual, but even more so with their two WRs out/limited) and let Ballage take the lion's share of between the tackles work. My guess anyways.

I just hope we see the TDs... preferably receiving TDs as an Herbert-Ekeler stack owner. He hasn't has a TD since he came back from injury... once he starts finding the end zone, the ceiling is through the roof.

• Like 1