NBC Sports Edge Forums

Austin Ekeler 2020 Outlook

meh. 

look, in the grand scheme of things is an 11 spot in ppr a week killer? no. hell. no. 

but let's put this in context, shall we?

if someone told you prior to the game that:

1) Ek wouldn't leave with injury

2) the Bolts would score 4 TDs

3) there would be OT 

4) KA & BMW would combine for 6 points

... would you assume Ek scored as paltry as he did?

see, to put this in the context of the peripherals i just laid out, and considering the trashcan defense (which was down 4 starters), then, no ... this was not an "ok" outing, this was a smash spot that went by the wayside.

you can dress it up all you want, and whistle past the graveyard 'til the cows come home ... but this was underwhelming in a big way. 

you know it. 

i know it. 

🌭

• Like 4
  • Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Check out Austin Ekeler's insta caption..... lesssssssss' gooooo!

LFG!!!  

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

meh. 

look, in the grand scheme of things is an 11 spot in ppr a week killer? no. hell. no. 

but let's put this in context, shall we?

if someone told you prior to the game that:

1) Ek wouldn't leave with injury

2) the Bolts would score 4 TDs

3) there would be OT 

4) KA & BMW would combine for 6 points

... would you assume Ek scored as paltry as he did?

see, to put this in the context of the peripherals i just laid out, and considering the trashcan defense (which was down 4 starters), then, no ... this was not an "ok" outing, this was a smash spot that went by the wayside.

you can dress it up all you want, and whistle past the graveyard 'til the cows come home ... but this was underwhelming in a big way. 

you know it. 

i know it. 

🌭

LV very obviously came into this game with a single mission, and that was to stop the bleeding on the defensive side of the ball against RBs. And hats off to them, they did a fantastic job of it, and with a skeleton crew no less. Their DL looked solid most of the game.

Did we want more out of Ek? Of course we did. But let's not act like we just got Helaire'd.

• Haha 1
26 minutes ago, JAG_challam said:

But let's not act like we just got Helaire'd.

yep, that's EXACTLY what i said, right?  🤔

33 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

meh. 

got it?

thnx. 

• Haha 1

He was one broken tackle away from possibly housing a 70+ yard TD, Hebert hardly checked down to him, volume was less than expected, and he still got me 9.9 in half ppr. I ain't mad. The only thing that's frustrating is Ballage being a vulture. That's so frustrating. 

21 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Exactly. Truth is, many of us are a bit drama queens (I know I am) and we prefer to win our games on Thursday - and when we don't, then we're unhappy and fuming until Sunday.

tenor.gif

Which is why we have both the Vent and Rant and the Cool story threads and it's not impossible to see the same people there ;)

• Haha 1