NBC Sports Edge Forums

Clint Frazier 2020 Outook

I read he's re-worked his swing and is having a nice spring, 4/13, 1 HR, 6 BB, 0 K's.  Assume he begin's the season as a starter, but if and when Judge and Stanton return where does that leave him?

1 hour ago, svdude said:

I read he's re-worked his swing and is having a nice spring, 4/13, 1 HR, 6 BB, 0 K's.  Assume he begin's the season as a starter, but if and when Judge and Stanton return where does that leave him?

Can he play CF?  Gardner isn't getting any younger?  

Frazier can play CF if needed.  We'll have to see how long Judge and Stanton are out for.  But I wouldn't be surprised to see them miss the first month of the season.  Then you have Tauchmann, Gardner, Frazier and Andujar for the OF.  Some ABs at DH as well. They'll have decisions to make when Judge or Stanton get back.  Tauchmann is a solid CF though so I think him or Gardner will be in CF nmw.

Keep in mind, Frazier missed a ton of time in the minors due to injuries as well.  It looks like thats finally behind him at least.  He has a lot of talent and extremely motivated.  If he crushes while they're out, I don't think they'll demote him again unless he does something stupid.

5 hours ago, svdude said:

Love that stat(s)

He's on my radar, but Judge and Stanton aren't expected to miss a lot of time. It's just difficult to see a path for regular ABs. Can't imagine they bench Tauchman because he's a great defender and now it seems like Andujar will see more time in the OF then at 1B.

• Thanks 1
  • 5 months later...
21 minutes ago, Jason123 said:

Finally getting the call-up.  Any expectations on playing time?

My guess is full platoon. He'll likely play against lefties. Success there could lead him to looks against righties. Right now he will do that from the DH spot, but again the Yankees may want to deploy him in LF to A) see what they have long term if his off season defensive work has paid off or b) showcase him for potential trade. 

Edited by kwolf68
3 hours ago, kmoore1521 said:

nice game last night, finally going to get a shot or still getting jerked around by the yanks?

I hope so as a yankee fan clint has always hit in his limited time in the majors. Gardner is on his way out and fraizer has a much higher ceiling then tauchman. Since stanton can play the field anymore I would love to see him become the everyday left fielder 

1 hour ago, B&F said:

How can they keep him out of the lineup?

Wish someone would trade for him.  What would he cost?  A couple of prospects probably.

It doesn't seem like he is giving them a choice, and now with DJ hurt, they don't have much of one.

If he keeps finally tapping into his potential during this opportunity, it would cost a lot more than that.  We'll see how things go of course, but I'm enjoying the ride right now.

In comparison to other teams does it even matter that he bats at the bottom of the lineup?   Not sure it does.

He has 30-10 potential too.  

9 hours ago, B&F said:

In comparison to other teams does it even matter that he bats at the bottom of the lineup?   Not sure it does.

He has 30-10 potential too.  

Not particularly, especially when they face Boston's "pitching" staff. 😀

He still will likely move up if he keeps rolling along though, which obviously would never hurt regardless.

Why didn't he make the team...Hicks is pure sewage as a hitter so unless his defense is that good not sure why Hicks even made the team over Frazier

48 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Why didn't he make the team...Hicks is pure sewage as a hitter so unless his defense is that good not sure why Hicks even made the team over Frazier

I don’t think the Yanks like his attitude but they’re a bunch of stuffy old dusters

23 hours ago, smeeze said:

I don’t think the Yanks like his attitude but they’re a bunch of stuffy old dusters

Well the enemy of my enemy is my friend yet he is still a Yankee therefore the friend of my enemy who is my enemy's enemy becomes my frenemy...

Eh it wont last ...pass

• Haha 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Really like what I've been seeing from Frazier lately.  Average up over .300 after last night's performance, with an OBP sitting at .421 on the back of a career high walk rate.  Strikeout rate is also a few ticks down from his career average, which never hurts.  As a bonus, he's pitched in a couple of steals over the last week.

All in all, he's absolutely destroying the baseball and Boone is going to have to keep finding ways to keep his bat in the lineup.

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, KrispySteve423 said:

Really like what I've been seeing from Frazier lately.  Average up over .300 after last night's performance, with an OBP sitting at .421 on the back of a career high walk rate.  Strikeout rate is also a few ticks down from his career average, which never hurts.  As a bonus, he's pitched in a couple of steals over the last week.

All in all, he's absolutely destroying the baseball and Boone is going to have to keep finding ways to keep his bat in the lineup.

He basically said recently that Frazier has earned a regular spot in the lineup even when everybody came back.  Everybody is back and he's still in there, even though they are easing Stanton back into the lineup.  Between that and the fact that Frazier is killing it right now, he is now a regular.  You were obviously right that he deserves to be though.

• Like 1

Clint Frazier has earned the playing time he's been getting.

- .303 BA (2nd best on the team)

- 31/20 K/BB ratio (His 20 walks in 30 games is already 4 more than the 16 walks he had in almost 70 games last year)

- Power and Speed combination. Next year, could easily see him becoming a 25/10 kind of guy.

- Can play LF, RF and DH.

Great guy who keeps quiet now, took a chance on him in a trade earlier this season and he's paying off BIG TIME right now for me.

Having a guy like this hitting 7th....this is a LOADED LINEUP.

Edited by CORTEz