NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Travis Kelce 2020 Outlook

Not debating his huge value, but just curious what's yall think this guys trade value is? If you we're desperate for RB do you think you could trade him for a CMC? or Zeke, or James Connor? This guy really does boost a huge amount for a position that is typically most peoples weakness. 

Just now, Jrt80 said:

Not debating his huge value, but just curious what's yall think this guys trade value is? If you we're desperate for RB do you think you could trade him for a CMC? or Zeke, or James Connor? This guy really does boost a huge amount for a position that is typically most peoples weakness. 

Any player in fantasy. Especially with kittle out for the year, it is a huge advantage to have wr 1 #s from your te.

6 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

With Kittle probably done for the year, Kelce is probably the #1 player in fantasy. I wouldnt trade him unless it was for a surefire RB1 and I had a capable backup like Hockenson.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

If I'm trading Kelce I want Kamara or Cook. He's too valuable to accept anything less.

3 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

If I'm trading Kelce I want Kamara or Cook. He's too valuable to accept anything less.

interesting. I drafted Kelce at the end of the 1st round bc I just didn't feel great about the RB's taken later in the first. You're right tho I dont think he's a guy you should trade for basically anything. With the news of kittle though it makes me wonder if I should add Kelce's backup as a handcuff. Does anyone know if the backup is semi serviceable? 

31 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

interesting. I drafted Kelce at the end of the 1st round bc I just didn't feel great about the RB's taken later in the first. You're right tho I dont think he's a guy you should trade for basically anything. With the news of kittle though it makes me wonder if I should add Kelce's backup as a handcuff. Does anyone know if the backup is semi serviceable? 

He's good but he's very injury prone. I'd feel safer with someone like Logan Thomas I think.

41 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Can confirm this, I’m big into player valuation because its fascinating to me. 

If you look at the value Kelce provides over the average replacement at his position, you get to a Kamara/Cook/CMC/Henry/DHop/Adams type of gap... which is why an aggregation of trade value charts from around the industry puts Kelce to be just under the top 5 RBs (AK, CMC, DH, DC, AJ) and the top 3 WRs (DA, DH, TH).

However, the gap in value between Kelce and the 2nd most valuable TE now that Kittle is out, will be massive. He will quite literally be twice as valuable as the now 2nd most valuable TE, Darren Waller. Meaning it would take Darren Waller + a borderline WR1 (Terry, ARob, Godwin, etc) to even get close to Kelce in value in a trade. 

If he continues on his current pace, by the end of the year for any team that doesn’t have any medium to large gaps in their starting lineup, Kelce will be nearly immovable. 

Edited by next big thing cp84
  • Like 2

I was just hoping he would repeat similar performances to his 2018 & 2019 seasons, but somehow he’s actually improved his production which I didn’t think would be possible. Another crazy factor is no matter what the game script is, (run-heavy, Target tyreek) he always gets his. 

On 11/8/2020 at 11:44 PM, fantasyscholar said:

If you got this guy after the second round, he’s a league winner. I’d bet he’ll be the highest percentage player on championship teams this season.

[...] I've been taking him for the past 3 years when I can once the middle of round 2 hits.

Edited by tonycpsu

Kelce is only 16 yards behind Hopkins for the league’s lead in receiving yards.

1. WR, Hopkins 72/912/4

2. WR, Diggs 73/906/4

3. TE, Kelce 66/896/7

4. WR, Mclaurin 62/871/3

5. WR, DJ Moore (surprised about this one) 46/863/4

Travis Kelce, up where he belongs among the top receivers in the game, while still in my TE slot.

He’d be the WR3 right now in 0.5 ppr. Only behind Davante Adams and Tyreek.

1. Davante 176.7

2. Tyreek 174.7

3. Kelce 162.76

4. Metcalf 162.5

5. Thielen 158.6

We need to talk about this guy being a top 5 WR (maybe top 3) that you can play at TE. And in terms of value over the replacement level at their position? 

Outside of a rando QB with TE eligibility, it’s really not even remotely close. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...