NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Which Team is Better?

Ginge11

Can keep 9 keepers under $120.  Curious which squad you think is better for the money.  I'm leaning Trout, but really interested in Vlad Jr. too.   

Option1:

Hiura, Bichette, Trout, Acuna, Yordan, L. Robert, Lux, Wheeler, Luzardo (Total $118) 

Option 2:

Hiura, Vlad Jr., Betts, Acuna, Yordon, L. Robert, Robles, Darvish, Luzardo (Total $119). 

Edited by Ginge11
Typo

It’s better to look at players that are only on one side and not the other so:

Team 1: Bichette, Trout, Lux, Wheeler 

Team 2: Vlad, Betts, Robles, Darvish, 

I think it’s pretty easily the side with the best player, which is Trout. At this point Bichette > Vlad, Trout > Betts, Robles > Lux, Darvish > Wheeler but close to a wash as Wheeler can improve. 

1 minute ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

It’s better to look at players that are only on one side and not the other so:

Team 1: Bichette, Trout, Lux, Wheeler 

Team 2: Vlad, Betts, Robles, Darvish, 

I think it’s pretty easily the side with the best player, which is Trout. At this point Bichette > Vlad, Trout > Betts, Robles > Lux, Darvish > Wheeler but close to a wash as Wheeler can improve. 

Thanks!  That is what I'm thinking too.  Just been holding Vlad Jr. for a while thinking he's be top 5 player at some point. Worried that he'll make me regret it.  Essentially I'd be trading Vlad for Bichette to make this happen. 

18 minutes ago, Ginge11 said:

Thanks!  That is what I'm thinking too.  Just been holding Vlad Jr. for a while thinking he's be top 5 player at some point. Worried that he'll make me regret it.  Essentially I'd be trading Vlad for Bichette to make this happen. 

No problem glad to help. Vlad can definitely become an elite player, but until he does Bichette gives you more with the SB’s and 20+ HR and a good average. Also you get to keep Trout.

The underrated key guy is Robles

Hes probably a year away from leading off and swiping 40 to 50

Batted .300 in minors

Trout is great, love bichettr, but Betts is in prime., and still top 10

really depends on keeper prices. do they increase, can you keep them forever?

love bichette, but vlad is clearly a good amount ahead of bichette in keeper forever.

robles is clearly more valuable than lux (lux is a nice piece)

does trout  cover that over mookie. thats tough. i would have to think so but would not hate holding onto vlad. i think bichette will be good enough alond with trout to making letting go of vlad easier

Edited by colepenhagen

29 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

trout in keeper forever kills mookie. now does vlad kill bichette?

Kills?

Trout's better, but mookie is top 7

Yu kills wheeler in a hitters park

I love bichette, but vlad will have better career

I love lux, but Robles 40 to 50 sb will kill him

Trout over mookie

Vlas over bichette

Robles over lux

Yu way over wheeler

Trout's edge, will not cover the other 3 losses

8 minutes ago, HOOTIE said:

Kills?

Trout's better, but mookie is top 7

Yu kills wheeler in a hitters park

I love bichette, but vlad will have better career

I love lux, but Robles 40 to 50 sb will kill him

Trout over mookie

Vlas over bichette

Robles over lux

Yu way over wheeler

Trout's edge, will not cover the other 3 losses

mookie isnt close to trout in keeper so we will just have to agree to disagree. mookie is cutch 2.0. good/great but dont see the longevity of mookie. trouts 40 hrs 300 avg plays until early/mid 30's

4 minutes ago, HOOTIE said:

Career avg is a push

Betts is younger

Trout doesnt run much anymore

And hasn't played over 140 games in 3 years

Mike will have better Oba and hrs.

A edge for sure

But huge?

have to project. mookie is a little guy that barely has 30 hr power. when his youth/athleticism goes he cant fall back on 40 hr power like trout

trout and mookie are both running less. dont see any difference there in sb for present or future.

if you think vlad is next miggy and want to gamble on that then i can totally see intrigue of the other side. trout is just so much safer for the next 5+ years

its a possibility just not a piece i want to bank on if moving trout. the whole deal comes down to how vlad and bichettes career go.

just put this hear to see how much dynasty ranks can change in a couple years. machado #2, bryant #3, altuve #4, bryant 5, correa #8, goldy and seager top 10

7 out top 10 are no where near as valuable. https://www.espn.com/fantasy/baseball/story/_/page/mlbranks_dynasty300170216/fantasy-baseball-rankings-top-mlb-players-every-position-dynasty-leagues

https://www.espn.com/fantasy/baseball/story/_/page/mlbranks_dynasty300180228/fantasy-baseball-rankings-top-mlb-players-every-position-dynasty-leagues

Edited by colepenhagen
  • Like 1

Thanks guys. I ended up going with the Trout side.  Mookie is great but I see Trout as a lot safer over next several years.  I hear what a lot of people were saying about Robles steals upside.  Having Acuna/Robert/Trout I felt gave the team a nice base of steals to where I didn’t really need Robles.  

thanks again!  

Edited by Ginge11