NBC Sports Edge Forums

Prospects 365 top 200 prospects

IDK, I just feel like Butler has no scouting experience (that I am aware at least) and just complies a fantasy list based on other lists and opinions. When he talks about sweet swings and actual skills where he has no expert training, well he could be just anyone of the regular posters here voicing their opinion. It's kinda of a turn off that he's trying to establish himself as an expert scout...but for fantasy...On the other hand, besides his skill based opinions, it's a fun read and helpful complied list. Kinda of like if fantasy pros did a write up and blurbs of their consensus rankings.  

Edited by tucker26
6 minutes ago, tucker26 said:

IDK, I just feel like Butler has no scouting experience (that I am aware at least) and just complies a fantasy list based on other lists and opinions. When he talks about sweet swings and actual skills where he has no expert training, well he could be just anyone of the regular posters here voicing their opinion. It's kinda of a turn off that he's trying to establish himself as an expert scout...but for fantasy...On the other hand, besides his skill based opinions, it's a fun read and helpful complied list. Kinda of like if fantasy pros did a write up and blurbs of their consensus rankings.  

Hey don't ruin my dream.  :)

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, adwilk1231 said:

Hey don't ruin my dream.  :)

His analytical work is great and he dives deep into the numbers. That takes a lot of hard work and appreciate when he stays in that framework. I'm nitpicking a bit. It's good fantasy content that we would otherwise not have, so it's cool.

• Like 1