NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kyle Lewis 2020 Outlook

Lewis has always had more promise in my eyes than in the eyes of others.  He's battled knee issues but he's looking healthy and ready to have a nice year in 2020.  He's really not getting much love at all but he might be my favorite sleeper...his ADP on NFBC is right around 400 right now.  He's dirt cheap.  He's got 3 HRs this spring.

He's the definition of a sleeper in my opinion.

• Like 3
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The guy is like 2.7 years younger than Mookie Betts lol.  There is a really small chance he's golden for a decade. If you get 5 good-great years out of Kyle Lewis on your dynasty team you should be th

wild

Lewis has always had more promise in my eyes than in the eyes of others.  He's battled knee issues but he's looking healthy and ready to have a nice year in 2020.  He's really not getting much love at

5 minutes ago, Weekday Warrior said:

If memory serves he was a 1st round draft pick and then had a really bad knee injury, possibly of the “will never be the same again” variety.  So it seems like the talent is there but staying on the field for a whole season is a question mark

He was the Golden Spikes winner at Mercer in college.  Best player in the country.  He sure looks good this spring.

The K's are likely to always be an issue, but one you can live with at his cost and guaranteed ABs in the middle of a OK lineup. The hard contact he makes is really sweet, ball jumps off his bat and even if he doesn't walk much, his ABs last Sept were quite good--really worked himself into good counts to attack. My favorite OF3/4 right now given ADP.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Cmilne23 said:

Won’t run

Won’t hit for average 

Power was a fluke last year at end of year 

Will hit towards bottom of awful lineup

Don’t see him contributing in any category.

Hence an ADP around 400,,,,,,,,,,,,,and if you're wrong.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

Won’t run

Won’t hit for average 

pretty sure he hit cleanup last night, in a lineup of mostly starters.  I'm on board.

41 minutes ago, HackAZach said:

pretty sure he hit cleanup last night, in a lineup of mostly starters.  I'm on board.

Cleanup in front of who?  A bunch of F- scrubs.  This lineup is probably the worst in baseball.  He’ll probably hit higher vs LHP.  And 6-7 vs RHP.  Unless he runs I can’t see anything more than a .240/60/15/50/0 season.  

5 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

Won’t run

Won’t hit for average 

so I take it your all in

• Haha 1
  • 3 months later...

Mariners manager Scott Servais praised Kyle Lewis' physical condition during a Zoom call with reporters on Sunday.

Lewis finally put his knee issues in the rearview last season and in September delivered an .885 OPS with five home runs over his first 18 major league games. He used the shutdown to work with private hitting, speed, and strength coaches. “Coming back from a very serious knee injury, it takes time,” Servais said. “You might be physically strong and everything checks out, but it’s always in the back of your head. That’s what it looks like to me, that it’s kind of freed him up now. ... The ceiling, the upside for Kyle, the sky is the limit." 

I think it was easy to lose sight of how long a full recovery can take (from a gruesome knee issue)...him being even further down that road can only make rounding out his game possible. Very interested to watch him this season, I would invest on the cheap in deeper dynasty formats while the window is open.

• Like 2

A very hot name right now. This may have been my #1 pick in his FYPD year, and it would have been a bad one, but that's how highly he was thought of once upon a time. His plate discpline hasn't been great in the minors, but he has fought his way back from injuries.  He might just be on a red hot Aquino type run in meaningless games, but if he's available on the WW in a 5 OF league, he should probably be owned. He's locked into the lineup, and there is some upside here.

• Thanks 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm absolutely rolling the dice in my 14 team dynasty league with Meadows likely to start the season on IL. I drafted Lorenzo Cain as well, but I'd rather start the guy who's been hot at the plate this preseason, and could very well hit the ground running. Due to the shortened season, there won't be much time for the "wait and see" approach this year. The second I suspect that a guy is getting hot, I'm trying to squeeze him in my lineup some how. Most seasons, one can afford to sit around and let the guys they drafted get going, but obviously this season is going to fly by, so that strategy needs to be tweaked to an extent.

His ADP is about right but there are a few other players being drafted later I would rather take a chance on such as Clint Frazier.

30 minutes ago, B&F said:

His ADP is about right but there are a few other players being drafted later I would rather take a chance on such as Clint Frazier.

Kyle Lewis >>> Clint Frazier. Lewis is scorching the ball right now, has a full time role, and will be locked in the middle of the Mariners lineup. Frazier is buried behind Judge, Stanton, Gardner, Tauchman, and Andujar for playing time.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, fatbob166 said:

I'm absolutely rolling the dice in my 14 team dynasty league with Meadows likely to start the season on IL. I drafted Lorenzo Cain as well, but I'd rather start the guy who's been hot at the plate this preseason, and could very well hit the ground running. Due to the shortened season, there won't be much time for the "wait and see" approach this year. The second I suspect that a guy is getting hot, I'm trying to squeeze him in my lineup some how. Most seasons, one can afford to sit around and let the guys they drafted get going, but obviously this season is going to fly by, so that strategy needs to be tweaked to an extent.

I am a big Lewis fan this year, but those first 4 games of the year might make him keeping hot very tricky--as he sees Verlander, McCullers, Greinke and James in HOU. At least most of them will be 6 and ditch and their pen is not as formidable as it once was. Just stay patient if he scuffles a tad, this kid is very legit.

Lewis is worth a dice roll I suppose given his adp is 400ish but I do not expect much. Awful BB-K%, .351 BABIP to only hit .268. Bad lineup, bad ballpark. His HR/FB was 40%. Yes he got hot when he first came up in his SSS. Anything could happen in 60 games but he doesn't project to be good

15 hours ago, Ecofolux said:

Lewis is worth a dice roll I suppose given his adp is 400ish but I do not expect much. Awful BB-K%, .351 BABIP to only hit .268. Bad lineup, bad ballpark. His HR/FB was 40%. Yes he got hot when he first came up in his SSS. Anything could happen in 60 games but he doesn't project to be good

Plus the Mariners will face a lot of tough pitching this year.   Lewis definitely has great power upside but I do not expect much from him at AVG and OBP.

So we got the BPS hype train combined with the CMLine fade play working all in one player.  

That bomb looked ridiculous 110 EXIT Velo off Verlander.  

🚨🚨🚨Pick him up, this. is not a drill🚨🚨🚨🚨

On 7/12/2020 at 5:55 PM, brockpapersizer said:

A very hot name right now. This may have been my #1 pick in his FYPD year, and it would have been a bad one, but that's how highly he was thought of once upon a time. His plate discpline hasn't been great in the minors, but he has fought his way back from injuries.  He might just be on a red hot Aquino type run in meaningless games, but if he's available on the WW in a 5 OF league, he should probably be owned. He's locked into the lineup, and there is some upside here.

On 3/12/2020 at 4:07 PM, Cmilne23 said:

ALL OUT.

id rather get corona than own a Mariner.  I’m on record.

On 3/12/2020 at 10:11 AM, Cmilne23 said:

Won’t run

Won’t hit for average 

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Haha 1