NBC Sports Edge Forums

Looking to make our auction League more fun!

In one of my baseball leagues, we have a similar format with two wrinkles: 1) the number of keepers varies by last year's placement (i.e. people who win money get a keeper less) and 2) after keepers are set, we hold a draft of remaining players at their keeper value, where we go until all teams decline to select a player at keeper price.Then we hold the auction.

I'm actually assuming you're already doing this, but on the small chance you aren't: draft in person.  The internet made drafting easier, but 'live' is the funnest way to go.

1 hour ago, Bandito said:

I'm actually assuming you're already doing this, but on the small chance you aren't: draft in person.  The internet made drafting easier, but 'live' is the funnest way to go.

This, live in person drafting is awesome, and I always found that I payed attention to that team more than and online draft for some reason

• Like 1

Last place team in the league by points scored weeks 1 thru 16 has to pay double the amount of league cost and that extra money goes to league winner.

in a 6 team playoff do top 5 records (tie breaker for most points) then the 6th team is the highest scoring team in the league that did not make the playoffs. Last year I had a team that was highest scoring in the league and yet I ended up 7th (brutal I know I went against random god team each week).

Maybe make it where you have to start 3 rb 3 wr 2 te each week along with 1 qb and 1 defense and 2 rbwrte flex.

59 minutes ago, isuckatdfs said:

Last place team in the league by points scored weeks 1 thru 16 has to pay double the amount of league cost and that extra money goes to league winner.

in a 6 team playoff do top 5 records (tie breaker for most points) then the 6th team is the highest scoring team in the league that did not make the playoffs. Last year I had a team that was highest scoring in the league and yet I ended up 7th (brutal I know I went against random god team each week).

Maybe make it where you have to start 3 rb 3 wr 2 te each week along with 1 qb and 1 defense and 2 rbwrte flex.

This is a good idea, I had the 2nd most points in one of my leagues last year and finished 9th out of 12

7 hours ago, isuckatdfs said:

Where do you play hockeyfan? Last year I just did espn and yahoo. I really could use some auction right now to cure my boredom. Like a 25 dollar league or even 20 or 40 dollars. 

I play only in yahoo leagues...I played in a football league in ESPN but I didn't like it(may have been the league)..

10 hours ago, isuckatdfs said:

how do you do payment? thru yahoo funds or leageusafe? I am always looking to join leagues.

We have the same bunch in most of the leagues and we just Venmo the Commish the money before the season...I don't know if you play baseball but if we ever have a season we have an opening in one of those leagues...Message me if interested and I will give you his info

Edited by hockeyfan77