Mookie Betts OF (27)

Cody Bellinger 1B (24)

Trea Turner SS (27)

Juan Soto OF (21)

Walker Buehler SP (26)

Keston Hiura 2B (23)

Lucas Giolito SP (25)

Aaron Judge OF (28)

I’m unsure what to do with Judge. If he’s out months, it’ll really hurt. Here are my options:

1) Keep Judge

2) Keep Gavin Lux instead (great keeper but may not help a ton this year)

3) Keep 7 and keep the 8th round pick and grab best available 

What would you do? 

WHIR

What's your wire going to look like?  Will you have a dead spot in the lineup entirely (starting a 4th OF or something) or will it be say the 37th OF (12 team mixed start 3)?

If it's not horrifying, I think I like the 2nd option best.  Better to move on too soon, and get a quality piece (though only partially this year).  Plus Judge is on the backside of your window group, so booting him for Lux, while lessening your potential peak this year, it definitely will extend your window somewhat.

No chance Lux gets back to you at your 9th round pick?

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Heretic said:

What's your wire going to look like?  Will you have a dead spot in the lineup entirely (starting a 4th OF or something) or will it be say the 37th OF (12 team mixed start 3)?

If it's not horrifying, I think I like the 2nd option best.  Better to move on too soon, and get a quality piece (though only partially this year).  Plus Judge is on the backside of your window group, so booting him for Lux, while lessening your potential peak this year, it definitely will extend your window somewhat.

No chance Lux gets back to you at your 9th round pick?

11 teams, start 5 OF. Plus MI, CI, and DH. 

Not too worried about my offense overall. But yeah, there will be 30+ OF kept. 

I think I could certainly get Lux back. One team for sure is in full rebuild (keeping Wander) so I could see him grabbing him. 

If you think Lux would be there in the 9th, then I think I'd keep 7, look at the board at the 8th pick and take Best Avail, then grab Lux in the 9th.

If best avail is meh, just take Lux and go from there.  Steals you at least a chance at a "better" keep than Lux

• Thanks 1
Just now, Backdoor Slider said:

Hadn’t considered him much early (because no room) but would anyone consider keeping Franmil over Judge and Lux in this scenario?

24 years old, big spring so far, 37 HR last season.

He's a much cleaner replacement for Judge, power hitting OF. BUT he's also probably a lesser asset to Lux longer term.

Frankly you might be choosing between them at 8 and 9

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Judge stays, throw back you're 5th & 7th players. Keep Lux & another offensive piece in those spots. 

This is a great call, Rush. Not sure what I’m thinking keeping a top 5 SP who’s just 25. You’re right, I’m tossing him back in for Franmil. Thanks, Rush!

• Haha 4